Should Buffalo take a flyer on Tom Savage (QB - Pitt) in Rd 4

dubs

At this point in the draft, Round 4 and beyond, I think it's a good time to take a QB. The jury is still out on EJ and now that we've traded our number one away next year, a little insurance might not be a bad idea.

Watched a little bit of Tom Savage from Pitts highlights, kid has a rocket arm. Maybe a diamond in the rough.

Edited by dubs

I think a QB flier in the 4th makes sense, Think our Kirk Cousins.

I just went thru the best available per category, QB has the best talent available right now.

2nd choice is a CB,

3rd choice another OT

At this point in the draft, Round 4 and beyond, I think it's a good time to take a QB. The jury is still out on EJ and now that we've traded our number one away next year, a little insurance might not be a bad idea.

Watched a little bit of Tom Savage from Pitts highlights, kid has a rocket arm. Maybe a diamond in the rough.

No question a LOT of Bills fans feel the jury is still out on EJ...

But I find it interesting that some folks are ignoring the fact that the Bills as an organization have completely refuted that argument through not only their words...but their actions by adding the Williams' at WR and LG, and Drafting Watkins along with Kouandjio...If the Bills take a QB I'll be really surprised...Not because I believe so strongly in EJ's ability to be great...But because the Bills have been steadfast in their claim that EJ is the man and that's all there is to that...And I don't think they want to do anything to confuse the QB situation this coming year...They want to hand EJ the keys and hope for the best while continuing to develop Thad Lewis and Tuel behind him...I don't think they want to show even the slightest hint of doubt in EJ...And Drafting a QB...later round flyer or not...will add fuel to the doubt...I just don't think they want anything to do with that kind of thing this year...And they have made up their minds... B-)

They are not developing Thad Lewis or Tuel time.

Taking another QB does not mean they are not committed to EJ this year.

If Savage or Murray lights it up in pre-season against a bunch of soon to be out of work training camp fodder then maybe he nets you a higher pick next year. What if they hit on something magical with a mid round QB? I would rather they draft a guy in the fourth than wait until the 7th or free agency.

They are not going to find their starting DE in round four. Best they can hope for now is special teams, an interior lineman to develop, and a flier on a QB that could be special.

They are not developing Thad Lewis or Tuel time.

Taking another QB does not mean they are not committed to EJ this year.

If Savage or Murray lights it up in pre-season against a bunch of soon to be out of work training camp fodder then maybe he nets you a higher pick next year. What if they hit on something magical with a mid round QB? I would rather they draft a guy in the fourth than wait until the 7th or free agency.

They are not going to find their starting DE in round four. Best they can hope for now is special teams, an interior lineman to develop, and a flier on a QB that could be special.

The Bills need to push E.J. they can't coddle and pussify him. At the very least they need to bring in a vet to teach him.

They're not developing Tuel and Lewis? What makes you say that? Tuel is 23 and Lewis is 26...The can still get better...Though I'm not predicting anything of the sort...But it is possible...Stranger things have happened...They're still on the roster right now...I think that is the current plan until it changes...

We'll see soon enough...

Like I said before...You can argue what they should do until the cows come home...And you may very well be right...There is absolutely no question that EJ has not proven he's going to be great in this league...But up to this point they have shown zero interest in bringing in another QB...And I mean zero as in 0.00...No Free Agent visits...Not even a token vet back-up...No pre-Draft visits...Not a single one...Everything...and I mean everything...they have done has shown they are disinterested in bringing in another QB...They've yet to show interest in simply bringing in a QB to challenge their back-ups let alone EJ...

They have 4 more picks tomorrow... We'll see what happens... But my guess is they don't take a QB, and we have a hundred million posts over the next few months about who they should have taken in the 4th-7th rounds...

And again...I'm not saying they should not take a QB...I really like McCarron and have for years now, and I think Savage may develop as well...I just don't think they will take a QB because I don't think they want to in the least... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Definitely if either McCarron or Savage are there we should grab one of them.

EJ needs someone with starter potential to push him, and make it clear the position is not his to own. Right now we have Tuel (who shouldn't be on any NFL roster), and Lewis who is defined as a backup.

If EJ were in this draft he'd be ranked in the same category as McCarron and Savage.

Right now, we have no backup plan at starter whatsoever ... we're "all-in" on a guy who's proven nothing and wasn't that highly ranked coming out.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Definitely if either McCarron or Savage are there we should grab one of them.

EJ needs someone with starter potential to push him, and make it clear the position is not his to own. Right now we have Tuel (who shouldn't be on any NFL roster), and Lewis who is defined as a backup.

If EJ were in this draft he'd be ranked in the same category as McCarron and Savage.

Right now, we have no backup plan at starter whatsoever ... we're "all-in" on a guy who's proven nothing and wasn't that highly ranked coming out.

If "we're" is Bills fans then I would say it's 50/50 at best Joe...There are plenty who don't believe in EJ...I'm on the fence myself...But if "we're" is the Bills FO I think it's 100%...I think they've made that abundantly clear...That's all I'm trying to say... B-)

If "we're" is Bills fans then I would say it's 50/50 at best Joe...There are plenty who don't believe in EJ...I'm on the fence myself...But if "we're" is the Bills FO I think it's 100%...I think they've made that abundantly clear...That's all I'm trying to say... B-)

I understand what you're saying, but I understood the thread to be about what should we do, rather than what will we do.

Thus far I really like everything the new regime has done except being "all-in" on EJ. If I were a betting man I too would say they pass on QB this draft, but you never know they've been very mathematical in their approach thus far, maybe that leads them to determine they need a backup plan for EJ.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

In the first few rounds you take the BPA at a few positions of need (but you still don't force it.). In the later rounds you simply take the BPA. If that's a QB then grab him.

EJ is pussified. He will probably have another three operations this year and everyone will still think he hasn't had a chance. They wont take a QB in the draft because any QB left in the draft would outplay EJ, period.

I just say it because I watched all of Sammy's youtube highlights after the pick and the price is right (expected to last til the 7th or even FA) and he has some of the same qualities of Thad but is bigger a better runner and already has chemistry with Sammy, so I go with Taj Boyd, late or after the draft. Not the most accurate guy but he can loft and run and is a leader. JMO