Massare's Mock Draft (from sources)

I remember this guy, the problem is all of the free agent "news" he broke was already circulating on Twitter by the time he posted them. He's a tweet-hounder/compiler. I can't speak on him breaking any ownership news but I distinctly remember the news with Spikes already making rounds along with Dareus option already hitting the wire.

I actually believe the Bills do view Zach Martin favorably but I just dont see him being the pick at #9. He's a trade down option at the very best.

It seemed to me he was throwing it out there before I saw it elsewhere. For example, he was reporting some info on Byrd's situation with his contract situation that is the same as what I heard from my contact outside the team after the fact. While the Byrd stuff was going on, he was saying that Spikes was not an option unless Byrd didn't sign here for money reasons. Once that played out, he said to expect that to happen. I also found the Pepper Johnson hiring to be a surprise but he was talking about it weeks beforehand and I thought it just speculation. Again, i don't follow everyone in the world on Twitter so maybe I missed it and he was just picking up what others said. FWIW he is saying that they are working on an extension for Hughes. Someone said they saw that on Rotoworld too so he could have just gotten it there. Who knows.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, Massare comes across as a total d-bag but his stuff is solid. I believe all of these to be options but I don't know how realistic some of them are. I do not see OBJ (who I like more than most of you) falling to 17. I thought that he was the best player on LSU last year and by a fair margin. They always have tons of talent.

The Evans scenario is the most likely IMO.

Agree. He is the 3rd best WR in the draft by most accounts and the only one who will be available outside probably the top 7, yet many teams need a stud WR and may already have a big target (Dallas comes to mind) I think he is off the board within the top 15 for sure and a team might be willing to trade up to 9 for him. Don't get me wrong - I like him a lot- just don't see the value for the Bills based on current roster. Maybe I am basing it too much off of wanting a 6'3 or bigger WR at the #1 spot but there is data to suggest that of the top 15 WRs in the league, 11 are 6'3 or taller.

It seemed to me he was throwing it out there before I saw it elsewhere. For example, he was reporting some info on Byrd's situation with his contract situation that is the same as what I heard from my contact outside the team after the fact. While the Byrd stuff was going on, he was saying that Spikes was not an option unless Byrd didn't sign here for money reasons. Once that played out, he said to expect that to happen. I also found the Pepper Johnson hiring to be a surprise but he was talking about it weeks beforehand and I thought it just speculation. Again, i don't follow everyone in the world on Twitter so maybe I missed it and he was just picking up what others said. FWIW he is saying that they are working on an extension for Hughes. Someone said they saw that on Rotoworld too so he could have just gotten it there. Who knows.

theres so much thrown against the wall these days - he seems to be on the early edge of most of it though, and doesnt miss as often as some of the guys that i think are just guessing. i dont think hes in any kind of inner circle but i do believe he hears things that are real.

Agree. He is the 3rd best WR in the draft by most accounts and the only one who will be available outside probably the top 7, yet many teams need a stud WR and may already have a big target (Dallas comes to mind) I think he is off the board within the top 15 for sure and a team might be willing to trade up to 9 for him. Don't get me wrong - I like him a lot- just don't see the value for the Bills based on current roster. Maybe I am basing it too much off of wanting a 6'3 or bigger WR at the #1 spot but there is data to suggest that of the top 15 WRs in the league, 11 are 6'3 or taller.

Whatever the reasoning, I want nothing to do with Beckham Jr...And I'm not saying he's a bad player either...Clearly he's a good prospect...This would be a situation where my personal team-building philosophies get in the way of my ability to be happy with The Bills... :P

I just think it's a duplication of skills for this team as it is constructed currently...I think when you look at the WR's the Bills have brought in to challenge for a roster spots recently it's all the proof anyone needs that they would like to get bigger at WR...If they take Beckham in the first what does that mean for Flash and Woods (Graham could just pack his bags...he's done with this pick)? Because it's not only a WR, it's a WR that is similar (not exactly the same of course...but there are similarities) to those two both in size and skill...Plus they would be taking a similar WR prospect with a 1st round pick...So...There's no hiding him to develop his skills or anything like that...He immediately needs to jump Woods and Goodwin on the depth chart...It's not like Mike Evans, Ebron, or even Kelvin Benjamin where you can run things for them specifically because of height, length, leaping ability, hands...etc...Beckham is going to fit into a slot that Goodwin and Woods already occupy...And both of those guys are here for another 3 years minimum...On top of that there is a very good chance that one from Stevie and Mike Williams will be gone after the 2014 season, which would leave the Bills even smaller at WR...

I don't know...Beckham Jr. makes no sense to me at all...I would be less than thrilled to say the least...To me it would be lousy team building...The good news for The Bills if they do Draft Beckham...I've been wrong before...Once... :lol:

@RQUINN619 20m

Cyrus Kouandjio similar to Max Starks, drafted while Whaley Personnel director in PIT pic.twitter.com/elgJ1zGNSeBm4fJA-CIAEoh3W.png

I'm a pretty big supporter of Kouandjio in a trade-down scenario...I do not think he will last till the 2nd round though... B-)

You never know, KOKBILLS.

I remember most folks projected Cordy Glenn to go in the 15-20 range of the 1st round. Sometimes slides just happen, I've got my fingers crossed that Cyrus is around when we pick in the 2nd. I think it was very telling that the Bills waited until the last visit of the year to bring him in, they wanted to get the most up to date report on his health that they possibly could. I think he's a real possibility for us in the 2nd and would complete an absolute monster O-Line if his knee holds out.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m

Two players who could go a little higher than people think: LSU WR Odell Beckham and Ohio State LB Ryan Shazier.

Those are the 2 teams that I see the most and that doesn't surprise me. Those guys are both really, really good football players. They both play fast, are productive and safe. Shazier and Hyde were OSU's best players (even though Joey Bosa is a monster & Braxton really good). Beckham was the guy on that LSU team. Landry & Hill are good players but just don't have OBJ's skill set. I am not sure that I want either at 9 but wouldn't dislike either in a trade down.

The about Kevin section on the bottom of the Forged article is pretty funny. It reads like a 10 year old's essay.

My name is Kevin. I like the Bills. I also like movies, ice cream and turtles.

I just spit out my water laughing.

You never know, KOKBILLS.

I remember most folks projected Cordy Glenn to go in the 15-20 range of the 1st round. Sometimes slides just happen, I've got my fingers crossed that Cyrus is around when we pick in the 2nd. I think it was very telling that the Bills waited until the last visit of the year to bring him in, they wanted to get the most up to date report on his health that they possibly could. I think he's a real possibility for us in the 2nd and would complete an absolute monster O-Line if his knee holds out.

If the Bills got CK in the 2nd round I would seriously have to move all the stuff out of my living room in order to have room for multiple back-flips!!! :D

I am really hoping for Troy Niklas in round 2

CBF

That makes two of us. If he is there and Buffalo passes on him, I'm gonna be disappointed.

I'm more interested in round two this year.