Marcel Dareus - 5th year option by May 3

It's guaranteed for injury only until something like the 1st - 3rd day of the league year next year. So, it costs literally nothing to exercise it now, negotiate toward a deal, and if he turns out to continue to be late/not "all in" whatever that means, you can cut him after SuperBowl. I don't see where the issue is in executing it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Cameron Jordan or Jordan Cameron?

Cameron Jordan, DE on Saints

cam jordan also joins the list of players with the option picked up

Breer actually mistakenly listed Cam Heyward and meant to list Cam Jordan:

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 28m

Still could. Haven't yet. RT @Urunderarrest @AlbertBreer did the steelers pick up option on heyward or was that a mistake? Clarifying

It's guaranteed for injury only until something like the 1st - 3rd day of the league year next year. So, it costs literally nothing to exercise it now, negotiate toward a deal, and if he turns out to continue to be late/not "all in" whatever that means, you can cut him after SuperBowl. I don't see where the issue is in executing it.

Thats how I see it too

Cameron Jordan, DE on Saints

Breer actually mistakenly listed Cam Heyward and meant to list Cam Jordan:

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 28m

Still could. Haven't yet. RT @Urunderarrest @AlbertBreer did the steelers pick up option on heyward or was that a mistake? Clarifying

it was a gimme - the kids been great. i know a lot here liked him. what a class of pass rushers and dline..... vonn miller, dareus, aldon smith, quinn, jj watt, cam jordan... kerigan is an often forgotten probowler there too. mo wilkerson, and fairly have both been good contributors.... that first round was darn near cant miss for posters around here given our needs at the front of the defense.

Edited by NoSaint

Sure, it makes sense to take as long as needed if there are any question marks. I just look at things like them deliberately bringing in Spikes who also has been known for these types of things (and more) and wonder if that is the only thing holding them back, let's find a way to get it all to work so we have the best possible players on the field.

I agree and want him to be here long term. I just think (more hope) that is their line of thinking. Me personally I would have already done it. I have zero behind the scenes knowledge though and am only going off of what I see on the field. I am in total agreement that he is a part of putting the best possible players on the field.