Official Tom Brady thread

Should be interesting to see how the Patriots do without their two coordinators next season though.  The Pats are damn good though, they are a dynasty.

215674[/snapback]

Hell, they'll probably just promote the water boy and the equipment manager and still win the Super Bowl..........they seem to find a way no matter what.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, they'll probably just promote the water boy and the equipment manager and still win the Super Bowl..........they seem to find a way no matter what.

215680[/snapback]

Well they have done it all with the same top 3 coaches in place...taking 2/3 of them away will be an issue. Should be all the more exciting to see if JP leading our offense in the future can make a dent in their armor.

Well they have done it all with the same top 3 coaches in place...taking 2/3 of them away will be an issue.  Should be all the more exciting to see if JP leading our offense in the future can make a dent in their armor.

215686[/snapback]

I hope to God that it's an issue for them......at least the third time the Cowboys went to the big game you could tell they were maybe starting to become more vulnerable.......but the Pats seem to be stronger than ever, especially with Dillon. I like your optimism about JP, by the way :devil:

very small rocks

215699[/snapback]

Tom Brady turned me into a newt ..........................

..........................It got better.

But seriously, he's been one of the smartest and most accurate QB's in the league for the last three years. He doesn't lock onto receivers, makes few dumb choices, and plays within himself. Right now he's on the JoeMontana career track.

Did this guy sell his soul to the devil or is he just that good?

215586[/snapback]

umm brady is good, but every qb in the league will burn you this bad if your o-line gives you this amount of time to get the ball out. not even blitzberg could lay a finger on him.

What is curious about Tom Brady is that he was not a great college QB.  In fact he was Drew Henson's backup at Michigan.  There was nothing in his past that would indicate he would become any good.  It was like one day he woke up and <poof> he's a great QB.  Makes me scratch my head.

PTR

215632[/snapback]

Brady was never Henson's backup. Brady started 25 games in their overlap period in 1998 and 1999. I think you're confusing Henson with Brian Griese, who did start over Brady in '96 and '97.

He really is accurate as hell.......... :D

215666[/snapback]

That, and poise in the pocket are the two things that make him effective. Contrast that to another "great" quarterback like...oh, Michael Vick, whose inclination is to take off running rather than progress through his reads and wait for his receivers to get open, and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn from the inside.

That, and poise in the pocket are the two things that make him effective.  Contrast that to another "great" quarterback like...oh, Michael Vick, whose inclination is to take off running rather than progress through his reads and wait for his receivers to get open, and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn from the inside.

216337[/snapback]

God forbid I find myself agreeing with DC Tom.........but I think if you watch Brady's eyes you can clearly see him scanning from left to right, near to far, etc. He literally goes through his progressions like a computer or something. He appears to have excellent vision and wonderful touch. On top of that, his receivers are typically very reliable with their hands.

I don't think anyone considers Vick a great QB though. He's exciting, has a ton of potential, and can do things that no other QB can do, but he's got a long way to go and a lot to prove. He's had success in the regular season, but aside from that he's done nothing.

That, and poise in the pocket are the two things that make him effective.  Contrast that to another "great" quarterback like...oh, Michael Vick, whose inclination is to take off running rather than progress through his reads and wait for his receivers to get open, and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn from the inside.

216337[/snapback]

Tom, do you think that Mora was too conservative? There were times that I was waiting for Vick to take off and he would throw a bad pass instead.

Vick is not my idea of a prototype qb at all, but I think that he will win a Lombardi Trophy or 2 before he is finished. He is just that gifted.

I don't think anyone considers Vick a great QB though. He's exciting, has a ton of potential, and can do things that no other QB can do, but he's got a long way to go and a lot to prove. He's had success in the regular season, but aside from that he's done nothing.

216340[/snapback]

All that being said, I'll take Vick over Bledsoe ANY DAY.

All that being said, I'll take Vick over Bledsoe ANY DAY.

216344[/snapback]

Hell yes......if I had to choose between two QBs who couldn't see the field to save their lives, yet one can make plays with his legs and the other has a part time job riding cars into walls for Toyota, I'll take the former over the latter.

God forbid I find myself agreeing with DC Tom.........but I think if you watch Brady's eyes you can clearly see him scanning from left to right, near to far, etc. He literally goes through his progressions like a computer or something. He appears to have excellent vision and wonderful touch. On top of that, his receivers are typically very reliable with their hands.

That's because, through reading my posts, you become ever so much wiser. I grow on you, like athlete's foot... :D But more than progressing through his reads, he has the poise to do so in the face of a pass rush (not that he faces much of one, with all that holding). He doesn't lock on to his safety valve at the first hint of pressure.

216340[/snapback]

The media sure as hell does...but of course, that's the media. Vick sells. My point being, though, that for someone so highly touted as a great player, he really isn't. Great athlete, certainly, and I know his receivers don't help much...but still, he won't be successful until he learns to play his position rather than just fill the roster spot...

Tom, do you think that Mora was too conservative? There were times that I was waiting for Vick to take off and he would throw a bad pass instead.

Vick is not my idea of a prototype qb at all, but I think that he will win a Lombardi Trophy or 2 before he is finished. He is just that gifted.

216342[/snapback]

Uhhhh...I didn't watch the games. :D Listened to them...but I had a deadline to meet for work today, and didn't have the luxury of watching them.

But if Vick was coached to not be as ready to run, it was a bad coaching decision. Vick, at this point in his career, is only really capable of winning games running, as he's never really been coached to be an actual passer.

That's because, through reading my posts, you become ever so much wiser.  I grow on you, like athlete's foot...  :D  But more than progressing through his reads, he has the poise to do so in the face of a pass rush (not that he faces much of one, with all that holding).  He doesn't lock on to his safety valve at the first hint of pressure. 

The media sure as hell does...but of course, that's the media.  Vick sells.  My point being, though, that for someone so highly touted as a great player, he really isn't.  Great athlete, certainly, and I know his receivers don't help much...but still, he won't be successful until he learns to play his position rather than just fill the roster spot...

216354[/snapback]

lol, I bow to your intellectual prowess and appreciate your, um, contribution to my growth :lol:

And yeah, the media does hype vick a lot.......he's obviously very marketable, but at the same time, the guy DOES win........they've had stretches without him and they suck. He brings a lot to the game, I just don't think he, nor the Falcons as a team, are ready for prime time yet..........but you have to admit, the guy does have a lot of upside. What bothers me is you always hear him saying how he feels like he has good control of the offense, etc. If he can't realize how far he has to go, he'll never get there. In his own mind, he's probably already better than the Culpeppers, McNabbs, and Mannings.....he needs to look a bit more objectively at his game and refine it.

behind only Montana & Elway.

Hate him all you want, which by the way I do, but you gotta admit the kid is the LAST QB you wanna face if your life depended on it because you will lose. Tell me all you want about "The Genius" or the defense or the system or his lack of arm strength or mobility but don't tell me he isn't great because we all know a QB that played under those same circumstances that didn't bring the same results.

What makes him so great you ask? Field vision, accuracy, smarts, leadership and a uncanny ability to stay focused and unflustered.

Admit it, he's on the verge of being the G.O.A.T.