Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

bump

was the part where Sam killed the whitewalker was different too?

Wasn't he straggling behind the men returning to wherever when he killed the whitewalker with the obsidian knife?

Yeah and some of the Rangers witnessed it too.

bump. trying to recall the convo on who has or is in search of the Horn of Joramun

as I reread the books.

when Sam is lagging behind and he kills the WW he goes through his pack and it is noted that he has the horn that John gave him.

As for the Horn of Joramun, I believe Mance has it when Jon encountered him beyond the Wall, before Stannis showed up. He offered it in exchange for safe passage through the Wall. If not, Tormund was supposed to blow it and bring down the Wall.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still some question as to whether or not the Horn was found.

Mance and the freefolk claimed they found the horn in a giant's grave, and this was the horn they offered in return for safe passage through the Wall. But after their capture, Melisandre had the horn burned along with Rattleshirt (appearing as Mance).

Later, both Ygritte and Tormund claimed that the horn was a fake and that Mance never found the true Horn.

It's amazing how one can get the story mixed up with the TV show and forget key parts. And when looking for storyline's on the net they don't specify say which they are a reference to.

I also thought I remembered that Sam dropped the knife and left it after he killed the White Walker. He tried to give it to Grenn, but Grenn told Sam to keep it.

When Jon and Ygritte reach the top of the wall she tells him that (up to that time) Mance for all his searching and releasing shades he never found the horn.

I'll self correct myself as I get to the part with Melisandre and the horn after the battle for the wall. But that's at least 2 books yet to reread.

FWIW, since Mance and the Wildlings are now south of the wall the horn of Joramun really isn't needed right?

http://gameofthrones...om/wiki/Joramun

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Some shocking implications IMO...

No Euron, Victarion, Arianne, Jon Connington, or Aegon seemingly. Of course, those could be Ramsay-type omissions wherein we find out at the end of the season who someone is...

We speculated on IF Damphair would be mentioned.

I'm halfway through the 3rd book Storm of swords. ch 43

There is a bit in the book that counters the theories about Jon Snows mother.

Ned [Edric Dayne Lord of Starfall] (Dondarian's squire) tells Arya that Wylla was his Milk Mother and that Wylla was Johns mother, then he goes on about Lady Ashara Dayne threw herself into the sea from a broken heart because she loved Ned Stark. And this happened before Ned Stark was betrothed to Catelyn.

And yes they also mentioned Targaryian being with Lyanna Stark.

- Another mystery... Who is the woman Hoster Tully mentioned . Tansy?

We speculated on IF Damphair would be mentioned.

I'm halfway through the 3rd book Storm of swords. ch 43

There is a bit in the book that counters the theories about Jon Snows mother.

Ned [Edric Dayne Lord of Starfall] (Dondarian's squire) tells Arya that Wylla was his Milk Mother and that Wylla was Johns mother, then he goes on about Lady Ashara Dayne threw herself into the sea from a broken heart because she loved Ned Stark. And this happened before Ned Stark was betrothed to Catelyn.

And yes they also mentioned Targaryian being with Lyanna Stark.

- Another mystery... Who is the woman Hoster Tully mentioned . Tansy?

Tansy isn't a woman. It's an herb or something that Hoster Tully gave his daughter (Lysa) to kill her unborn baby.

He's feeling regret on his deathbed for his responsibility in her "abortion"

Edited by cantankerous

• 3 weeks later...

bump

Before Jamie sends off Brieanne, they speak of Arya and the Boltons

what happened to the Arya Stark that was supposed to be sent off to marry Boltons Bastard?

did they hint at this in the TV show?

It was before Tyrion killed Tywin

In the show it was never mentioned. In the book I think she escaped with Reek at Winterfell. IIRC, Mance and his two wildling women that were posing as the entertainment for Bolton's men were killing them. They approached Reek about escaping and helped him and "Arya" escape before being caught themselves.

In the show it was never mentioned. In the book I think she escaped with Reek at Winterfell. IIRC, Mance and his two wildling women that were posing as the entertainment for Bolton's men were killing them. They approached Reek about escaping and helped him and "Arya" escape before being caught themselves.

