Let's recheck out Hatred...

stevestojan

Who do you have more?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have more?

• The dolphins
    • The patriots

We haven't proved ourselves until we have beaten the best. Agreed?

217709[/snapback]

Who did the Bills play opening day '03? I seem to forget, as do you.

You are confusing many points. One of which is the thread theme. That is ok, though, as it is a trend around here.

I stand by my earlier post and the results of the poll as it stands, the nexus of this post is an age post. That is not myopic it is reality.

Argue all you want, but it is what it is. An experienced Bills fan (more than 25 years of being a fan) simply hates the Dolphins, no mystery, no spin, it is a hate thing. New Bills fans hate the Pats.

Maybe if the Pats "spank" the Bills over two decades we can agree about hating the Pats. As of now you have to respect the Pats. That is all, no where am I suggesting becoming a fan. Just respect.

Knowing and having a bit of History is only good, just wait ,your time will come. Now get off my swing, I am older than you :(

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if the Pats "spank" the Bills over two decades we can agree about hating the Pats.  As of now you have to respect the Pats.  That is all, no where am I suggesting becoming a fan.  Just respect.

217828[/snapback]

Here's the problem I have with that....You older guys HATE the Dolphins because they owned the Bills and they were always winning. 1972 perfect season and all that. Their coach was a helluva coach and they knew how to win the Super Bowl. The Patriots are starting to be the same way, but instead of hate for them...you respect them. How come you don't respect the 1972 Dolphins? If you respect the Pats...in a way, you have to respect the Dolphins.

I'm the opposite though. I will NEVER respect the Patriots, I can't stand them. It helps that I was born in 1982 and missed the 70s era. But I still hate the Dolphins too. Their fans are the main reason why I hate them. Because the Patriots have been kicking our ass lately and continue to win, that makes me hate them more. I guess you can say jealously breeds comtempt.

Here's the problem I have with that....You older guys HATE the Dolphins because they owned the Bills and they were always winning.  1972 perfect season and all that.  Their coach was a helluva coach and they knew how to win the Super Bowl.  The Patriots are starting to be the same way, but instead of hate for them...you respect them.  How come you don't respect the 1972 Dolphins?  If you respect the Pats...in a way, you have to respect the Dolphins. 

I'm the opposite though.  I will NEVER respect the Patriots, I can't stand them.  It helps that I was born in 1982 and missed the 70s era.  But I still hate the Dolphins too.  Their fans are the main reason why I hate them.  Because the Patriots have been kicking our ass lately and continue to win, that makes me hate them more.  I guess you can say jealously breeds comtempt.

218245[/snapback]

Dude there's more to hating the Dolphins than the 1970s ..............Marino vs. Kelly, Levy vs. Shula, Johnson stomping on Flutie Flakes after beating the Bills, trash talking for the past 30 years.

Hating the Patriots is comical.

And by the way for all the so called Bills "fans" out there who are now starting to hate the Patriots, understand I am indifferent to the Pats not a fan of theirs, I also admire well played and smartly coached football.  Respectively, unfortunately, Brady and Belichick do those well. 

217154[/snapback]

Yikes.

I somehow missed this post yesterday.

Since you seem to be in the business of calling out who's a real Bills fan and who isn't, how do you - a self-proclaimed Bills fan - justify being "indifferent" to a division rival?

Ugh. Back to the retirement home you go, old-timer.... :)

Who did the Bills play opening day '03?  I seem to forget, as do you.

That game has since been proven to be a fluke. To clarify, I should say that when we can beat the Patriots consistently, we'll be for real.

I stand by my earlier post and the results of the poll as it stands, the nexus of this post is an age post.  That is not myopic it is reality.

Argue all you want, but it is what it is.  An experienced Bills fan (more than 25 years of being a fan) simply hates the Dolphins, no mystery, no spin, it is a hate thing.  New Bills fans hate the Pats.

217828[/snapback]

I addressed this, and the rest of your post, in my previous one. You're simply repeating the rhetoric.

The only reason this is a debate is because the Pats are the champs and Miami is the league doormat.

If Miami was a 10+ win team again and fighting the Bills for the playoffs, the old hatred for the Phish would come back as strong as ever and no one would be voting for NE.