In ground Pool question

Gordio

Thanks for the laugh man. And it takes a man to admit that kind of mistake. Now pour yourself a beer, mix the wife a margarita or three and enjoy your long weekend!

You got it. I am getting out at noon today & plan on doing just that to kick off thelong weekend.

Okay I will admit I am too stupid to live. My brother in law comes over last night takes one look at it, goes in the house says the gas is not turned on going to the outside, turns it on & it fires up. It is weird because I thought I smelled a little gas before. I don't know, maybe it was just me farting. 25 years of boozing, my sense of judgement is not what it used to be.

Funny! Glad you got your pool up and running.

Okay I will admit I am too stupid to live. My brother in law comes over last night takes one look at it, goes in the house says the gas is not turned on going to the outside, turns it on & it fires up. It is weird because I thought I smelled a little gas before. I don't know, maybe it was just me farting. 25 years of boozing, my sense of judgement is not what it used to be.

WOW! I was going to ask that, but figured you had it covered... Why I asked and hinted about the shutoff. Probably why you smelled the gas that was left in the line past the shutoff. Residual gas that is, the gas control valve is a valve too... ;-)

Glad you have it worked out... Been a bit chilly! ;-) ;-)

Actually, your sense of judgement is good... Better be safe than sorry and having the valve in the closed position is safest!

Who shut the valve off last fall? May I ask? ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Funny! Glad you got your pool up and running.

Thanks. It is freezing here today but is supposed t get in the 70s starting tomorrow.

Exil -I believe I shut it off when I closed the pool. Figured it was the right/safe thing to do. Usually I don't think about things like that so maybe that is why I wss caught off guard.

Thanks. It is freezing here today but is supposed t get in the 70s starting tomorrow.

Exil -I believe I shut it off when I closed the pool. Figured it was the right/safe thing to do. Usually I don't think about things like that so maybe that is why I wss caught off guard.

LoL... I do crap like that! I have learned to put little tags on things like:

"No oil in mower." Lockout/tag out stuff too... Like: A/C off @ breaker. ;-)

That made me laugh...

Have a great weekend...

I have had spiders clog my gas lines in my grills many times. I would bet it is simply this.

Fun Fact: Jack Roush, of NASCAR fame heats his pool and keeps it open all year round with a temperature always above 80F.

#themoreyouknow

I have a friend whose brother tried that in Houston. Then winter came and he got a $6k gas bill. But hell, if I had Jack Rousch money I'd do it too.

Had some pool issues this weekend over at the in laws. The pool has been "open" for a couple weeks but they hadn't been running the heat pump due to another week of cold weather. Last week started trending warmer so they fired it back up. This weekend was going to be the first major usage of the pool this season and of course in impeccable timing, the pool pump craps out.

We open up the strainer basket and find a random screw with a knob on it. Not a good sign. Anyways, by some miracle a guy from their local pool place was able to come by. We get the pump apart and find out the screw was the one that holds the impeller in place. Of course it had gotten into the impeller and ruined it.

Luckily this particular pool was very "overbuilt" and they actually have a second pump solely to run a slide and some jets. Luckily the pumps are almost identical and within an hour or so, the pumps had been swapped out and the filter and heat pump were back up and running. No slide until a new impeller comes in but pool is about 84!

I have a friend whose brother tried that in Houston. Then winter came and he got a $6k gas bill. But hell, if I had Jack Rousch money I'd do it too.

he should be gassed. Not for being so stupid with the gas bill but for living in Houston