Predict the 2014 OROY and DROY

Kiko

Kiko

If it can't be Kiko, then

OROY: Odell Beckham - a little more "pro-ready" than our guy with a better QB...will benefit from 1 on 1 coverage as cruz will draw the double teams.

DROY: Mack. Clowney and Watts are a downright fukng nightmare tandem for OC's but....Mack will singlehandedly elevate that defense like Von Miller did in Den.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disagree. brees gets his favorites and forces it often too. graham was getting balls lobbed to him in triple coverage while limping at times last year, and sproles was another that was occasionally forced. i think SP will call plays for his new toy often, and i think brees will look for him often unless something happens.

toon and meachem have nearly no value in the discussion really. they combined for like 20 catches last year. they will see the field occassionally but the top 3 will be cooks, colston, and stills (and obviously graham) and itll be a big gap to 4.

Off-topic, but I think the Saints had a tremendous draft overall.Love the pick of Stanely Jean-Baptiste to match up with the big WRs in TB, Benjamin in Carolina, and Julio Jones/Roddy White. I also think Cooks is the real deal, many teams were very high on him I think he will thrive in the NO offense. Also a high character kid, will work well with Brees. Also Vinnie Sunseri I think is a steal, not sure how much PT he will get with Byrd and Vaccarro but NO's picks just seem like a great fit for their team and division. Their secondary will be amazing also considering they added Champ Bailey, although on the downside of his career he can still play.

OROY - Cody Latimer (he will be a solid red zone target for Manning)

DROY - Aaron Donald (he is going to put up huge #'s in St. Louis...with Quinn and Long teams will not be able to double him.)

good choices but I'm going Blake Bortles for offense, I'd go Johnny but he doesn't have any weapons.

OROY: Sammy Watkins is gonna take the NFL by storm. When the season is over, the Texans, Rams and Jaguars are all gonna say: "Fu.k, why did we pass on him...."

DROY: Aaron Donald, he is going to be a beast.

OROY: Sammy Watkins is gonna take the NFL by storm. When the season is over, the Texans, Rams and Jaguars are all gonna say: "Fu.k, why did we pass on him...."

DROY: Aaron Donald, he is going to be a beast.

and Browns, as they stare at Miles "hammy" Austin and Earl Bennett trying to stretch the field. Edited by YoloinOhio

Johnny Manziel, Sammy Watkins leading candidates for Offensive Rookie of Year

Curious about the evolution of offense in the NFL? Look no further than the Offensive Rookie of the Year award, which has mimicked the changes ongoing throughout the league.

From the first vote in 1967 through 2002, running backs took home the award 29 times. Wide receivers won it six times in that span. Just one quarterback, Buffalo’s Dennis Shaw, walked off in triumph. Momentum began to shift toward the passing game with Anquan Boldin’s 2003 victory, then Ben Roethlisberger earned the nod in 2004.

Quarterbacks have now won six of the past 11 ROYs, compared to three running backs — including Green Bay’s Eddie Lacy last season. As the league has become more pass-happy, it’s become harder and harder to accomplish what Lacy just did.

Will his win swing the pendulum toward the ground game again? Don’t bet on it.

Here are the newcomers with the best chances of taking home the 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year:

Cooks stands the best chance for OROY, he will likely be 1v1 with some poor CB and is going to terrorize in the slot.

Runner Ups

Sammy Watkins think he breaks 1000yds and has a fair share of TDs.

Bridgewater is a dark horse to me. Best rookie QB out of this class

Bishop Sankey just a gut feeling.

DROY most likely belongs to Clowney don't think I need to mention the Texans D-Line, ESPN has done enough of that.

Runner Ups

Jimmie Ward, SF will have a great year and with how studded the front 7 is he will have an opportunity to make plays

Aaron Donald STL, great interior pass rusher has though short arms im not fond of, but he will put up sacks.

Will Sutton CHI, my 2nd dark horse pick. think he's a match in heaven for da bears.

He doesn't NEED to sit and you have no clue if he (or any other player) is ready, time will tell.

He's definitely not ready because he's a project QB with good potential. It is indeed you, above all others on TSW, who has proven on multiple occasions that you have no clue about NFL quarterbacking as evidenced by your advocacy for Skelton, Tebow, Landry Jones, etc. When it comes to who is an NFL caliber QB, you have ZERO credibility.

If Byrd and Kiko taught us anything, it is that a Bill will not win ROY awards no matter how good of #s they have.

OROY-Beckham. Even though Watkins will have better numbers.

DROY-Mosley. His numbers will be less then Kiko's were this year.

He's definitely not ready because he's a project QB with good potential. It is indeed you, above all others on TSW, who has proven on multiple occasions that you have no clue about NFL quarterbacking as evidenced by your advocacy for Skelton, Tebow, Landry Jones, etc. When it comes to who is an NFL caliber QB, you have ZERO credibility.

EJ was a project and he ended up starting. You never know what will happen. I hear those workout mats can sneak up on veteran QB's.

Also, you can rag on other posters and BB if it's good natured. This clearly isn't, I'd advise against your "I decide who's opinion matters!" tirade. Not only is it sad, but it makes you look like a real ass.

Edited by FireChan

• 2 weeks later...