Tues. Buff News - Bills Ready To Go With Losman

Mark VI

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, I believe the team is actually positioned about where TD wanted it when he laid out his agenda four years ago.

217872[/snapback]

Not making the playoffs for four years and going with a QB in year 5 who has never started an NFL game, is where TD wanted this franchise to be in year 5 of the plan???? :):):blink::blink:

To me its pretty simple:

We all know the ceiling on Bledsoe...and the faults he has...no need to repeat.

Another big key is there really isnt a QB available via FA that can be enough of an upgrade to justify NOT starting Losman and trying to win NOW. If there was that kind of QB avail, then maybe I would say lets go that direction.

Losman will make his share of mistakes, but so did Bledsoe.

The time is now.

Again, you do realize that we've missed the playoffs by one game in the last 2 out of 3 seasons, right?

CW

217880[/snapback]

thank God for moral victorys :) Again you do realize that the Patriots are gonna win their 3rd Superbowl in 4 years by winning their last 3 games, right?

thank God for moral victorys :)  Again you do realize that the Patriots are gonna win their 3rd Superbowl in 4 years by winning their last 3 games, right?

217883[/snapback]

All I'm saying is that the people who think we havn't been competitive or that we're the worst team in the leauge are WAY off base. There's definately room for improvement, but we've only had one losing season in the past 3 years... Reading the posts here over the past few years and you'd think that we're looking up at the Cardinals, and that's just not the case. There's LOTS of room for us to fall.

CW

So you're saying that only 6 teams actually took DB's weaknesses into account? :)  We did win 9 games, and only lost to 6 teams...

CW

217860[/snapback]

The teams that pressed Bledsoe hard with blitzes and tricky looks are the ones that beat us (for the most part). When they forced him to have to hit quick hits and slants, he couldn't do it. Pitt game is the perfect example. They pressed him hard and he kept throwing it to LBs.

NE was another example (especially at NE).

When teams didn't "gamble" (Seattle, NYJ in Buff ), it let him use the one weapon he still has which is a strong arm.

We also had ST/D score fairly early in a lot of our wins which forced the Ds not to gamble.

True, but he's been very slow to report on this oh-so-festive news that is about to happen! :)

217901[/snapback]

i think he's been slow to report on this "news" because it isn't news.........TD has not backed up the story and until he does it's just a media based rumour........there has been no public comment from TD regarding a "bledsoe pay cut", just a story from mort.........

i just think people are taking this rumour and making way to big a deal out of it to fit with their position on the QB issue......

TD also said "every position is up for grabs and no one is safe" -- was that a shot at spikes? is he going to force a pay cut on him? why isn't spikes position safe after the season he had? shouldn't he be untouchable?

see how you can take any comment and spin it........and that is all we are seeing with this drew "rumour".........it's not news........

All I'm saying is that the people who think we havn't been competitive or that we're the worst team in the leauge are WAY off base.  There's definately room for improvement, but we've only had one losing season in the past 3 years...  Reading the posts here over the past few years and you'd think that we're looking up at the Cardinals, and that's just not the case.  There's LOTS of room for us to fall.

CW

217893[/snapback]

We're competitive. The Offense just can't take the next step forward with the current QB. So now one change is being made to take the next step. Others will follow. Being stuck in a 6-9 yearly win mode serves little purpose, other than to say " we are satisfied with indefinite mediocrity ".

In these final days,

I miss Cutting Drew With Dignity. :)

217911[/snapback]

CDWD is around. I saw a post by them the other day. The best Cutting Drew With Dignity post ever was "what are you missing a chromosome or do you constantly crace attention?" from the infamous DYOH thread :)

We're competitive. The Offense just can't take the next step forward with the current QB. So now one change is being made to take the next step. Others will follow. Being stuck in a 6-9 yearly win mode serves little purpose, other than to say " we are satisfied with indefinite mediocrity ".

217917[/snapback]

so the offense didn't "take the next step forward" in the 2nd half of the season? seems to me we scored a lot of points.........

so the offense didn't "take the next step forward" in the 2nd half of the season? seems to me we scored a lot of points.........

217922[/snapback]

10 TD's from ST's and Defense. We caught the scheduling break of a lifetime during that 6 game winning streak. Each of those bad teams were playing their worst football of the year.

Then comes the Pittsburgh game, our 1st true test since the Pats wipeout on Sunday night football. Our playoff game against many 2nd, 3rd stringers. DB wasn't the sole reason we lost that game. The Defense had their issues. But he sure played terrible, with everything on the line.

