Lybob's final draft

1. Anthony Barr 6,5 255lbs OLB/DE - RDE is a big need and great pass rushers don't grow on trees, Anthony Barr can contribute right away rotating with Jerry Hughes this year and has the frame to carry 270 lbs and be a pure RDE in a year or two

2. Austin Seferin-Jenkins 6,5 265lbs TE- best hands, best catch radius, 2nd best speed, 2nd best blocker, overall my favorite TE

3. Billy Turner 6,5 315lbs OT- I think the Bills can upgrade RT in the 3rd round and would love Billy Turner, a small school guy who did not look out of place at the senior bowl or combine- I like the fact that he's not satisfied blocking one guy and tries to hit as many as possible

4. Walt Aikens 6,1 203lbs CB- I think the Bills would really like one more CB with size

5. Antone Exum 6,0 213lbs CB- the CB to safety experiment with Aaron Williams went well so Bills might try again

7. James Wilder 6,3 232lbs RB- power back and very good special teams player who like many 7th rounders also has a lot of flaws- played with Manuel at Florida State

Warning: This board is VERY sensitive towards 1st rd. LB/DE project picks......especially if it involves bulking up said project pick.

Anthony Barr is not Aaron Maybin - Aaron Maybin was finishing his college season at 225lbs, Barr played at 255lbs I prefer to think of him as a more athletic Chandler Jones who came out around 247lbs and is now in the 265-270lbs range.

Anthony Barr is not Aaron Maybin - Aaron Maybin was finishing his college season at 225lbs, Barr played at 255lbs I prefer to think of him as a more athletic Chandler Jones who came out around 247lbs and is now in the 265-270lbs range.

i have no idea about this guy really. i have heard he is really raw and has not played much football. is it possible that barr could be had in a trade down scenario? something about more picks just really appeals to me. especially if they want to swing on a player that has more upside than developed skill.

Nice job but I really think Troy Niklas is the best TE in the draft and the Bills will regret not taking him if he is there

CBF

regardless of what the bills do in round one, this is the guy i want in the second. that is why i want no part of a trade up. and i am feeling a bit greedy, so i would love to see a trade down where they can get niklas and "player x" in the second.

regardless of what the bills do in round one, this is the guy i want in the second. that is why i want no part of a trade up. and i am feeling a bit greedy, so i would love to see a trade down where they can get niklas and "player x" in the second.

You and me both my friend

CBF

I like Barr but NOT at 9 no way jose. I don't like anyone at 9 frankly and we should move out of that spot. That said if we do not, then Ebron or Lewan, and my surprise pick that will certainly move up especially if there's a run on OT's is Laruant Tardiff kid out of McGill University in Canada. In my opinion the meanest cat in the draft. Most have him projected as a 4, 5th round guy, but I think that's a smoke screen for most clubs. I think to get him you might even have to go into the late second round. I do like the idea of a RB later, but no corner backs please. IMO those would be wasted picks. Instead I like the kid Colt Lyerla at TE maybe in the 5th, 7th if he's still there.

Tim-

i have no idea about this guy really. i have heard he is really raw and has not played much football. is it possible that barr could be had in a trade down scenario? something about more picks just really appeals to me. especially if they want to swing on a player that has more upside than developed skill.

Its not a lack of Football experience, its after his freshman year he moved from RB (yes a 6'5" RB) to OLB...what's amazing is he has played the position for only 2 years.

2. Austin Seferin-Jenkins 6,5 265lbs TE- best hands, best catch radius, 2nd best speed, 2nd best blocker, overall my favorite TE

2nd best speed? I've not seen a 40 time

ABB. (Anyone But Barr) He is Maybin 2.0. One trick pony with just an "around the tackle" speed rush. NFL OT's will push him around. He's not good against the run and can't set the edge. He will end up over running plays and be 10 yards downfield while the QB is in the pocket. Please not again!

Its not a lack of Football experience, its after his freshman year he moved from RB (yes a 6'5" RB) to OLB...what's amazing is he has played the position for only 2 years.

2nd best speed? I've not seen a 40 time

Niklas is the same height as Gronk and weighs 12 lbs more than him and STILL runs the same 40 time as him.

PLEASE DRAFT TROY NIKLAS!!!!!!

CBF

1. Anthony Barr 6,5 255lbs OLB/DE - RDE is a big need and great pass rushers don't grow on trees, Anthony Barr can contribute right away rotating with Jerry Hughes this year and has the frame to carry 270 lbs and be a pure RDE in a year or two

Um, no. Barr cannot contribute right away, he is probably the most raw of all the 1st round prospects at any position. Right now, he could probably only handle a role like Hughes has, and Hughes is better at it right now. Barr would need at least a year before he's ready to contribute, and that's not what we need.

A team like the Pats/49ers/Seahawks could go for him & have time to develop him, but not the Bills. If we draft a guy "to rotate with Hughes" at #9 overall, I'll be irate.

Niklas is the same height as Gronk and weighs 12 lbs more than him and STILL runs the same 40 time as him.

PLEASE DRAFT TROY NIKLAS!!!!!!

CBF

i actually told a guy today that i don't care what the bills do in the first as long as they take this guy in the second. i don't know what would be worse, watching him get drafted by another team or getting what i want and finding out he is not nearly as good as i have built him up to be in my mind.

i actually told a guy today that i don't care what the bills do in the first as long as they take this guy in the second. i don't know what would be worse, watching him get drafted by another team or getting what i want and finding out he is not nearly as good as i have built him up to be in my mind.

Dont worry. He will be better than you and I think

CBF

Actually, Maybin was 236 at Penn State and somehow weighed in at 249 at the combine... Both players are undersized for DE, but if they both were in this draft (and Maybin wasn't already proven a bust) is prefer Barr due to his upside... Neither are/were worthy of a top half of the draft position, but Barr could drastically out play his draft position (if drafted in or after the second half of round 1).... Of course virtually every player could...

This 1000 times over. If we can trade back and pick up an extra second like last year I'd be happy. Some combination of OT, TE, DE, CB with the first 4 picks in this scenario would work for me.

Maybe...

1 Zach Martin

2a Troy Niklas

2b Scott Chrichton (if he lasts) or Kareem Martin

3 Bashaud Breeland

This 1000 times over. If we can trade back and pick up an extra second like last year I'd be happy. Some combination of OT, TE, DE, CB with the first 4 picks in this scenario would work for me.

Maybe...

1 Zach Martin

2a Troy Niklas

2b Scott Chrichton (if he lasts) or Kareem Martin

3 Bashaud Breeland

i think this could cause me to drink and swear at loud volumes for good reasons.