Greg Robinson....is he this year's Mike Williams?

Everybody trashes the Bills for their choice of Mike Williams, but at the time it was heralded as a great pick. Good character, great athlete. Needed polish.

Well, Greg Robinson strikes me as similar in that he needs polish on his pass blocking technique. He's a monster, plows people over. He's like an offensive lineman's version of Leif Larson. Well, that was a cheap shot.

If I were going OL in this draft, I would take Matthews first, Lewan second, Notre Dame guy third, Cyrus fourth.

Not in a million years. Robinson plays with a nasty streak that Mike Williams' personality couldn't lend itself to. Plus, he's twice the athlete as well, way more explosive.

GO BILLS!!!

Not in a million years. Robinson plays with a nasty streak that Mike Williams' personality couldn't lend itself to. Plus, he's twice the athlete as well, way more explosive.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, I love Robinson's attitude as well. My opinion of Mike Williams is he didn't love football. He just was good at it & it could earn him a good life.

Everybody trashes the Bills for their choice of Mike Williams, but at the time it was heralded as a great pick. Good character, great athlete. Needed polish.

Well, Greg Robinson strikes me as similar in that he needs polish on his pass blocking technique. He's a monster, plows people over. He's like an offensive lineman's version of Leif Larson. Well, that was a cheap shot.

If I were going OL in this draft, I would take Matthews first, Lewan second, Notre Dame guy third, Cyrus fourth.

Not even close. Robinson is an athlete; Williams was, to quote Modrak, a "dancing bear" (a slow-footed but naturally huge mauler). Williams couldn't keep up with the speed of nfl players. Robinson ran a 4.9 40, the second fastest 40 of all linemen this year.

Yeah, I love Robinson's attitude as well. My opinion of Mike Williams is he didn't love football. He just was good at it & it could earn him a good life.

Williams didn't love football because he realized pretty quickly that he wasn't good enough -- i.e., he was just too slow. I can sympathize -- it's demoralizing.

GO BILLS!!!

:thumbsup:

Thank you...I felt a brain hemorrhage coming on when I read the thread title... :lol:

The guy on NFL Channel says he could be next Walter Jones. That'd be good. Of course there is and will only be one Walter Jones.

I think by the time it's all said and done there will be only one Greg Robinson as well...

Not counting the crappy coach of course... ;)

No Greg Robinson isn't Mike Williams but in my opinion he is not the overwhelming #1 tackle, Robinson crushes people 90% of the time and 10% of time is beaten with speed, blocks the wrong person or gets a penalty, Jake Mathews doesn't crush people but takes his person out of the play about 99.5% of the time - so it really depends on what you want