Should We Draft a QB In Late Rounds

T master

With very few exceptions, quarterbacks drafted in late rounds never have any impact. Lately, that's been the case with backers drafted in the middle rounds and frequently in the early rounds as well. So why waste a pick when there are late round options at other positions that amount to a slightly less possibility of a wasted pick?

With very few exceptions, quarterbacks drafted in late rounds never have any impact. Lately, that's been the case with backers drafted in the middle rounds and frequently in the early rounds as well. So why waste a pick when there are late round options at other positions that amount to a slightly less possibility of a wasted pick?

Same could have been said about 3rd rounders before Russell Wilson and Nick Foles were drafted in the 3rd round of the 2012 draft. This being a deep draft with a lot of talent at QB means guys drafted in the 2nd round in previous drafts may last to the 4th or 5th round of this draft. But the odds would probably be even better if we were to take one in the 2nd or 3rd this year. And the importance of the position should not be understated. Landing one Wilson or Foles is worth 3 RBs or LBs.

If one that the Bills have ranked high enough that he becomes BPA in the 4th or later, then yes. I don't have any favorites, personally. I have watched most of them in college but don't know enough about how they transition as NFL prospects. Mettenberger intrigues me because Cam Cameron was his OC and he was in a pro style offense. He also has really good size. The reason I say 4th rd is because this year's draft is deep enough that I would think we can still find starters in the 3rd round and EJ is being given the reigns per the Bills so anyone they draft is going to be a backup this year.

I would take Aaron Murray in the 4th/5th.

I like him in those rounds, as well. However, I really wanted to get Russell Wilson in the 3rd or 4th round a couple of years ago and the Bills did like him.

Translations: if the Bills do like Murray I wouldn't necessarily hold my breathe in thinking he's going to be there in the 5th...maybe not even in the 4th.

If they do really like his skill set, then get him.

Tom Savage from Pitt. Kid can play. Might not even be available in the later rounds. Saw him in person a few times. Can take a hit, keep his eyes up field and find the WR. Reminds me of Kelly with his toughness, and B. Rothlesburger with his pocket presence.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/66376/pitt-qb-tom-savage-to-visit-with-raiders