Bills may not go Hollywood, but Mario goes Bollywood, buys team

+1, especially the IPL. Cricket after a century of playing 5 day games and over 30 years of 1-day cricket have figured out the formula that a 3hour game sells on TV. The IPL plays the T20 version of the game that runs for about 3 hours. It is far more exciting and action packed than baseball (for the T20) and some brilliant hitting and catching occurs. If you haven't seen IPL highlights you can check it out on YouTube.

I've tried watching it but I have no idea what's going on. It seems exciting though.

I've tried watching it but I have no idea what's going on. It seems exciting though.

Likewise. I even read up on the rules on the internet and still didn't get it. When I was on a cruise earlier this year, the Espn station in the Caribbean only played cricket, so I watched a little here and there. Seems interesting, but confusing.

Likewise. I even read up on the rules on the internet and still didn't get it. When I was on a cruise earlier this year, the Espn station in the Caribbean only played cricket, so I watched a little here and there. Seems interesting, but confusing.

Like how MLB was confusing to me about 25 years ago!

Had no idea American-style football was played in India.

Wiki says the stadium holds 20,000 people. I think probably 20,000 people watch a street accident in India.

Somehow I don't think this is a good investment. But it will be good for Mario if he travels to India and sees what life is like there for most people.

Football in the rest of the world = soccer, which is popular in India but not as popular as cricket.

I do wonder if that is the problem-- the rules between the two sports are so different that a MLB fan has a hard time understanding cricket and vice versa. Just things like outs and innings seem to be a lot different.

There are 7 guys from India training with me here in the US now. They are big cricket fans as most are there, but none have any interest in going to a baseball game while here. They find it too slow of a game to be enjoyable.

I do wonder if that is the problem-- the rules between the two sports are so different that a MLB fan has a hard time understanding cricket and vice versa. Just things like outs and innings seem to be a lot different.

I have a feeling that if I didn't know baseball, I might have an easier time understanding it. But I think I tried too much to compare the two games, but from what I gather, they both have a bat, and a ball, and that's where it ends

+1, especially the IPL. Cricket after a century of playing 5 day games and over 30 years of 1-day cricket have figured out the formula that a 3hour game sells on TV. The IPL plays the T20 version of the game that runs for about 3 hours. It is far more exciting and action packed than baseball (for the T20) and some brilliant hitting and catching occurs. If you haven't seen IPL highlights you can check it out on YouTube.

*blinks*

I have a feeling that if I didn't know baseball, I might have an easier time understanding it. But I think I tried too much to compare the two games, but from what I gather, they both have a bat, and a ball, and that's where it ends

And three stumps with two bails on each side of the wicket. I do agree that it hinders learning when you know something close too well. When I started watching baseball, I would do the same....try to relate it to something in cricket and it just never worked...

One of the interesting one was: In Baseball, when a hitter hits the ball, he throws his bat and runs...In Cricket, the player actually uses the bat to stretch himself to complete the run. When I played office softball, I would always run with the bat and get laughed at!

The T20 has really changed my views on cricket. To me the game was always about as exciting as watching grass grow(my views have never been popular where I live....Melbourne, Australia). T20 has basically taken out all of the boring stuff leaving a very eciting sport to watch.

I'm finding it difficult to undrrstand how people can't grasp the basic concepts of cricket after watching it for a few minutes. It's extraordinarily simple.....though like all sports it has a few intricacies to learn after the basics.

There are 7 guys from India training with me here in the US now. They are big cricket fans as most are there, but none have any interest in going to a baseball game while here. They find it too slow of a game to be enjoyable.

Can't cricket games (matches?) go on for days?

The T20 has really changed my views on cricket. To me the game was always about as exciting as watching grass grow(my views have never been popular where I live....Melbourne, Australia). T20 has basically taken out all of the boring stuff leaving a very eciting sport to watch.

I'm finding it difficult to undrrstand how people can't grasp the basic concepts of cricket after watching it for a few minutes. It's extraordinarily simple.....though like all sports it has a few intricacies to learn after the basics.

Cheerleaders?

Can't cricket games (matches?) go on for days?

Cheerleaders?

Yep.....5 days of boredom....and often no winner if it rains.

You'd think it would be the perfect environment for cheerleaders, but no, just the occassional seagull. The 3 hour T20 cricket has cheerleaders though. :thumbsup:

Yep.....5 days of boredom....and often no winner if it rains.

You'd think it would be the perfect environment for cheerleaders, but no, just the occassional seagull. The 3 hour T20 cricket has cheerleaders though. :thumbsup:

Yes I guess those 5 day test matches (I think they are called) can be brutal.