US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan (Prisoner Swap)

so sometimes my history and memory is a little fuzzy, but Regan trading weapons for captives bad? Obama trading terrorists for 1 captive good?

I don't recall Iran-Contra being quite that simple. The most scandalous part of Iran-Contra I recall is the people running the show violating administration policy and breaking the law (embargo against Iran, and prohibition against funding the Contras).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The New American Isolationism.

I’m opposed to isolationism in general, but with Obama so clearly inept, a do-nothing strategy may be the most prudent thing for the next couple of years.

Related: Walter Russell Mead: Obama’s Failing Foreign Policy, Groping For A Reset.

“You don’t demonstrate your mastery of world events by making smart speeches about how intelligent your foreign policy is; you demonstrate your mastery of world events by having things go your way.”

Well, that goes beyond the core competency. Plus, from the comments: “Some of us saw this coming a mile away. But we’re racists and bitter clingers.”

The New American Isolationism.

I’m opposed to isolationism in general, but with Obama so clearly inept, a do-nothing strategy may be the most prudent thing for the next couple of years.

Related: Walter Russell Mead: Obama’s Failing Foreign Policy, Groping For A Reset.

“You don’t demonstrate your mastery of world events by making smart speeches about how intelligent your foreign policy is; you demonstrate your mastery of world events by having things go your way.”

Well, that goes beyond the core competency. Plus, from the comments: “Some of us saw this coming a mile away. But we’re racists and bitter clingers.”

I think the MSM see the wheels starting to come off and that the next two years are going to be very bad for Obama. Meaning that there's a real chance his actions will eventually lead to another Iran hostage crisis. I'm surprised the terrorist group holding those girls hostage in Africa haven't changed their demands to include Obama releasing all gitmo detainees.

With Hillary, the next thing will be to call GOP women haters. So the GOP should just go ahead and nominate a women themselves. Given the state of the country, the democrats would literally have nothing to campaign on. It's not like the potential men candidates in the GOP are any better than the potential women nominees.

With Hillary, the next thing will be to call GOP women haters. So the GOP should just go ahead and nominate a women themselves. Given the state of the country, the democrats would literally have nothing to campaign on. It's not like the potential men candidates in the GOP are any better than the potential women nominees.

You been living under a rock? You've never seen the left complain about how Republican women are traitors to their own gender?

I think the MSM see the wheels starting to come off and that the next two years are going to be very bad for Obama. Meaning that there's a real chance his actions will eventually lead to another Iran hostage crisis. I'm surprised the terrorist group holding those girls hostage in Africa haven't changed their demands to include Obama releasing all gitmo detainees.

That's leadership for you right there. Afraid of the Dems' political ads? !@#$ it. Let's just nominate a broad to keep them quiet and forget about finding a qualified candidate. Talk about leading from the rear.

You should look into growing a pair, 1billsfan.

That's leadership for you right there. Afraid of the Dems' political ads? !@#$ it. Let's just nominate a broad to keep them quiet and forget about finding a qualified candidate. Talk about leading from the rear.

Oh, come on. You can't tell me you wouldn't like to watch Hillary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin. That'd be a riot.

It's not like we're getting real leadership out of any candidate. May as well go for humor.

If there were a clear cut "man for the job" then I would have a huge problem with them nominating a women just to cut the dems off at the knees. I just don't see one right now and the possible women nominees look just as good right now. If it's a toss up, I'd pick the women candidate because it totally blows a hole in the only logical (to them) plan of attack for Hillary's campaign.

Oh, come on. You can't tell me you wouldn't like to watch Hillary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin. That'd be a riot.

It's not like we're getting real leadership out of any candidate. May as well go for humor.

Can you imagine those debates? :lol: :lol:

"You Betcha ! :w00t:

If there were a clear cut "man for the job" then I would have a huge problem with them nominating a women just to cut the dems off at the knees. I just don't see one right now and the possible women nominees look just as good right now. If it's a toss up, I'd pick the women candidate because it totally blows a hole in the only logical (to them) plan of attack for Hillary's campaign.

Sure. It worked for McCain Palin.

If you're always worried about the counter punch, you're never taking charge of the fight. Your logic is fine, it's just cowardly.

This sounds familiar...................................................

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was asked about Obama’s failure to notify members of Congress (with the apparent exception of Harry Reid) prior to the Gitmo prisoner releases in return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

Here’s Reid’s reply:

Reporter: “How come it seems though that you’re the only one who got a heads-up the day before?”

Reid: “I’m not sure I’m the only one. I mean it’s made a big deal over nothing. The whole deal is, ‘is it Friday or is it Saturday.’ What difference does it make? You know I … what difference does it make?”

http://twitchy.com/2...ampaign=twitter

Edited by B-Man

Sure. It worked for McCain Palin.

If you're always worried about the counter punch, you're never taking charge of the fight. Your logic is fine, it's just cowardly.

I would submit that running a Bush or Christie over Haley or Palin would be the coward's way out, big time. I like Cruz, but I simply don't know enough about him yet.

Prisoner swap just motivates the Taliban to kidnap more---their words:

http://time.com/2826534/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-captors/

Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, he laughed. “Definitely,” he says. “It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people. It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.”

Krauthammer’s Take: Beware of ‘Witness Tampering’ by Administration with Bergdahl

The constantly changing story about Obama administration’s process of negotiations to exchange Bowe Bergdahl for appears as if the White House is “trying to make up reasons to justify a presidential decision” to take steps towards closing the Guantanamo Bay detention center, says Charles Krauthammer.

“The fact that they had to come up with a new excuse today that they thought he might be killed,” he said on Thursday’s Special Report. “Why would you say that the fourth or fifth day after all this — ‘Oh, by the way, we remembered there’s another reason’ — tells you how much they are reaching, and how little you can really believe.”

While surely part of the reasoning behind the exchange was to bring an American home, Krauthammer found the lack of credibility and secrecy of the Obama administration suspicious, noting that there has been “infinitely less information from our own government” about Bergdahl’s health than from the Taliban. “If this goes on any longer, I think we’re going to have to imagine that perhaps there might be some witness tampering happening,” he said.

Edited by B-Man

Prisoner swap just motivates the Taliban to kidnap more---their words:

http://time.com/2826...aliban-captors/

Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, he laughed. “Definitely,” he says. “It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people. It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.”

Well... um... at least they'll be targeting soldiers and "players in the game" so to speak rather than civilians?

Well... um... at least they'll be targeting soldiers and "players in the game" so to speak rather than civilians?

The israelis do prisoner swaps all the time but that's more in negotiations for a one day peace agreement.

I'm more bothered of this guy becoming a so called sergeant brody.

I look forward to the next President referring to our servicemen and women as such.

Charles Lane: Fascinating how Obama recasts Bergdahl as a “child.” Uses word four times to describe him.

Shameless

THE BERGDAHL DEBACLE JUST GETS WORSE: EXCLUSIVE: Bergdahl declared jihad in captivity, secret documents show.

And CENTCOM knew it in 2010.