AFC East Winner or When will Brady decline?

He's on a decline, but what were his recievers like in the last 4 years? I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady play a bit better this season than last honestly.

This. I've never seen a QB do more with less. I'm an avid fantasy football player -- That's the only way I knew the names of New England's receivers last year. The casual NFL fan would struggle to name one (Amendola, Edelman, Thompkins and Dobson are hardly household names). With Gronk out most of the year and the losses of Welker and Hernandez -- It's sickening what the Pats were able accomplish. Few athletes in professional sports are able to make everybody around them better by simply being present. Michael Jordan did it. So does Brady, much as it pains me to write it. I just don't see evidence of a decline yet.

Edited by Felonious Monk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. I've never seen a QB do more with less. I'm an avid fantasy football player -- That's the only way I knew the names of New England's receivers last year. The casual NFL fan would struggle to name one (Amendola, Edelman, Thompkins and Dobson are hardly household names). With Gronk out most of the year and the losses of Welker and Hernandez -- It's sickening what the Pats were able accomplish. Few athletes in professional sports are able to make everybody around them better by simply being present. Michael Jordan did it. So does Brady, much as it pains me to write it. I just don't see evidence of a decline yet.

Agreed.

Though I agree(begrudgingly) that Brady is one of the best of all time, there is I think a legitimate question as to whether he has already started his decline.......or if his apparent decline is purely based upon the lesser talent surrounding him.

Here are his last 3 seasons in major statistical categories.

2011, 2012, 2013

Completion percentage:

65.6, 63.0, 60.5

YPG:

327, 302, 271

YPA:

8.6, 7.6, 6.9

TD percent:

6.4, 5.3, 4.0

QBR:

105.6, 98.7, 87.3

As one can easily see, there has been a regular and quite dramatic decline in all major categories. Support cast......or Brady declining? I'm thinking we will find out for sure this year.

I think this is the year things start to change. Both the bills and the jets really helped themselves in the draft and free agency and will be better on both sides of the ball. Both will have young qbs with a year of experience and the expectation to get better. The pats, imo ,did not have a great draft and besides revis, who may only be with them a year, did nothing in FA. Brady, as good as he's been will not got better but will decline as age takes him. I expect both the bills and jets and maybe the dolphins to at least win 1 game each against the pats this year and the pats doing no better then 10-6. Next year things will get worse and they go 8-8. Just my opinion. :D

Believe the order for me is Pats-Bills-Jets-Phins. Miami just isn't scary to me, they are very run of the mill in talent and will be learning a new offense this year plus a lot of that team is FA acquisitions (lol Knowshon Moreno) I think they struggle bad this year. Bills and NYJ are a toss up, NYJ will field a good D as always but I think if EJ progresses at all we end ahead of them.

NY just doesn't have anything on offense that can't be handled. CJ2k isn't what he used to be and the WR's are pedestrian, throw in a little Geno "magic" and boom! Absolutely nothing. I will say I do like the way Bilal Powell plays though.

I predict the Pats just secure the AFCE crown at 10-6, Brady's arm strength is declining and once that starts it just gets worse. He is a top 10 QB but not the terror he was.

This may sound weird but I wants the Bills to win the division with Brady still around. This way the Bills will earn respect big time.

The Pats run will end soon enough, all great runs do.

I agree 100 percent with you and DallasMac

As much as I dislike Brady, he has to be respected for his work ethic and conditioning. There's no way he would have lasted this long without both.

I think it's going to depend on his O-line. If they can keep his knock downs and sacks to a minimum, he'll continue to perform at a high level. But aging is a funny thing in the NFL. A player can go from a high performance level to decline very quickly. It's a long season and the hits on even a well-protected quarterback start to add up.

Billacheat says Tom Brady made him a better coach - cheating has given him the winning records over the years.

while I can see us loosing to Chicago & Denver - I say we sweep our division 6-0.

Once again I predict Brady gets injured this year and misses at least 4 games.

SI puts Buffalo a solid #4 in the division.

http://nfl.si.com/20...14-nfl-draft/2/

This guy too:

http://nflspinzone.c...wer-rankings/2/

I don't mind the disrespect we're getting one bit. I'd rather fly under the radar and shock the hell out of everyone.

Unlike any time in the past -- uh -- decade -- I feel we have the talent to win the division this year.

The Pats are no longer an elite team. But they're still savvy enough to put themselves in position to get the breaks to fall their way. Last year they won 12 games despite never being dominant like the other top tier NFL teams. If a few breaks go the other way, they only win 9 games. That luck will eventually run out. Hopefully it starts now.

They made the AFC Title game and basicly were 2 wins away from a Super Bowl ring... Jeah I wouldnt call that elite either... :bag::wallbash:

They made the AFC Title game and basicly were 2 wins away from a Super Bowl ring... Jeah I wouldnt call that elite either... :bag::wallbash:

2nd best in a weak conference. They're the best in the division until proven otherwise, but...they do have warts.

Id be shocked if Brady is anything but outstanding this year

When he no longer sees the outside rushers and loses his ability to time the throw just right.---to answer the second part of the question.

I can understand Buffalo, but San Diego whooped Cincy and went to the second round of the playoffs, but they're 17th overall? After not losing any players? Huh?

These SI guys get to the office at three in the morning and stay till nightfall torturing themselves--dissecting every possibility-- splitting every atom of information to provide for us a springtime NFL prediction.

God save them.

Can we just stop with the "Bills with Brady" dialog. That just turns my stomach. There is nothing that would make me happier than flat out defeating NE with their precious Brady. The final game we had against NE last year was a failure because our defense could not stop the run. Brady was under pressure the whole game and could not get anything going through the air. With an improved defense and a competent offense, the Bills knock NE off with ease.

It's coming. I can smell it.

Indeed, it's mindboggling that he'll very likely go down as perhaps the greatest QB ever given that for much of his career he wasn't gifted with very many highly skilled players to complement him. Had he been surrounded by HOF caliber receivers like Montana and Manning were, Brady likely would be setting QB records that might never be eclipsed.

Edited by Pneumonic