Headlines in 4 years......

mtdoak

'Patriot Nation becomes 'Pay-off' nation'

June 17, 2009

With the third retired official to come foward in as many days, its becoming increasingly clear that the 3 Superbowl Championships in four years between 2001-05 were clearly not on an even playing field.

"What would you get for ignoring a holding call against the Patriots?" ESPN asked one retired official, who answered on the condition of anonmity

"Every man on the crew would get around $5000/game. $10000 if it was a playoff game. We didn't have to give them every call, just all the critical ones"

"Did the head of officiating know about this"

"He got alot more than we did"

"What were the most frequent non calls against the patriots?"

"Lets see...we must have not blown whistles on at least 5 holding calls a game against them, even when they started enforcing the 5 yard rule in '04, it never applied to them"

"Would you say that the Patriots would have the success they did without the refs help"

"They were a good team. Look at 2001. We gave them all the help in the world and they still went 9-7. What happened eventually was everytime another team gained momentum, we'd make marginal call after marginal call against them until the team made a mistake out of frustration. We were good at what we did, and we were paid well for it. It made it almost impossible for any team to make any progress."

"Why did it stop?"

"When Cremmel and Weis both left in '05, they refused to take hush money from (owner Bob) Kraft. We pretty much had to stop or it was the end of the line for all of us"

"How did this go undetected until now?"

"A few things. First, we made alot of 'case' calls against the Pats. Calls that went against them, but were pretty much inconsequential. Second, ESPN, the major sports network of the world, loved the Patriots. They just talked about how good they were all the time, and turned a blind eye that they were getting an alarmingly larger number of calls than any other team in the NFL. They kept saying how good they were, and everyone went along with it"

"Did anyone ever suspect this"

"Ask any coach in the AFC east how many calls went against them a year. They'll tell you. I don't think any of them every actually thought the patriots were paying us off, but I bet alot of them aren't suprised"

"What do you think will happen because of all this"

"Its hard to say. Obviously the NFL is going to be losing alot of experienced officials over this. I would be shocked to see Belichek ever coach in the NFL again. Its a shame, he's a great coach, just wanted to win too badly. I would also be suprised if the Patriots keep their super bowl titles. You obviously can't go back and play those games again."

The NFL has declined comment on all the charges, only saying "We are currently putting a signifigant amount of resources into the charges against the New England Franchise" Many insiders speculate that not only will the Patriots be stripped of their superbowl titles, but many members of the Patriot front office will be facing a potential life suspension from the NFL.

I am still pissed off about that game years ago. The one where the Pats WR caught the ball out of bounds in front of the first down marker on 4th and long and the fuggin refs marked it as a first down catch. The dude was short AND out of bounds. Then the preceded to call a phantom pass interference in the endzone on Henry Jones with no time left. WTF? Noone makes that call! I am convinced the refs were paid off that game.

Nice job.

I would add a quote from Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champion coach Mike Mularkey.

"I am shocked and dismayed but not surprised by these allegations. I am proud to say we have won our three Super Bowls in the last four years, without having to face allegations of bribing the officials."

I can only hope that you copy and pasted that from another site, because if you actually took the time to think that up and type it out, that's just sad.

217705[/snapback]

Wait, lurking as a Pat "Troll" and responding to this after 5 minutes, almost like you are waiting like a "predator" for someone to make derogatory comments about the Pats, then respond, isnt sad either??? :w00t::P

June 18, 2009

Boston (AP) The sports world was rocked today by Patriots QB Tom Brady announcing to the world that he has AIDS. When asked how this happend, Brady replied. "Remember those commercials for Sirius? Tom Brady has a new favorite receiver? Well, I liked to spread the ball around"

In a related story, CFL QBs Kordell Stewart and Jeff Garcia traveled to Ottawa to tie the knot

I am still pissed off about that game years ago.  The one where the Pats WR caught the ball out of bounds in front of the first down marker on 4th and long and the fuggin refs marked it as a first down catch.  The dude was short AND out of bounds.  Then the preceded to call a phantom pass interference in the endzone on Henry Jones with no time left.  WTF?  Noone makes that call!  I am convinced the refs were paid off that game.

217706[/snapback]

Come on now- someone must remember this game. That is the biggest hose job ever!

