Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

There's also a nice touch during the wedding itself. When the septon is marrying them, he says, "Cursed be he who attempts to tear them asunder." At that moment, the camera is showing this:

got-wedding.png?w=1024&h=517

I wouldn't call that a "nice" touch. For all the subtlety this show usually possesses, that shot was like getting hit with a truck.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call that a "nice" touch. For all the subtlety this show usually possesses, that shot was like getting hit with a truck.

I'm not sure I'd quite go that far, but then again, I'm no Tom.

not too much

Pod talks to Tryion in jail

Little Finger picks up Sansa on the ship and offs the fool

Littlefinger said the necklace was from him

Tommen is told he will be king and get laid when he's married

Jamie rapes his twin next to their dead son the king

Sam takes Gilli (sp?) to mole's town to "keep her safe" from the black brothers - 1 woman , 100 men

the Wildlings attack a village and send a boy survivor to Castle Black as a warning

Danny marches to the gates of Meereen gives an anti slave speech

the Dog and Arya are on the road to the Eyrie

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So, we get to a part in the series where Jamie is "likable" then he "rapes" Cersei in the Sept and viewers are turned off. giggidy giggidy

for the lurkers - spoiler alert ....

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-breaker-chains-episode-181600643.html

Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh."

So, we get to a part in the series where Jamie is "likable" then he "rapes" Cersei in the Sept and viewers are turned off. giggidy giggidy

for the lurkers - spoiler alert ....

https://tv.yahoo.com...-181600643.html

Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh."

I'm not sure why the show thought they needed to veer so drastically in this....

All that time spent trying to redeem Jaime, which I believe has been what Martin has been working at through the books, is completely ruined by this. Also kind of ruins Cersai a bit by taking her down a peg from her position of power over everyone.

I can't really see any good reason to stray from the source material in this.

I'm not sure why the show thought they needed to veer so drastically in this....

All that time spent trying to redeem Jaime, which I believe has been what Martin has been working at through the books, is completely ruined by this. Also kind of ruins Cersai a bit by taking her down a peg from her position of power over everyone.

I can't really see any good reason to stray from the source material in this.

dunno. they have something in mind

Maybe with the next death she loses her mind vs her imprisonment although I was anticipating that on the show. IIRC Jamie isn't that much of a big player in the near future

man, I have to reread the books. too many variants.

the biggest change I didn't like is the unborn "prince". unless Martin never had a future for King Rob's son.

The part where Gendry (Baratheon) and Hot Pie leave Arya was different but that didn't bug me as much,

dunno. they have something in mind

Maybe with the next death she loses her mind vs her imprisonment although I was anticipating that on the show. IIRC Jamie isn't that much of a big player in the near future

man, I have to reread the books. too many variants.

the biggest change I didn't like is the unborn "prince". unless Martin never had a future for King Rob's son.

Was she definitely pregnant? I kind of recall it being hinted at but didn't know if it was actually confirmed at any point.

Seems like based on these small changes the show could be a spoiler of sorts for the books assuming they both share the same ultimate ending goal. For instance now we might have a heads up that Rob's wife wasn't supposed to play much of a part, if any, to future story developments.

Was she definitely pregnant? I kind of recall it being hinted at but didn't know if it was actually confirmed at any point.

Seems like based on these small changes the show could be a spoiler of sorts for the books assuming they both share the same ultimate ending goal. For instance now we might have a heads up that Rob's wife wasn't supposed to play much of a part, if any, to future story developments.

I agree...I don't know if it was ever definitively stated in the books that she was pregnant. But I also think GRRM didn't have much of a plan for her character and thus probably was okay with letting her get killed on the show.

I agree...I don't know if it was ever definitively stated in the books that she was pregnant. But I also think GRRM didn't have much of a plan for her character and thus probably was okay with letting her get killed on the show.

That's my thought too and what I am getting at with the show maybe providing spoilers for future book story lines by cluing us in to what may not be of any importance.

Could be just they don't have the time to get into it. Kind of like how in season 2 they skipped the entire thing with Stannis surrounding Stormsend and possibly laying siege to it so he could get a hold of one of Robert's bastards. That kid is in play a lot until Davos secretly ships him off. Maybe doesn't serve much more overall purpose than to show Davos has a heart and is one of the good guys but I always thought that kid might come back into play in the books.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/george-rr-martin-red-wedding-hard-to-write-fans-swore-off-books-2014244

As etched in the minds of heartbroken readers and viewers forever, the wedding in question saw the surprise slaughter of two beloved protagonists, Catelyn Stark and her son Robb Stark, King of the North, during an already-tense wedding

As Martin, points out, the HBO version, from 2013's season 3, "turned it up by 11" by adding one more victim to the body count: Talisa, Robb's pregnant wife. "The TV Red Wedding is even worse than the book," Martin said, "We get a pregnant woman stabbed repeatedly in the belly."

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jeyne_Westerling

I may be thinking that the "enemies" are worried that she is pregnant.

I don't recall Bran coming across Craster at all but I am certain he wasn't captured by him.

I didn't watch the episode but I read that the show is straying way off script in a number of ways so I'm not going to assume anything new is a book spoiler for certain.

They took a huge detour with the defecting black crows at Crasters capturing Bran, and the Whitewalker "king" and the babies is totally new ...

the "nicer" Jamie and Oath keeper were close to the books as I recall.

I don't recall Bran coming across Craster at all but I am certain he wasn't captured by him.

I didn't watch the episode but I read that the show is straying way off script in a number of ways so I'm not going to assume anything new is a book spoiler for certain.

Pretty interesting, especially since the show up until recently has followed the books so closely. I guess this is the answer though as to how the show is going to continue once they reach the end of the books.

Pretty interesting, especially since the show up until recently has followed the books so closely. I guess this is the answer though as to how the show is going to continue once they reach the end of the books.

in some areas they follow the books closely, but I've seen a lot of areas where they ventured from the original storyline. reread my posts in this thread, I have listed all of the areas I feel they veered. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Finally watched the episode last night. Yeah, they're veering way off in the events at and beyond the Wall. I don't remember any direwolves getting caught by anyone north of the wall, and Bran and his group never came across anyone besides Coldhands and the Three-Eyed Crow once they got past the wall (except for some Others, of course). And nothing was described about what happened to the Craster boys other than stories...