Not making the playoffs for four years and going with a QB in year 5 who has never started an NFL game, is where TD wanted this franchise to be in year 5 of the plan???? :)  :)  :blink:  :blink:

217878[/snapback]

Geesh...TD said from day one that he was going to try and keep the team competitive and rebuild on the fly. Year 1 he purged the roster to fix the cap mess. Year 2 he brought in DB who had a great start, kept the team competitive, but ultimately hit a wall. TD also started to build the D into the unit it is today. Year 3 we got our franchise RB and kept building the D. Year 4, the franchise WR and QB. And a competent coaching staff (I'll slam TD with the best of you over GW).

TD's plan, I believe, was to have the pieces in place for a QB switch when the team had a good foundation in place, rather than throwing a young QB to the wolves before the supporting cast was ready (along the lines of what Pittsburgh did with Big Ben, and Cincy is doing with Palmer, and yes sports fans, the Pats did with TB).

Again, the execution of the plan was undermined by GW's ineptitude and Drew's collapse. But look where the team is positioned now, and tell me you're not excited about the future:

1.) Triplets QB-RB-WR

2.) #2 defense (statistically, I know...there' still room for improvement)

3.) One of the youngest teams in the league, who could potentially play together for a number of years.

10 TD's from ST's and Defense. We caught the scheduling break of a lifetime during that 6 game winning streak. Each of those bad teams were playing their worst football of the year.

Then comes the Pittsburgh game, our 1st true test since the Pats wipeout on Sunday night football. Our playoff game against many 2nd, 3rd stringers. DB wasn't the sole reason we lost that game. The Defense had their issues. But he sure played terrible, with everything on the line.

217929[/snapback]

Exactly. Second half of the season we beat up on bad teams and failed our only true test. We became the kind of team I hate the most, one that picks on the scrubs but will come up short against good teams. I'd rather root for an 0-16 team than a bunch of choker sissies and that's what this team was. Drew was a huge part of that.

Geesh...TD said from day one that he was going to try and keep the team competitive and rebuild on the fly.  Year 1 he purged the roster to fix the cap mess.  Year 2 he brought in DB who had a great start, kept the team competitive, but ultimately hit a wall.  TD also started to build the D into the unit it is today.  Year 3 we got our franchise RB and kept building the D.  Year 4, the franchise WR and QB.  And a competent coaching staff (I'll slam TD with the best of you over GW).

TD's plan, I believe, was to have the pieces in place for a QB switch when the team had a good foundation in place, rather than throwing a young QB to the wolves before the supporting cast was ready (along the lines of what Pittsburgh did with Big Ben, and Cincy is doing with Palmer, and yes sports fans, the Pats did with TB).

Again, the execution of the plan was undermined by GW's ineptitude and Drew's collapse.  But look where the team is positioned now, and tell me you're not excited about the future:

1.)  Triplets QB-RB-WR

2.)  #2 defense (statistically, I know...there' still room for improvement)

3.)  One of the youngest teams in the league, who could potentially play together for a number of years.

217933[/snapback]

I agree that if Losman turn out to be a good QB, the future looks bright. I was just busting your balls on your "this is just how TD expected things to go" statement. Obviously TD did not expect the GW era to be a disaster! :)

It's time for a new era. How can anyone not get excited about a trio of Losman-McGahee-Evans? They will be drawing comparisons to the Colts trio of Manning-Harrison-James. Only differences are that the Bills can play in rough weather and also have a defense. Trading Bledsoe & Henry will bring a couple of draft picks and free up more cap space. Somehow TD will get back in the first round and grab an OL. I do not care who the backup QB is as long as it is not Bledsoe. If the backup has to play, put in two TE's and a FB and hand the ball to Willis 50 times. The Pittsburgh game cost Bledsoe his job in Buffalo.

217863[/snapback]

I'm certainly excited about L-W-E but I certainly hope that the level of achievement shown by Manning-Harrison-James is not the model for these three. Perhaps it is merely the rough weather issue that would be difference but I think that rooting for these three must have been pretty horrendous for a fan the last few years. Talk about a lot of glitz and no payoff. Indy defines this with their achievements the last two years.

Certainly its been better to be an Indy partisan rather than an AZ fan but I look at even the frustrations of rooting for the 6-10 and 9-7 Bills the past two year's versus the Indy glitz and feel better about taking on our frustrations than theres. It certainly is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all, but rather than even getting loved they seem to have just simply been screwed by the hype surrounding one of the best QBs in the league whose team cannot really outclass anyone but Denver and a Billy Volek level player.

217933[/snapback]

if that is the case, why was TD prepared to take harrington (before he went at #3) and then ramsey (before he went at #32) in the '02 draft??

if you recall, he only made the bledsoe trade AFTER those two ideas fell through.......