Players to watch for in the later rounds

Small sample size, but he looked pretty good. What round do you think?

3rd or later. He doesn't quite have the athleticism of some of those projected to go earlier but he has great technique and versatility and anchored a very strong OL that has no other notable players. He was the best by far. The center, Corey Linsely, could be a late rounder for UDFA.

Chris Borland, the linebacker out of Wiscy can play. Would be good value in the 3rd would be great value.

Jaylen Watkins CB from Florida. Some off the field red flags, but I saw him shut down some good WRs in the SEC and he is willing against the run.

My favorite quarterback in the later rounds is Aaron Murray. Another SEC guy. Kid is tough as nails and seemed to be capable of making all the throws against the best competition in the country. Good leader. Not ideal size, but bigger than a lot of guys who have been very successful in this league.

... God I can't wait til tomorrow. Or the weekend picks. If we somehow get Sammy Watkins, the rest is going to be gravy for me, though.

3rd or later. He doesn't quite have the athleticism of some of those projected to go earlier but he has great technique and versatility and anchored a very strong OL that has no other notable players. He was the best by far. The center, Corey Linsely, could be a late rounder for UDFA.

I agree on Mewhort. Another possibility is Billy Turner, maybe in that 3rd-4th Round range. This is exactly why I don't want an OT at 9. There will be other good options in the 2nd and beyond. Ja'Wuan James and Tiny Richardson to name two. Seantrel Henderson has 1st Round talent but will fall due to his drug issue and could be a good option, if you're willing to take the risk.

Chris Borland, the linebacker out of Wiscy can play. Would be good value in the 3rd would be great value.

Jaylen Watkins CB from Florida. Some off the field red flags, but I saw him shut down some good WRs in the SEC and he is willing against the run.

My favorite quarterback in the later rounds is Aaron Murray. Another SEC guy. Kid is tough as nails and seemed to be capable of making all the throws against the best competition in the country. Good leader. Not ideal size, but bigger than a lot of guys who have been very successful in this league.

... God I can't wait til tomorrow. Or the weekend picks. If we somehow get Sammy Watkins, the rest is going to be gravy for me, though.

I like Murray, as well, and stated in another thread that I'd like him in the 5th. And I agree about tomorrow...can't get here fast enough.