June 18, 2009

Boston (AP) The sports world was rocked today by Patriots QB Tom Brady announcing to the world that he has AIDS.  When asked how this happend, Brady replied.  "Remember those commercials for Sirius?  Tom Brady has a new favorite receiver?  Well, I liked to spread the ball around" 

In a related story, CFL QBs Kordell Stewart and Jeff Garcia traveled to Ottawa to tie the knot

218565[/snapback]

:D:):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Come on now- someone must remember this game.  That is the biggest hose job ever!

218861[/snapback]

Absolutely the one time in my life I can say that given the chance I would have killed someone (the refs). They were two of the worst calls in football history...of course the touchdown that Inteceptaverde scored in Seattle was probably the worst.

I am still pissed off about that game years ago.  The one where the Pats WR caught the ball out of bounds in front of the first down marker on 4th and long and the fuggin refs marked it as a first down catch.  The dude was short AND out of bounds.  Then the preceded to call a phantom pass interference in the endzone on Henry Jones with no time left.  WTF?  Noone makes that call!  I am convinced the refs were paid off that game.

217706[/snapback]

Dude...I'll never forget that Game as long as I live...I don't think I've ever been more pissed off...

So...who was the Pats QB at the time??? So is there any wonder I've never really warmed to the Guy?? :D

'Patriot Nation becomes 'Pay-off' nation'

June 17, 2009

With the third retired official to come foward in as many days, its becoming increasingly clear that the 3 Superbowl Championships in four years between 2001-05 were clearly not on an even playing field. 

"What would you get for ignoring a holding call against the Patriots?" ESPN asked one retired official, who answered on the condition of anonmity

"Every man on the crew would get around $5000/game.  $10000 if it was a playoff game.  We didn't have to give them every call, just all the critical ones"

"Did the head of officiating know about this"

"He got alot more than we did"

"What were the most frequent non calls against the patriots?"

"Lets see...we must have not blown whistles on at least 5 holding calls a game against them, even when they started enforcing the 5 yard rule in '04, it never applied to them"

"Would you say that the Patriots would have the success they did without the refs help"

"They were a good team.  Look at 2001.  We gave them all the help in the world and they still went 9-7.  What happened eventually was everytime another team gained momentum, we'd make marginal call after marginal call against them until the team made a mistake out of frustration.  We were good at what we did, and we were paid well for it.  It made it almost impossible for any team to make any progress."

"Why did it stop?"

"When Cremmel and Weis both left in '05, they refused to take hush money from (owner Bob) Kraft.  We pretty much had to stop or it was the end of the line for all of us"

"How did this go undetected until now?"

"A few things.  First, we made alot of 'case' calls against the Pats.  Calls that went against them, but were pretty much inconsequential.  Second, ESPN, the major sports network of the world, loved the Patriots.  They just talked about how good they were all the time, and turned a blind eye that they were getting an alarmingly larger number of calls than any other team in the NFL.  They kept saying how good they were, and everyone went along with it"

"Did anyone ever suspect this"

"Ask any coach in the AFC east how many calls went against them a year.  They'll tell you.  I don't think any of them every actually thought the patriots were paying us off, but I bet alot of them aren't suprised"

"What do you think will happen because of all this"

"Its hard to say.  Obviously the NFL is going to be losing alot of experienced officials over this.  I would be shocked to see Belichek ever coach in the NFL again.  Its a shame, he's a great coach, just wanted to win too badly.  I would also be suprised if the Patriots keep their super bowl titles.  You obviously can't go back and play those games again."

The NFL has declined comment on all the charges, only saying "We are currently putting a signifigant amount of resources into the charges against the New England Franchise"  Many insiders speculate that not only will the Patriots be stripped of their superbowl titles, but many members of the Patriot front office will be facing a potential life suspension from the NFL.

217704[/snapback]

I don't know...this may sound akin to buzz killing, but hating on the Patsies and calling them "cheaters" is ignoring the obvious...That is the best Team in the NFL right now, like it or not...And Officiating may have helped along the way, but in no way should it diminish what they have accomplished IMHO... :D

I don't know...this may sound akin to buzz killing, but hating on the Patsies and calling them "cheaters" is ignoring the obvious...That is the best Team in the NFL right now, like it or not...And Officiating may have helped along the way, but in no way should it diminish what they have accomplished IMHO... :D

218961[/snapback]

Uhm - hypothetical here, so no tuck rule and they get knocked out by raiders...

.. then officials enforce DB contacts rules properly and Colts win last year....

... and the pats have won zero superbowls in the last 3 years

now say what you just said again about them accomplishing something.