I believe in TJ Graham

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that TJ's contract was written during some sort of blood sacrifice in which TJ offered his soul in exchange for 3 years of a guaranteed roster spot. EJ inked a similar deal.

TJ isn't a bad receiver. I think he is better than most people say. A lot of people hate him because he is mostly a number 3 receiver and we "could" have had russel Wilson with his pick. He isn't bad, but we have talent at receiver that is ahead of him. On other teams, he would be a solid number 3 guy.

Honestly, with all the reports coming in about EJ "building chemistry" with his WR's, I believe TJ Graham will still be on this roster come September. I think EJ was stunted by not getting enough reps with SJ13 and TJ, our two starters last year. With SJ13 gone, TJ is now the vet leader of the WR's and he'll show what he can do. Watkins and Woods may be a part of that showing, but Graham will be a fundamental part of this offense moving forward. He'll never be as good as Russell Wilson, but he'll be another Buddy pick vilified.

Let's look at the positives.

-He's fast (he was like a track star)

-He's got a cannon (remember that trick play where he launched the ball? Emergency QB a la Brad Smith, anyone?)

-He single-handedly won us that second Jets game (great ball awareness, shook Milliner 10 yards off the ball)

-He's a really nice guy

Thank Buddy for TJ Graham, and don't say I didn't tell ya.

Terrible analysis. I will never "thank Buddy" for believing in Fitzpatrick and picking Graham over Wilson. I will be shocked if he is even on the roster come week 1.

Honestly, with all the reports coming in about EJ "building chemistry" with his WR's, I believe TJ Graham will still be on this roster come September. I think EJ was stunted by not getting enough reps with SJ13 and TJ, our two starters last year. With SJ13 gone, TJ is now the vet leader of the WR's and he'll show what he can do. Watkins and Woods may be a part of that showing, but Graham will be a fundamental part of this offense moving forward. He'll never be as good as Russell Wilson, but he'll be another Buddy pick vilified.

Let's look at the positives.

-He's fast (he was like a track star)

-He's got a cannon (remember that trick play where he launched the ball? Emergency QB a la Brad Smith, anyone?)

-He single-handedly won us that second Jets game (great ball awareness, shook Milliner 10 yards off the ball)

-He's a really nice guy

Thank Buddy for TJ Graham, and don't say I didn't tell ya.

Your username is Fire Chan, yet you want to keep a no talent hack that Chan brought it?

I think people on this board are either young or have a short memory. We spent a third round pick, for which we gave up. seventh round pick, for Graham. He is going into his third year,, which is when many WRs break out.

All that being said, could somebody please remind me what Eric Moulds did his first two seasons to justify the 1st round pick we spent on him?

You mean when Todd Collins and Billy Joe Hobert were our quarterbacks?

Edited by Wagon Circler

why did i fall for this thread.

why?

My take is that WR speed is easy to find. Ball skills (tracking the ball, timing your jump, being physical and getting body position) are not easy to find.

Maybe TJ has developed those skills this offseason. I have not seen it. We don't have an accurate enough QB for a small guy with below average ball skills.

I'm starting a Nigel Bradham thread to counter your TJ Graham troller. I'll call it, "Nigel just needs a chance"

That is a ridiculous statement!!! He can't catch. He can't attempt to catch a ball without jumping, even when it is right in his numbers! This post of yours shows you lack little knowledge on the sport or have not watched him play!!! He is currently approximately the 8th WR on the roster and can't play special teams (besides returning kicks). I am usually very positive about the Bills and the posters on this board....but, this is just a statement and thread of madness. You receive zero points and I am stupider for hearing you!!

so you are refering to that one time he did this last year? I remember one jump catch drop and people wanted his head. In the superbowl i saw a couple seahawks jump to catch passes. they caught them and no-one complained then. its useful technique when you think you will take a big hit as the ball arrives. As for TJ, Fitz underthrew him about every deep attempt his first year, then EJ threw him out of bounds or short...or long on about every attempt last year. TJ is a solid 4 due to his real speed, a talent not easily found, and he is a decent #2 if someone is injured. Goodwin is better but could never be a #2. I like TJ and he gets way too much flak here. I blame the QBs and lack of deep balls thrown his way. thats his specialty. It took the board 3 years to see SJ wasnt any good even when it was obvious to me. Tjs been hammered since year 1 when he got about 20 balls thrown at him. Why not leave TJ alone til he has some more chances?

Edited by enlightener

It is always fun when someone starts a positive thread on the current board whipping boy. And for you few spewing such facts as it is usually the third year before the light turns on for a wide receiver, stop with your reality statements.

Remember adults, we now live in the world of instant gratification. You are either an instant superstar, there is no longer a learning curve, these people cannot be bothered with the trouble of jerking off, they just drop their pants and pop. Right before they crash into a tree because they are just so important to the world to put their cell phone down long enough to drive from point a to point b. No worries, 15 seconds of fame from the youtube video showing the wreckage, they will still get their trophy.

In conclusion, I already hate next years 1st pick in the second round, what has he done for us lately?

Edited by BobDVA

TJ isn't a bad receiver. I think he is better than most people say. A lot of people hate him because he is mostly a number 3 receiver and we "could" have had russel Wilson with his pick. He isn't bad, but we have talent at receiver that is ahead of him. On other teams, he would be a solid number 3 guy.

I know you watched the games . And i appreciate your upbeat attitude for sure Dan.

But TJ really has to take a pretty good jump in production to get positive attention from me.

He and EJ did not have a quality relationship first off. Maybe that will be improved upon .

But with him missing the voluntary work due to injury i worry he is not making up time , to accelerate his progress. i suppose.

He could be left behind this year .

Some wise fellow here said he will be picked up for another NFL team. Absolutely. if he is on the bubble i wish to get some value some how .

But i'd rather he just clicked and the light came on for him. Just like the legend says 3 years for a WR generally speaking to start to shine.

Good luck TJ !

Gotta love Trolls!

I love you too Wiz :wub:

It is always fun when someone starts a positive thread on the current board whipping boy. And for you few spewing such facts as it is usually the third year before the light turns on for a wide receiver, stop with your reality statements.

If you're not a real and highlight drawing #1 WR then you're garbage. Forget all the key catches SJ13 made sustaining drives, forget that he consistently caught balls up the middle in traffic and was on the field more then most any other offensive player in the last 4 years...he sucks because he's not Calvin Johnson.

Heavens to Betsy if Graham turns out to be a legit #3 or 4 WR over the next two years this board will erupt. The guy has what it takes to be first on the field in any situation and position and contribute more then most any other of his counterparts across the league.

I know you watched the games . And i appreciate your upbeat attitude for sure Dan.

But TJ really has to take a pretty good jump in production to get positive attention from me.

He and EJ did not have a quality relationship first off. Maybe that will be improved upon .

But with him missing the voluntary work due to injury i worry he is not making up time , to accelerate his progress. i suppose.

He could be left behind this year .

Some wise fellow here said he will be picked up for another NFL team. Absolutely. if he is on the bubble i wish to get some value some how .

But i'd rather he just clicked and the light came on for him. Just like the legend says 3 years for a WR generally speaking to start to shine.

Good luck TJ !

I love you too Wiz :wub:

It won't just click and turn on for him. He does not show that ability. What he needs is reps, more reps and wake up in the morning and eat your Wheaties then get more reps. EJ did not show chemistry with the guy, it was head scratching watching him get open as EJ either scrambled around the field or looked at other WR's the entire time - especially, SJ13.

TJ Graham is not horrible.

When did Bills fans become such insufferable douches?

Some may question when it started, I only question when it will end. As for me, I've always been this charming.