Kiko and Mario had Offseason Surgery

Just saw this posted on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

Mario and Kiko both had hip surgery! Robert Woods an ankle procedure.

Here is the rest of the list:

Edge rusher Jerry Hughes (shoulder), cornerback Stephon Gilmore (hip), cornerback Leodis McKelvin (hip), tight end Scott Chandler (knee) and wide receiver Marcus Easley (knee) all went under the knife after the season, according to Mark Gaughan of The Buffalo News.

Safety Aaron Williams (shoulder) and wide receiver T.J. Graham(hip) are also recovering from surgeries, per ESPN.com's Mike Rodak.

Count them folks...ten starters.

Is this a problem with trainers or just bad luck?

Neither, it's called football. Players get injured and there is not much you can do to prevent it from happening.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this posted on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

Mario and Kiko both had hip surgery! Robert Woods an ankle procedure.

Here is the rest of the list:

Edge rusher Jerry Hughes (shoulder), cornerback Stephon Gilmore (hip), cornerback Leodis McKelvin (hip), tight end Scott Chandler (knee) and wide receiver Marcus Easley (knee) all went under the knife after the season, according to Mark Gaughan of The Buffalo News.

Safety Aaron Williams (shoulder) and wide receiver T.J. Graham(hip) are also recovering from surgeries, per ESPN.com's Mike Rodak.

Count them folks...ten starters.

Is this a problem with trainers or just bad luck?

WTF is in charge of hips? 5 hips? I've never seen more than 2, maybe 3 hips. 5 hips? I'm tellin you heads are gonna roll.

This did make me cringe a bit...Nigel Bradham took Alonso’s place with the linebackers.

You guys are totally wrong!!

The torn labrum had kiko surgery!

hahahah

Neither, it's called football. Players get injured and there is not much you can do to prevent it from happening.

Not this many going into a season. This has been going on for years now. Bills players getting injured at what appears to be a higher rate than rest of NFL. Grass in new stadium (even if it is a retractable dome I'm sure it can be done).

These surgeries are done to clean up areas of concern so that the players can have decreased risk of being out during the season or have their play affected by lingering issues. It is not uncommon and unless guys are missing TC because of it, which the indication is they will not, it is nothing to worry about and in fact is a positive thing that these things are being fixed up. Doctors will recommend surgery if they aren't confident rest will take care of it. I would rather these guys go into the season healthy.

Edit: I also don't mind that they aren't participating in OTAs considering how we have already seen freak season-ending ACL tears. Unless it is the WRs needing to develop chemistry with the QB, OTAs are as much for guys trying to secure a spot on the roster as anything. Guys like Mario, Kiko, Woods, Gilmore, etc. have starting spots locked up anyway.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not this many going into a season. This has been going on for years now. Bills players getting injured at what appears to be a higher rate than rest of NFL. Grass in new stadium (even if it is a retractable dome I'm sure it can be done).

Just google NFL offseason surgeries, here's a list of notable players:

Dashon Goldson

Calvin Johnson

Russell Okung

Tracy Porter

James Laurinaitis

Kam Chancellor

Tony Romo

Eli Manning

Demarcus Ware

Cam Newton

Andy Levitre (hip hilariously)

Manti Te'o

Trent Richardson

I could go on, but I think you get the point. Most of these are preventative surgeries. It's the NFL, lots of players opt for offseason surgeries.

hahahah

Please show some proof. I can look up injuries from last year to prove you are incorrect.

Also, you say it appears to be a higher rate. Could be because Bills are the team you follow.

Last year Packers lost Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson, Finley, and Lacy was hurt for a while.

Edited by nucci

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 33s

Saw encouraging reports yesterday that #Bills defenders Kiko Alonso/Mario Williams will be 100% for TC after offseason surgeries...

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 27s

...WR and speci teams ace Marcus Easley had work done on his knee in the offseason. He, too, will be good to go / 100% for training camp.

Edited by YoloinOhio