1. 1. Who do you have more?

• The dolphins
    • The patriots

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, when you talk to most Pats fans they still like Bledsoe ....they are just glad he's no longer their QB

217192[/snapback]

I agree totally, but evertime we play them, and they beat us, they continue to say, "I told you so."

Remove bledsoe from the equation, and they won't have that on us anymore. No more Belichek is so good at getting in Bledsoe's head, etc, etc.

This is really an "age" thread.  No way can anyone who has been a Bills fan for more than 25 years hate the Patriots more than the Dolphins.  Impossible.

Hating the Patriots is comical.  Now, hating the Dolphins - that is justified.

And by the way for all the so called Bills "fans" out there who are now starting to hate the Patriots, understand I am indifferent to the Pats not a fan of theirs, I also admire well played and smartly coached football.  Respectively, unfortunately, Brady and Belichick do those well. 

I am just stunned that a Bills "fan" can hate the Pats more than the dolphins.  Hearing that reminds me of those lists that say "The kids born today will never have seen an 8-track, blah, blah, blah".

217154[/snapback]

But weren't the Pats our rivals in the 60's before the Dolphins even existed???

Well I understand that we will give the patriots props for their winning, I also hope I can count on an ever-living hatred of them.

Since they are getting all the media coverage, and winning, etc, I was wondering if your hate for them has outgrown your hate for the dolphins.

Oh, and I know - I shouldn't hate.

DAMN! Title should read OUR HATRED

217012[/snapback]

There's plenty of hate to go around, isn't there? I have a limitless supply of anger, why try to quantify it?

One thing to bear in mind is that a lot of Bills fans on this board were not alive during the lean years...when the Bills were getting beat up by everybody and went 0-20 against the Dolphins.

This all changed during the Marv Levy era, which is what most of the youngsters on this board have first hand knowledge of.

With the Patriots, I believe that people look at this team and say, hey they got good overnight, why can't the Bills?...Sorry, the Patriots at best were only competative until the Belichick era...0-2 in Super Bowls and early exits in the playoffs...and how about the two year Dick McPherson era...egads.

With Weis and Crennel both gone next year, I see the beginning of the decline of the Patriots...so Bills fans be patient, your team's time is coming...

But weren't the Pats our rivals in the 60's before the Dolphins even existed???

217256[/snapback]

The Bills went 0-20 to the pats in the 60's? I must have missed that. With all due respect, what is your point? I think the poll and the other posters who cite either the streak, or the 70's or 0-20 pretty much support my argument. I never referred to any historical context of the league itself as your post implies.

I am an equal opportunistic hater. I hate the Dolphins, Patriots, & Jets with all the football hatred I can muster when we play them. Why? Becaus they are in our division. Whenever either of these teams beat us, I want to throw a table into the TV. It's as simple as that. I will admit that there was always a different feeling of joy whenever we beat the Dolphins, but my hatred for these teams is all on par.

Now I ask all of you, who said the Dolphins are always #1 with you. Were'nt any of you laughing your asses off when the Dolphins beat the Patriots this year?

I know I was. :lol::(:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Bills went 0-20 to the pats in the 60's? I must have missed that.  With all due respect, what is your point?  I think the poll and the other posters who cite either the streak, or the 70's or 0-20 pretty much support my argument.  I never referred to any historical context of the league itself as your post implies.

217498[/snapback]

Relax.

My point was just to remind everyone that the Pats were our original archrivals, before the Dolphins even came along. So basically, our Patsies rivalry goes beyond the Belicheck era, which most people forget. That was all. I just wanted to say that the Pats rivalry is legitimate, too.

I agree with you, though, that the Fins still are and always will be our archrivals. Even going beyond the 0 for 70's and the Dan Marino media lovefest during our SB years, look at the city of Miami and their fans....Buffalo and Miami are TOTAL opposites. Plus, Ralph Wilson originally wanted the franchise in Miami before settling for Buffalo in 1959. Yeah, it will take a lot more to kill this rivalry...

The Fish are the worst they can all choke and die...even though I hate Marcia and the rest of the bunch, I at least respect their team. The Dolphins are a classless organization from their crooked owner all the way down to the towel boy. I still remember how pathetic the Pats used to be (the Zolak era), and because of that i could never hate them like i hate the dolphags.

Although the Dolphins are traditionally our arch-rival, the rivalry has lost some steam since the end of the Kelly/Marino era. It's difficult to maintain hate when there just isn't anything to be mad about. The 0-20 effort was over 30 years ago, before a lot of our current players were even born.

That's why you see more hate for the Patriots lately. It's actually justified, it's not just because everyone but you is clueless. The Pats are the top dog. And they're in our division. And they continue to spank us.

Denying that the Patriots are our biggest rival right now (not of all time) is incredibly myopic. They're everyone's biggest rival right now because they're the measuring stick. We haven't proved ourselves until we have beaten the best. Agreed?

And there's nothing funnier than an old man bragging about his age, like it makes him better somehow, as if he's out on the playground again. "Since I'm older than you, I get the big boy swing."