HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Thank you for your service. Thank everyone that is the military serving or has already. Prayers go out to the families of the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice for this country and it's people.

I have a special place in my heart for all who have served their country in military service. My very best wishes on Memorial Day to all who are serving and have served; my hopes for a safe return to all those who are currently deployed; and my thoughts and prayers to those who have fallen and the loved ones they left behind. My eternal gratitude to all.

- Former military and former law enforcement retired.

I take this holiday very seriously too. Although I never served. (should have).

(I dont mean this in any negative way, but correct me if i'm wrong. Veteran's day is for those who served. Memorial Day is for those who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving).

Thank you all. Seriously.

My son had school today. He goes to the best school around here. Its a Catholic school and he had school today.Really pisses me off that he had school today when if it was Saint "insert name here" day he would have had the day off. I'm an OIF Veteran i served In Tarmiyah Iraq from Halloween night 2006 until Jan 15 2008. I lost 32 people from my company. Some of my best buddies, and some of my "newest" best buddies since the others had been KIA.

To me todays not a day to me happy, or have a big bbq with my friends and family. Todays a day i reflect on my buddies who died for no !@#$ing reason. your not over there fighting for your country or "serving" your country. your there trying to live from one day to the next, and do what is best for you battle buddy next to you.

RIP

Lt Gwilym Newman

SPC Chase

SPC Ayala

SSG Jimmy Malone

SPC House

Lt Dan Riordan

SPC Mack

PFC Chase

SPC Paton

SPC Colon

SPC Calhoun

Edited by Pills -N- Bills

I feel what you're saying, Pills.

There are some ridiculous holidays. After July 4, Memorial Day should be the 2nd most sacred federal holiday.

But to say you are not fighting for your country is to elevate politics over the USA. (and I say this with utmost respect for your perspective, because I never served). There have been many servicemen who have believed whole-heartedly in the cause they were fighting for. Pat Tillman? Anybody who ever volunteered during wartime?

You are not just fighting for your country on that day. You are fighting to let other countries know not to EFF with the USA. I sometimes wonder how many wars did not start, because the other side did not want any of this.

Thank you, sir.

(as an aside, in my 40+ years on earth, I have come across a couple sayings that I always remember. One of the top sayings is the bumper sticker "If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Marine." That Marine, on that day in battle, was not thinking "I'm doing this so Maddenboy can live safe and free in 2014." But that's exactly what happened. And that's exactly what I'm thinking today)

Edited by maddenboy

It's always awkward when someone thanks me for my service on Memorial Day, I don't want to seem ungrateful of their gratitude but at the same time today is for the those who never made it back. If the situation allows it I will correct them but if it will only make it weirder I just say thank you.

I am grateful that I am a Veteran today, I have been given opportunities and benefits that the preceding generations could only dream of, hopefully the VA can step up and take care of those in need but other than that I can not complain. I am fortunate to only need minimal assistance from the VA so I am not impacted but I know of some guys with serious needs who are struggling. The most in need are the ones affected most.

Thank you all for the support, it means a lot.

I take this holiday very seriously too. Although I never served. (should have).

(I dont mean this in any negative way, but correct me if i'm wrong. Veteran's day is for those who served. Memorial Day is for those who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving).

Thank you all. Seriously.

You are correct.

It's a day of remembrance for fallen American soldiers .

My Father in law finally told his story to my son before he passed last year . Never told anyone else . i wont get into it but he was highly decorated and a POW in Korea .

Also have another hero in my life who was in Vietnam . He finally told me his experience. And showed me his decorations he never expected

God love you all.

My prayer , And for those who have passed may you each be at peace