Sabres: Josh Gorges, Brian Gionta, Moulson, Meszaros

I am a litte confused about the Giontal move. I like the guy and all, and he is a WNYer...but he is also like 35 years old. Just weird dumping Erhoff for nothing, and then getting vetran leadership from a really old guy... I am hoping they can get Ott back.

See also, they braught Cody McComanck back... very good move there, IMO

Miller to Vancouver..Vanek to Minnesota...

Edited by Buftex

I am a litte confused about the Giontal move. I like the guy and all, and he is a WNYer...but he is also like 35 years old. Just weird dumping Erhoff for nothing, and then getting vetran leadership from a really old guy... I am hoping they can get Ott back.

See also, they braught Cody McComanck back... very good move there, IMO

Miller to Vancouver..Vanek to Minnesota...

what's the scoop on Erhoff? I follow the Penguins, and they just signed him.

what's the scoop on Erhoff? I follow the Penguins, and they just signed him.

Yeah..I am a little puzzled by that one.... he is a pretty solid vetran defensemen...he had a rough year this past season, because the team was so awful, but I have no doubt he gives the Penguins a solid year. He is a good player, I am surprised the Sabres didn't even try to get anything for him. Nothing...appparently, he wanted out, cuz the team was so bad...don't blame him, but he is top 2 or 4 defensemen on most teams...and he is still on the younger side of old...

Ott is a terrible player, I hope he does not come back.

MOULSON IS BACK!!!

Like Moulson returning...somebody has to score a goal now and again...

I love Ott...my favorite Sabre in a while.

Yeah..I am a little puzzled by that one.... he is a pretty solid vetran defensemen...he had a rough year this past season, because the team was so awful, but I have no doubt he gives the Penguins a solid year. He is a good player, I am surprised the Sabres didn't even try to get anything for him. Nothing...appparently, he wanted out, cuz the team was so bad...don't blame him, but he is top 2 or 4 defensemen on most teams...and he is still on the younger side of old...

Like Moulson returning...somebody has to score a goal now and again...

I love Ott...my favorite Sabre in a while.

Buf, not sure if you are familiar with the recapture penalty in the last CBA. Not to get to specific, but if they traded Erhoff, then he decided to retire in last year of his contract(which pays only $1M each last 3 years, so likely) , then the Sabres would get a $10M cap hit, even thoufgh he was no longer on the Sabres!!!

...if he retired with 3 years left, $3m for 3 years.

Thats why trading him for just about anything was not worth it...right when they will need the room for all the youngins 2nd/3rd contracts, this could have killed them