Who believes in Manuel?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally fee that EJ Manuel's chances for success are greatly improved for this year.....expecially because the team seems to get it and is biulding up AROUND EJ.....

- Improvement at Left Guard...check

- A top flight big bodied high leaper go get the ball wide receiver....check

- His top receiving target from last year resigned.....check

- defenders signed to stop the run and get the ball back into his hands.......check

Lets see what the draft brings

Ive been seeing lots of talk from fans and it seems that people are calling for a new QB. I think that EJ will be better this season with more weapons. If you feel differently, who should be the replacement?

so you think EJ's struggles last year were due to lack of weapons?

Some of it was.....

TJ Graham wont fight for balls......

Stevie popped a lot of balls into the air and was hurt a lot

Woods was a rookie who also got hurt

Goodwin......same deal

Top Receiver was a TE with no speed who goes down on first contact

Both running backs hurt

WOuldnt u say it might have to do with the weapons?

no, i think he wasn't efficient and he lacked the right touch on long passes. That called for a lot of big plays being blown. But I feel like he could play a lot better this year with a year of experience under his belt and even more weapons than before.

Some of it was.....

Goodwin......same deal

Both running backs hurt

all I see are excuses for EJ but for the record I was simply asking a question

more weapons will obviously help but QB was the biggest problem on offense last year

That was definitely part of it...if you watch games on Game Rewind, I'm sure you've noticed the general lack of open targets on many occasions. Now, much of EJ's struggles were on him as well, and he definitely needs to improve his lower-body mechanics and pocket awareness; I don't think one can easily dismiss the issues with a general lack of a #1 pass catching option.

30. QB Derek Carr, Fresno State (6-2, 214, 4.69):

Super high on Carr. Wouldn't have any problem with Carr at #9. Trade EJ for 2nd or 3rd rounder. Have a feeling we will be kicking ourselves next year that we passed on Carr and are stuck looking at prospects of drafting an inferior QB next year after EJ struggles again. There's no cookie cutter template for getting your franchise QB. Gotta grab opportunity when it presents itself.

Some of it was.....

Goodwin......same deal

Both running backs hurt

So were Fitzy's struggles due to lack of weapons too? Besides the rookie WR's, he had the same problems.

I'l admit I was very high on EJ in last years draft and happy the Bills pulled the trigger on him. I had no problem with them trading back and getting the QB they wanted.

That said, he will have to improve A LOT to make me believe he can really be the long term answer at the position.

Rookie QBs struggle, that's a given. The good ones show you glimpses though that really makes you start believing in the guy. I rarely saw anything last year that would suggest he is the guy. Some good throws, a lot of bad ones. Down field accuracy and decision making need to improve leaps and bounds. He needs to stop playing so damn passive too.

He only played 10 games and was injured the rest but no matter how good you are if you can't stay on the field - what does it matter?

I wouldn't mind drafting another QB after round 1 this year.

Edited by kobe808lak

As does EJ.

Wait, you're going to assert that EJ has arm strength issues? I'm not sure you're watching the same guy as the rest of us, since arm strength has never, ever been questioned by anyone.

Yes, he needs to adjust his lower-body mechanics to be more accurate; we've covered this...the arm strength thing is just patently incorrect.

Wait, you're going to assert that EJ has arm strength issues? I'm not sure you're watching the same guy as the rest of us, since arm strength has never, ever been questioned by anyone.

Yes, he needs to adjust his lower-body mechanics to be more accurate; we've covered this...the arm strength thing is just patently incorrect.

Meant to have a second line disregarding arm strength because I know he has a cannon. Doesn't really matter though if he can't hit the recievers though.

I'l admit I was very high on EJ in last years draft and happy the Bills pulled the trigger on him. I had no problem with them trading back and getting the QB they wanted.

That said, he will have to improve A LOT to make me believe he can really be the long term answer at the position.

Rookie QBs struggle, that's a given. The good ones show you glimpses though that really makes you start believing in the guy. I rarely saw anything last year that would suggest he is the guy. Some good throws, a lot of bad ones. Down field accuracy and decision making need to improve leaps and bounds. He needs to stop playing so damn passive too.

He only played 10 games and was injured the rest but no matter how good you are if you can't stay on the field - what does it matter?

I wouldn't mind drafting another QB after round 1 this year.

Excellent post, but not sure why we shouldn't consider QB in 1st. Stuff rarely happens the way you plan it will in NFL. If EJ is smart enough to step out of bounds in Cleveland game, maybe we win that game, EJ shows more promise, and we finish with .500 or better record or maybe even make playoffs. But he didn't and we are almost back to Square 1 at QB position. If Carr is available at #9, pull the trigger. Get a 3rd rounder for EJ and move on instead of most likely wasting another year. Carr is a much better prospect than Manuel. Not even close who the better passer is.