FOOTBALL vs Football

T master

What a phenomenally ignorant view. Pretty much validates that your post is complete and utter garbage.

Well, I'd say it was that lazy article that you obviously swallowed hook, line and sinker that is ignorant and utter garbage, but thanks for demonstrating my point about how pathetically thin-skinned some soccer fans can act.

You really can't just enjoy the tournament without getting your panties in a wad about who does or doesn't enjoy it? That's sad.

When half of the criticisms are "they play like girls" and "you can't even use your hands!" you can imagine why someone might question the cognitive abilities of soccer critics.

Based on many years of reading this board, it's probably fair to question the cognitive abilities of sports fans in general.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you give reasons why it's ignorant, why it invalidates his post and why it's utter garbage.

Everybody on this thread throws out some statement of a few words, and leaves it at that.

You don't see it? Of course not.

If only we had the worldly outlook of those fans of 3d world countries, not to mention those banana-throwing European fans.

Sure, the rest of the world are a bunch of 3rd worlder's and "banana-throwing" Europeans.

Yeah, that isn't disparaging at all.

Well, I'd say it was that lazy article that you obviously swallowed hook, line and sinker that is ignorant and utter garbage, but thanks for demonstrating my point about how pathetically thin-skinned some soccer fans can act.

I swallowed it hook, line and sinker??? Maybe if you had the reading comprehension skills of at least a 10 year old, you wouldn't have made this post.

This is what I said about that article:

I read this article today, and it encapsulated the errr discussions we are having on this topic.

Try again

And what's pathetic are the trolls that chime in and go out of their way to show their disdain for the sport. But hey, the rest of the world are a bunch of banana-throwing Europeans and 3rd worlder's, so you got them there.

Typical answer on this thread.

Are you pretending to be dense or did you not read the rest of what I wrote?

Edited by Magox

Who uses those criticisms regarding the game? Most of us that don't like it just find it boring. So what.

JA in 3....2....1 saying "oh yeah!! Well baseball is even more boring and is a dying sport but you like that!!"

Exactly!

Yet, baseball can be boring, BUT will always end with a win and has to finish exciting. Even if a pitcher who's really not a pitcher walks home the winning run in the 21st inning...

How the heck do you play a tourney and have a game end 0-0? Seems like this works in both Brazil & Mexico's favor... I don't blame them for not taking chances, both are favorites... No they can go beat up on some lesser team. And there is a stink in in Olympic woman's badminton with game fixing?

Exactly!

Yet, baseball can be boring, BUT will always end with a win and has to finish exciting. Even if a pitcher who's really not a pitcher walks home the winning run in the 21st inning...

How the heck do you play a tourney and have a game end 0-0? Seems like this works in both Brazil & Mexico's favor... I don't blame them for not taking chances, both are favorites... No they can go beat up on some lesser team. And there is a stink in in Olympic woman's badminton with game fixing?

Where is the Olympic woman's badminton thread. I would like to be called more names.

Exactly!

They didn't take chances?? Did you watch the game? Because with that post it seems you either didn't watch it or have no clue what you're talking about. The Mexico goalie had some of the greatest saves I've seen all tournament and his Brazilian counterpart had some very ones as well. The score may have been 0-0 but it was damn exciting.

They didn't take chances?? Did you watch the game? Because with that post it seems you either didn't watch it or have no clue what you're talking about. The Mexico goalie had some of the greatest saves I've seen all tournament and his Brazilian counterpart had some very ones as well. The score may have been 0-0 but it was damn exciting.

Are you really accusing The riddler of making un substantiated comments???

Say it ain't so!!!

I didn't watch the game... Followed a little online, I figured it would end this way (in a draw just a hunch) and I am not a soccer follower. Well, I am glad that people got into it 0-0 draw. There was no scoring, sounds boring, IMO, even if there were great saves. Close only counts in hand grenades & horsehoes... Now I guess soccer. It would be nice to not see ties, again IMO.

