Pot and sports

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our starting DL being arrested for pot the Bills are looking at being damaged by pot yet again. We lost Marshawn because of pot don't forget. Dareus seems to be on the wrong road with pot.

I have to say that I get it to a degree. These guys grew up around pot and there is still probably a lot of peer pressure.

What I don't get is why middle class and rich kids get into it and basically ruin their own lives. We can argue about liberal and conservative, rich and poor, black and white, city and suburbs all we want but wherever you are from, pot makes your chances for success lower.

A great example of this is Michael Phelps. He works his whole life and earns about 85 gold medals for swimming. He is a big celebrity and basically has the entire world at his disposal.....then.....pot. He gets into pots, ruins his own reputation, in all probability keeps smoking because he developed the delusional pot mindset that it can't be the pot that is the problem, it is everything else.

Now he is back swimming. Why? Love of competition, breaking more records? I doubt it. He already accomplished more than anyone in history before he started in with the doobage. My guess is that his pot induced view of reality rendered him useless to the business world whether it was endorsements or anything else. Now he is back to the pool, where his reputation can only decline, not increase. Do you think he'll realize pot caused the decline? I don't.

That poor Phelps kid will never amount to anything.....lol

For all we know, it could have helped them train harder.

Or think they were training harder.

Randy Moss was elite

Lincecum was unhittable and has rings

Melo is awesome

Marshawn is awesome w rings

What more could they have done ?

How do you know that they reached their full potential?

Well, how about you tell me how you know if any person has reached their full potential and then we can go from there

You know when things wind down for the day I ponder things like if Ricky Williams could have had a better and longer career. I simply asked a question, one that you obviously can't or don't want to answer. So tell me, does pot help someone reach their full potential?

How do you know they didn't?

I'm not claiming that I do. This is a forum where people come to discuss ideas, not a place where you should just simply take a position and then blindly try to defend it. If you were formally debating someone at university it would be ok to be handed a position to debate and try to defend it, because the whole purpose of the debate is to improve your debating skills. This place isn't designed that way so let's discuss it without digging our heels in.

Or think they were training harder.How do you know that they reached their full potential?

A lot more, if they weren't stoned.

Quit being idiots, I wonder how many complete games Lincecum pitched while baked.

Marshawn and Moss couldn't have been better than the elite players they were. Melo is the man and is a mensch.

You know when things wind down for the day I ponder things like if Ricky Williams could have had a better and longer career. I simply asked a question, one that you obviously can't or don't want to answer. So tell me, does pot help someone reach their full potential?

I wasn't trying to be difficult. It was a serious question. How can a person judge whether another has 'reached their full potential' unless it is clear how you judge whether anyone has reached their full potential? What are your criteria?

Are you speaking just about their potential in their sport or in their entire life? OJ, did he reach his full potential or did he blow it? Many geniuses, whether science, music, business, etc have left a string of broken homes and children strewn about. Have they reached their full potential?

The question is not really able to be discussed unless you first tell us how you measure 'reaching full potential'.