WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

It's complicated. As I understand it, the pick to Phil will ultimately be the Bills 4th rounder in 2015 or the Bills 3rd rounder in 2016. It is dependent upon,first, production threshholds met by Stevie in SF... if he meets those, then it will depend on BB's production threshholds in Bflo.

I see. I would think that since the Bills don't have a 4th rounder next year, if Stevie nets only the 4th rounder, the Eagles get it, but if he nets a 3rd, the Eagles get the Bills' 3rd rounder in 2016.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo' specifics are wrong. Especially considering the Browns already have our 2015 4th.

The conditions, as far as I know, are based on the following:

-it's the 49ers 2015 4th if Stevie doesn't do enough to make it a 3rd.

-if Stevie makes it a 3rd then it becomes a 4th/3rd from Buffalo in 2016 depending on Bryce Brown's performance.

I see. I would think that since the Bills don't have a 4th rounder next year, if Stevie nets only the 4th rounder, the Eagles get it, but if he nets a 3rd, the Eagles get the Bills' 3rd rounder in 2016.

Yes - right it is SF's pick next year since don't have one. However, it is dependent on both Stevie's production and BB's production. Stevie must hit his first, then BB's comes into play. If they both hit, it is the Bills 3rd in 2016.

see ? it is complicated kinda Doc . Glad these fellows YLO and SBU are trying to explain it as both gentle men are wiser than me.

i just guessed/knew that they can be tied to each other and Whaley might have considered one when considering the other for values exchanged .

hence the wash , or nearly so .

Yes. It's so the Bills don't lose a #3 next year because we don't have a first. If it's a Bills #3 next year, we keep it, and the 3 goes to the next year.

OK - here it is explained, and it is even more complicated that I thought:

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia · May 10

The Bryce Brown trade explained for Bills

see ? it is complicated kinda Doc . Glad these fellows YLO and SBU are trying to explain it as both gentle men are wiser than me.

i just guessed/knew that they can be tied to each other and Whaley might have considered one when considering the other for values exchanged .

hence the wash , or nearly so .

Not me - I was way off. See the link above, it breaks it all down!

Yes - right it is SF's pick next year since don't have one. However, it is dependent on both Stevie's production and BB's production. Stevie must hit his first, then BB's comes into play. If they both hit, it is the Bills 3rd in 2016.

If Stevie hits but Bryce doesn't then it's a 2016 4th from Buffalo.

Basically, the Bills should hope that Stevie doesn't do well in 2014, because I doubt Brown will have much opportunity to put up numbers that will move it to a third round pick. That way the pick is gone from San Fran, which will be a low fourth anyways, and you can have Bryce Brown play well in 2015 without worrying about it costing you a higher selection.

Edited by SBUffalo

So basically (besides the swap of 7th rounders which doesn't change), if neither produces in 2014, the Eagles get the Bills' 2015 4th rounder. If Stevie produces in 2014, the Eagles get nothing in 2015, and then it's a matter of whether Bryce produces in 2014 or 2015, in which case the Eagles get Bills' 2016 3rd rounder, or not, in which case they get the Bills' 2016 4th rounder. Not so hard. ;)

If Stevie hits but Bryce doesn't then it's a 2016 4th from Buffalo.

Basically, the Bills should hope that Stevie doesn't do well in 2014, because I doubt Brown will have much opportunity to put up numbers that will move it to a third round pick. That way the pick is gone from San Fran, which will be a low fourth anyways, and you can have Bryce Brown play well in 2015 without worrying about it costing you a higher selection.

No. You want Stevie to do well in 2014 and Bryce to not do well in either 2014 or 2015. That way the Bills get an extra 3rd in 2015 and still lose just a 4th in 2016.

No. You want Stevie to do well in 2014 and Bryce to not do well in either 2014 or 2015. That way the Bills get an extra 3rd in 2015 and still lose just a 4th in 2016.

Disagreed. I'd rather have Brown perform well... Worry about the players you have and not a future pick.

Disagreed. I'd rather have Brown perform well... Worry about the players you have and not a future pick.

If he were being counted on to be the top 1 or 2 RB's, sure. But CJ and Freddie will get the lion's share of the carries unless one of them falters or is gone. And Bryce can still be effective but not reach his production numbers.

If he were being counted on to be the top 1 or 2 RB's, sure. But CJ and Freddie will get the lion's share of the carries unless one of them falters or is gone. And Bryce can still be effective but not reach his production numbers.

In 2015 he likely will be counted on as the one or two...

Chances are he'll be at least a two then. Doubtful that they bring back CJ and Freddy.

CJ's signed through 2015. But Fred's a FA after the year and I agree likely won't be re-signed unless he has a good year and signs cheap. I guess I could live with giving up a 3rd in 2016 if Stevie does well this coming season.