Was there ever a UB player drafted in the first round?

no 1st round picks out of UB

Notable alumni include:

taken from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bulls_football#Notable_former_players

Was St. Joe's still running the single wing?

I got to know Jerry Philbin years after his career ended. I think he played DE at about 220lbs..

He was a monster player -ornery as hell. From what I've seen of him on documentarys about the Jets, he still is! Ha!

There has never been one first or second rd. James Starks was projected 2nd by some but a shoulder injury caused his fall.

Also Ed Ellis was drafted as a tackle. And Gerald Carlson was picks up by the Bills as a kicker. Cut. Craig Guest, who still is the school record holder for tackles was signed by the Jets. Noah Burroughs was a Jet. Obviously this is early mid 90s days though and none but Ellis were drafted

I don't think so but PTR would know for sure. Naaman Roosevelt was signed by the Lions this offseason according to this wiki link. I for one rout for the kid, never thought he got a fair shot in buffalo, so congrats to him.

I believe he just signed with them within the last couple days.

I think 3rd round was the highest draft pick for a UB player, and that was Philbin. The Bulls lucked out with Mack, who only got an offer from Liberty besides UB out of high school.

I remember reading that this was the case because basketball was his sport up until his senior year of HS.... true?

I don't think so but PTR would know for sure. Naaman Roosevelt was signed by the Lions this offseason according to this wiki link. I for one rout for the kid, never thought he got a fair shot in buffalo, so congrats to him.

Wasn't he with the team for 3 seasons? Seems like a pretty fair shot to me.

Wasn't he with the team for 3 seasons? Seems like a pretty fair shot to me.

Actually when he started, he looked good but that only happened because of injury for a few games. He is slower but a good route runner who can get separation.

He was good for 15 yards almost 16 a catch

http://www.nfl.com/player/naamanroosevelt/2507830/profile

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 2011 Buffalo Bills 10 0 16 257 16.1 60T 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 2010 Buffalo Bills 6 1 9 139 15.4 30 0 1 3 3.0 3 0 -- -- TOTAL 25 396 15.8 60 1 1 3 3.0 3 0 0 0

and yeah I know I'm a homer :rolleyes:

Actually when he started, he looked good but that only happened because of injury for a few games. He is slower but a good route runner who can get separation.

He was good for 15 yards almost 16 a catch

http://www.nfl.com/player/naamanroosevelt/2507830/profile

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 2011 Buffalo Bills 10 0 16 257 16.1 60T 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 2010 Buffalo Bills 6 1 9 139 15.4 30 0 1 3 3.0 3 0 -- -- TOTAL 25 396 15.8 60 1 e

1 3 3.0 3 0 0 0

and yeah I know I'm a homer :rolleyes:

He also has velcro hands. I need to post his UB highlight reel. He made some absolutely sick catches, even after getting clobbered by a defender.

I sent him a congratulatory tweet and dubbed him "Mini-tron." He Lol'd that.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He also has velcro hands. I need to post his UB highlight reel. He made some absolutely sick catches, even after getting clobbered by a defender.

I sent him a congratulatory tweet and dubbed him "Mini-tron." He Lol'd that.

You have to include the Ohio game from 07. Also the Temple hail Mary. But most of all his first ever kr, first time he ever touched a ball for blue and white

I saw Philbin play for UB. He was very good. John Stofa was the QB I think. They played at Rotory Field at Main and Winspere. I think this was the team ranked # 1 in what called the small college poll. There was a running back Willie something that played for the Bills for a short time.