Vikings

LB3

Anyone else watch Vikings on the History channel? It is incredible. It never disappoints, for me at least. First season was good, but this second season is fantastic so far. The story line is great, the acting is impeccable and the production value is top notch. This series has it all. Never has brutality been so beautiful.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say last year i slogged through the show..spent many an episode hitting the 30 second skip for the majority of the hour.

But this year has been very good, and i am watching the whole thing in real time.Blood Eagle was something.

I think we somehow get a little threesome action before the end of this season...Ragnar way too cool to not make this happen!

BTW, i just watched the first Episode of TURN, i think on AMC. I really enjoyed that as well.

Just saw this online..looks like we are past spoiler stage, but just in case. BTW, first time i am trying to use spoilers, hope it works

Prior to Ragnar and Lagertha’s agreement, King Horik, unaware of the future alliance, promised to free Borg from imprisonment. He claimed he had men who weren’t fond of Ragnar assisting in the jail break. But when the time finally came for Borg to be freed by King Horik, he found himself welcomed by raging flames and Ragnar dressed in white cloak. So, what’s the deal? Why did King Horik lie to Jarl Borg?

“We’d shot a scene, which isn’t in there in the end, where someone asked him, ‘Why did you say that you would save him?’ and Horik says, ‘I never would have saved him.’ [Horik] once said, ‘Unless someone has hope, they don’t really suffer,’ so he went in to give him this false hope, and I liked that scene. He made Jarl Borg believe for a moment that he was going to get out of there,” Hirst explained

I missed the first few episodes, then caught a couple mid-season ones. Maybe that's why I couldn't get into it. That series is exactly what I typically enjoy.

I'll have to go back to the first season and give it a shot from episode 1 forward.

I missed the first few episodes, then caught a couple mid-season ones. Maybe that's why I couldn't get into it. That series is exactly what I typically enjoy.

I'll have to go back to the first season and give it a shot from episode 1 forward.

The first season starts a little slow, but stick with it . I almost gave up on it after the first couple episodes of season one. So glad I didn't as it's one of my favorite can't miss shows now.

Just saw this online..looks like we are past spoiler stage, but just in case. BTW, first time i am trying to use spoilers, hope it works

Prior to Ragnar and Lagertha’s agreement, King Horik, unaware of the future alliance, promised to free Borg from imprisonment. He claimed he had men who weren’t fond of Ragnar assisting in the jail break. But when the time finally came for Borg to be freed by King Horik, he found himself welcomed by raging flames and Ragnar dressed in white cloak. So, what’s the deal? Why did King Horik lie to Jarl Borg?

“We’d shot a scene, which isn’t in there in the end, where someone asked him, ‘Why did you say that you would save him?’ and Horik says, ‘I never would have saved him.’ [Horik] once said, ‘Unless someone has hope, they don’t really suffer,’ so he went in to give him this false hope, and I liked that scene. He made Jarl Borg believe for a moment that he was going to get out of there,” Hirst explained

Thanks! That explains a lot and makes that plot line even better.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I've been telling everyone that will listen to jump on this show since I started watching it in the middle of last season. It's easily the show I look forward to the most week to week. It'd be a close race to figure out who my favorite character on TV is between Floki and Tyrion Lannister.

I'm confused a bit by Floki wedding invite etc

was that all part of the deception?

I'm inclined to think it wasn't because it was first brought up in private with his lady. I think he just wanted one thing for himself outside of Ragnars shadow.

Anyone else watch Vikings on the History channel? It is incredible. It never disappoints, for me at least. First season was good, but this second season is fantastic so far. The story line is great, the acting is impeccable and the production value is top notch. This series has it all. Never has brutality been so beautiful.

Blood Eagle, Jarl Borg. That dude was !@#$ed up!

Also, I really like the Saxon King of Wessex. That dude's just smarmy.

Edited by joesixpack

I'm confused a bit by Floki wedding invite etc

was that all part of the deception?

I think some of the resentment is real, but it was also used as part of the deception. To give the appearance that there is more dissension in Ragnar's camp than there actually is. The moment when his woman told him about the child was real though. It wasn't a hateful thing, just a "Not everything has to be about Ragnar" thing.

I'm inclined to think it wasn't because it was first brought up in private with his lady. I think he just wanted one thing for himself outside of Ragnars shadow.

still a possibility.

wasn't Rollo's lady stirring up trouble with him as she's is conspiring to unseat Ragnar?

Rollo knows that and may be setting her up / using her as a tool to help Ragnar.

the last Earl seemed to preside over everything

still a possibility.

wasn't Rollo's lady stirring up trouble with him as she's is conspiring to unseat Ragnar?

Rollo knows that and may be setting her up / using her as a tool to help Ragnar.

Interesting points.

still a possibility.

I think Siggi's gonna get taken care of :lol: Doinking everybody, everybody's brother, and everybody's son too. WRAP IT