I didn't watch the game... Followed a little online, I figured it would end this way (in a draw just a hunch) and I am not a soccer follower. Well, I am glad that people got into it 0-0 draw. There was no scoring, sounds boring, IMO, even if there were great saves. Close only counts in hand grenades & horsehoes... Now I guess soccer. It would be nice to not see ties, again IMO.

Didn't watch the game, calls it boring.

You should have bet the tie and made some money since you can apparently predict the outcome despite knowing nothing about the game.

Didn't watch the game, calls it boring.

You should have bet the tie and made some money since you can apparently predict the outcome despite knowing nothing about the game.

What part of no winner, 0-0 is NOT boring?

Hey... They aren't doing much to sell the game. And yes, I can pretty much predict the outcome of the Mexico-Brazil game. 0-0, 1-1, 2-1 would have been my first 3 choices.

What part of no winner, 0-0 is NOT boring?

Hey... They aren't doing much to sell the game. And yes, I can pretty much predict the outcome of the Mexico-Brazil game. 0-0, 1-1, 2-1 would have been my first 3 choices.

I cannot believe you are still arguing about a game you DIDN'T EVEN WATCH!

He also said that he believes a walkoff walk in the 21st inning of a baseball game is exciting.... so I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

Why did I have to watch? I argue all the time about Bills/Sabres games I didn't watch but only follow online. One can get the gist of what's happening by following the scores and stats. Just like the BFLO teams (here's hoping they get better), it really doesn't make any difference when they suck... But even they find a way to score in each game.

He also said that he believes a walkoff walk in the 21st inning of a baseball game is exciting.... so I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

Yep... Somebody wins. Now the actual walk is not exciting @ all... The build up to it (putting the guys on base and getting to three balls) is a little... Will it finally end or will it go to 22.

:-)

Why did I have to watch? I argue all the time about Bills/Sabres games I didn't watch but only follow online. One can get the gist of what's happening by following the scores and stats. Just like the BFLO teams (here's hoping they get better), it really doesn't make any difference when they suck... But even they find a way to score in each game.

Yep... Somebody wins. Now the actual walk is not exciting @ all... The build up to it (putting the guys on base and getting to three balls) is a little... Will it finally end or will it go to 22.

:-)

You are completely clueless yet keep acting like you know anything about the game. It's okay to not like soccer but to trash it while having no idea what's happening is a bad look.

They were great saves. They were the most saves of any Mexican goalie since the 1960s.

The problem is there were 6 of them! A historic amount in soccer is what Henrik Lundquist would call a busy three minutes in hockey.

You are completely clueless yet keep acting like you know anything about the game. It's okay to not like soccer but to trash it while having no idea what's happening is a bad look.

And, I have used games I watched used games I've watched, youtube videos, espn articles - and yet get called a troll, an idiot, a tool and who knows what else.

And, nobody has refuted anything I've said - just called me names and said I don't know what I'm talking about. I guess espn, etc. don't either.

So, I guess it really doesn't matter if EII has watched the games or not.

They were great saves. They were the most saves of any Mexican goalie since the 1960s.

The problem is there were 6 of them! A historic amount in soccer is what Henrik Lundquist would call a busy three minutes in hockey.

And, I have used games I watched used games I've watched, youtube videos, espn articles - and yet get called a troll, an idiot, a tool and who knows what else.

And, nobody has refuted anything I've said - just called me names and said I don't know what I'm talking about. I guess espn, etc. don't either.

So, I guess it really doesn't matter if EII has watched the games or not.

You truly do not know what you're talking about. You're trying to trash something you don't understand. Here's a fact for you: the people who enjoyed watching yesterday's Mexico Brazil game actually did enjoy it. They're not making it up. It's not a conspiracy to trick people into getting wrapped up in something that they will eventually discover to be not worthy of their attention.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Look at the people you're arguing with--we are the fans of this game. Are you surprised that we aren't agreeing with your idiotic crusade? Get a grip, man. When you go on and on about it, you sound like somebody's ditzy wife who doesn't like sports and resents that her husband gets enjoyment from it. I feel like saying to you, "here, take the credit card--go buy yourself a new handbag. Just leave me alone--I'm watching the game!"

:lol::nana:

Edited by Cugalabanza