Don't be shocked to see Mack go #1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a feeling that Mack will be just an average player. Everyone talks about the Ohio St game, which was great but I watched three of his games against teams in the MAC and he was invisible. Now that isn't enough games to fully judge a player but until he proves it in the NFL I'm skeptical.

He was my pick as this year's bust in another thread several weeks ago. Hope I'm wrong.

Aundray Bruce 1988. How did that work out?

Oh, and the time before that? 1979, Tom Cousineau to the...Buffalo Bills.

And that couldn't have worked out any better.

GO BILLS!!!

Just answered the question guy. Said nothing about Mack or it's relevance to taking him #1.

Actually, you didn't "just" answer the question. The last time was Aubray Bruce, and you got the one before that as well (which was not the question). You left out the only other two for complete history which would be Tommy Nobis in 1966 and HOF'er Chuck Bednarik in 1949. So one HOF player out of 4.

I got a feeling that Mack will be just an average player. Everyone talks about the Ohio St game, which was great but I watched three of his games against teams in the MAC and he was invisible. Now that isn't enough games to fully judge a player but until he proves it in the NFL I'm skeptical.

invisible because teams double/ triple teamed him and never ran to his side. ohio state didn't do this because they under estimated him and over estimated their tackle play. learn how to football man

OK here is why Khalil Mack is in the conversation to go #1 overall. He was rarely if ever held in check when he was single blocked. And it is highly doubtful he will be facing many double-teams out of the gate as an LB in the NFL.

He is a size/speed nightmare at LB the way a Mario Williams or a Jason Pierre-Paul is at DE. Ohio State did not pay much attention to him in last year’s opener, and he nearly destroyed them all by himself. And in the last few weeks, as people do their research on the kid from UB, what game tape do you think they look at?

People who say “he disappeared” in the Bowling Green or SD State games might not have even watched the games … because those teams paid a ton of attention to #46. Anthony Becht did the color commentary for the Bowling Green game, and obviously heard all the hype going into the game. Now, here is a guy who made his living trying to block guys like Mack … and Becht raved about his instincts and what he was seeing from #46. In the bowl game, SD State often had a TE chip him & kept an extra back in to handle him on nearly every pass play, as well as some run plays.

The dude has more tackles for loss than anyone in college football history. And he has also owns the record for most forced fumbles in college football history. So it’s safe to say he has the knack for playing the run and the pass, and has proven he can get off blocks to make plays. He is one of the safest picks in this draft. I think the Texans will take him if they keep the pick.

OK here is why Khalil Mack is in the conversation to go #1 overall. He was rarely if ever held in check when he was single blocked. And it is highly doubtful he will be facing many double-teams out of the gate as an LB in the NFL.

He is a size/speed nightmare at LB the way a Mario Williams or a Jason Pierre-Paul is at DE. Ohio State did not pay much attention to him in last year’s opener, and he nearly destroyed them all by himself. And in the last few weeks, as people do their research on the kid from UB, what game tape do you think they look at?

People who say “he disappeared” in the Bowling Green or SD State games might not have even watched the games … because those teams paid a ton of attention to #46. Anthony Becht did the color commentary for the Bowling Green game, and obviously heard all the hype going into the game. Now, here is a guy who made his living trying to block guys like Mack … and Becht raved about his instincts and what he was seeing from #46. In the bowl game, SD State often had a TE chip him & kept an extra back in to handle him on nearly every pass play, as well as some run plays.

The dude has more tackles for loss than anyone in college football history. And he has also owns the record for most forced fumbles in college football history. So it’s safe to say he has the knack for playing the run and the pass, and has proven he can get off blocks to make plays. He is one of the safest picks in this draft. I think the Texans will take him if they keep the pick.

I can't stress this enough: You're trying to reason with the guy who wanted to trade Mario Williams for John Skelton.

Aha, thanks for the sense check. I think it’s also quite obvious that I happen to be a UB alum who is just pumped that Mack will certainly go in the top 5 picks.

Sure, but you still have some basis for your argument. It's like when I checked in with another team's message board and some guy tried to argue with me, informing me that Stevie Johnson was the Bills' best player.

Sure, but you still have some basis for your argument. It's like when I checked in with another team's message board and some guy tried to argue with me, informing me that Stevie Johnson was the Bills' best player.

I get the sense that Marrone has lost sleep at night trying to figure out the drumbeat that Stevie or Marcel would march to, and I don’t think one exists.

Thus, Mike Williams is here. And what else could possibly explain #99 going the synthetic route?