Yup. I just finished the series (so far) in an insane binge reading marathon. The other arya was saved by theon and mance -- though mance was captured by Ramsay which can't be good for the king beyond the wall considering Ramsay's love of flaying.

I remember similar in the book, but was it really in Winterfell or Moat Calain(sp?)

I'll get there soon enough again in the books.

I remember similar in the book, but was it really in Winterfell or Moat Calain(sp?)

I'll get there soon enough again in the books.

It was winterfell. Or rather Winterfells ruins.

• 1 month later...

finished redreading the books and now the long wait for the next book and the next season .

thank god for The Walking dead to keep me occupied.

bumped to avoid this being lost to the archives

in case I was not looking in the right place ..........I'm an idiot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoiler?

After much speculation, HBO has finally released a teaser for "Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life,"

The new half-hour special is set to air Sunday, Feb. 8, but if you can't wait until then, you can sign up to receive "visions" of Season 5 from the Three-Eyed Raven. The trailer for the new season, meanwhile, will come to IMAX on Thursday, Jan. 29.

Remember, "Game of Thrones" returns in just a mere 82 days, but who's counting anyway?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/20/game-of-thrones-special_n_6507116.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

The sixth 'Game of Thrones' book won't be released in 2015

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-sixth-game-of-thrones-book-wont-be-released-in-2015/#ftag=YHF65cbda0

Watch first 'Game of Thrones' season five trailer

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2015/01/30/Watch-first-Game-of-Thrones-season-five-trailer/9091422630488/

SORRY, I think the Viewers thread is Locked away in the archives so this thread will have to do until someone creates a new thread for this season

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet, Bran annoyed me more than any other character including King Justin Bieber who at least served a purpose in the overall plot. Bran was both figuratively and literally carried by an Internet Meme

the only issue is that I think he'll be one of the 4 main characters at the end wielding power.

Prepare for characters who are still alive in the books to be slaughtered in Season 5.

"People are going to die who don't die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy," Martin told Showbiz411. "So everybody better be on their toes. David and D.B. are even bloodier than I am."

http://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-season-5-prepare-for-deaths-not-in-the-books/

I am guessing I know who might get the metaphorical (or possibly literal) axe. But we'll see in a few short weeks.

the only issue is that I think he'll be one of the 4 main characters at the end wielding power.

I've suspect that too. Bran, Jon Snow (whom I suspect is a Targaryian) and smoking hot dragon queen will all end up riding dragons and burning the place down while the midget rejoices

• 2 weeks later...

In the new Trailers ...... Is that Varys I see traveling with Tyrion? I say huhhh?

game-of-thrones-season-five-trailer-01.j

At the end of last season Varys left on the boat with the imp. Why wouldn't he still be with him? They changed the whole way the imp left kings landing, he didn't learn the truth about his wife or have a spat with Jamie. It's the imp and Varys together on the road to Danny.

At the end of last season Varys left on the boat with the imp. Why wouldn't he still be with him? They changed the whole way the imp left kings landing, he didn't learn the truth about his wife or have a spat with Jamie. It's the imp and Varys together on the road to Danny.

the books? IIRC this doesn't follow

the books? IIRC this doesn't follow

It absolutely doesn't follow. It's completely different from the books. But they showed us Varys leaving on the boat with Tyrion at the end of the last season, so it's not surprising that he's paired with him on his journey to Danny for the show considering how much bigger of a character Varys is in the world of the TV show compared to the books. That was all I was saying.

Because they changed so much of Tyrion's exit from King's Landing, I would expect a ton of his story will change when he crosses the narrow sea. You'd think he has to meet the prince at some point, but I could also see them changing all of that if they wanted.

It absolutely doesn't follow. It's completely different from the books. But they showed us Varys leaving on the boat with Tyrion at the end of the last season, so it's not surprising that he's paired with him on his journey to Danny for the show considering how much bigger of a character Varys is in the world of the TV show compared to the books. That was all I was saying.

Because they changed so much of Tyrion's exit from King's Landing, I would expect a ton of his story will change when he crosses the narrow sea. You'd think he has to meet the prince at some point, but I could also see them changing all of that if they wanted.

they replaced the jousting girl on the pig with the Varys