Vikings

LB3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the explanation of what the blood Eagle was supposed to achieve (besides the victims death) what was the idea behind the ritualistic execution?

It is a way of determining a man's honor. If he can suffer through the blood eagle in silence, he will be allowed into Valhalla.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

It is a way of determining a man's honor. If he can suffer through the blood eagle in silence, he will be allowed into Valhalla.

I knew that I just figured there was something more to the method of the execution

other than more Flokie angst against Ragnar, and the kings paranoia against Ragnar, not much happened to excite me.

I was starting to buy into the Floki angst angle even more until Horik stormed out of the meeting with Ragnar and Lagertha and Ragnar nodded towards Floki to go with Horik. It makes me think that Ragnar is behind Floki's recent friendship with Horik.

I wonder if Ragnar knew about the ambush at the end of the episode. The power struggle between Ragnar and Horik has been building so I'm not sure.

Lagertha continues to do it for me.

Did y'all notice the fight scene between Rollo and Ragnars son? Rollo sliced his stomach and arm, then in the next shot the boy didn't have a scratch.

I think it was a play of what could happen, like when they sometimes speak in different languages to provide you that there is likely a language issue, and float back into English