If We Pass on Ebron .... We Will Regret it

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see. I am not sold on Ebron, but I want to like him. My perception, admittedly based on little, is that he won't be the game changer in the NFL that he was in college. Honestly, as someone else pointed out, not sure 3 TDs his last collegiate season qualifies him as a great receiving threat at TE.

Good to see. I am not sold on Ebron, but I want to like him. My perception, admittedly based on little, is that he won't be the game changer in the NFL that he was in college. Honestly, as someone else pointed out, not sure 3 TDs his last collegiate season qualifies him as a great receiving threat at TE.

Ebron also had a backup QB throwing to him the last 6 games of the season

Sports Science on Eric Ebron

http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=10824158

He might be our guy so check it out fellas :thumbsup:

That was a pretty good watch. He has massive hands at 10 inches! Hell, Taylor Lewan is 6'7" (3 inches taller) and his hands are 9 & 1/4 inches.

I am starting warm up to Ebron in the 1st... it appears that nearly everyone that the Bills will want will be gone by 9. No Mack. The top 3 OT's will probably be history. No Watkins or Evans. A TE should have more impact on this offense then a WR would with the addition of Mike Williams. Any WR drafted is going to be slotted in at 4th on the depth chart, at best (Stevie, Woods, Williams). A TE like Ebron is instantly the starter IMO. Chandler would be a much better TE2 anmyways.

I've been a big supporter of OT in the 1st but only if that pick was one of the big 3 (Robinson, Matthews, Lewan). No way would I reach for any of the other prospects at 9. Would just wait til 41 and hope that Moses, Kouandjio, or James is there.

When evaluating Ebron we shouldn't really think about him as a TE. He will play more like a WR (primarily in the slot). It will be similar to how Jimmy Graham is used. Ebron had a high ceiling but a little lower floor than I would like in the top 10. If you are looking for a more traditional TE to help in the run game Niklas or ASJ are probably your guys. If you are looking for someone to make plays up the seem than Ebron is your guy. It really depends what you want out of the position. Ebron probably compares more to the receivers than the TEs.

That was a pretty good watch. He has massive hands at 10 inches! Hell, Taylor Lewan is 6'7" (3 inches taller) and his hands are 9 & 1/4 inches.

I am starting warm up to Ebron in the 1st... it appears that nearly everyone that the Bills will want will be gone by 9. No Mack. The top 3 OT's will probably be history. No Watkins or Evans. A TE should have more impact on this offense then a WR would with the addition of Mike Williams. Any WR drafted is going to be slotted in at 4th on the depth chart, at best (Stevie, Woods, Williams). A TE like Ebron is instantly the starter IMO. Chandler would be a much better TE2 anmyways.

I've been a big supporter of OT in the 1st but only if that pick was one of the big 3 (Robinson, Matthews, Lewan). No way would I reach for any of the other prospects at 9. Would just wait til 41 and hope that Moses, Kouandjio, or James is there.

The sportsscience stuff is always fun.

In the draft though if you can get basically the same guy at pick 41 that you can get at 9, you don't take Eric Ebron at 9 when you can get one of the 5 below at #41

repost:

There is absolutely nothing special about Eric Ebron compared to the other TEs in his class.

Which one of these TEs would you like:

(The Stats are from their last college season.)

Height Weight 40 Time Reps Vert Jump Arm Length Hand Size Rec Yards TD Drop %

6/5 265 4.74 28 33 34 9 98 1240 7 7.69

6/4 250 4.6 24 32 33.25 10 55 895 3 11.43

6/6 265 4.76 25 31.5 33 10.25 26 253 6 DNQ

6/7 270 4.86 27 32 34.12 10 28 422 5 8.57

6/6 262 4.75 20 DNQ 33.75 9.75 36 450 8 5.41

The sportsscience stuff is always fun.

In the draft though if you can get basically the same guy at pick 41 that you can get at 9, you don't take Eric Ebron at 9 when you can get one of the 5 below at #41

repost:

There is absolutely nothing special about Eric Ebron compared to the other TEs in his class.

Which one of these TEs would you like:

(The Stats are from their last college season.)

Height Weight 40 Time Reps Vert Jump Arm Length Hand Size Rec Yards TD Drop %

6/5 265 4.74 28 33 34 9 98 1240 7 7.69

6/4 250 4.6 24 32 33.25 10 55 895 3 11.43

6/6 265 4.76 25 31.5 33 10.25 26 253 6 DNQ

6/7 270 4.86 27 32 34.12 10 28 422 5 8.57

6/6 262 4.75 20 DNQ 33.75 9.75 36 450 8 5.41

I agree. ASJ or Amaro would be awesome in the 2nd. I would definitely attempt to trade down if everyone is picked clean by 9 & try to pick up additional picks. Ebron doesn't strike me as a top 10 talent.

This is a valid concern. My only counter would be that Clowney only had 3 sacks this year & a couple years ago, Calvin Johnson had 5 tds. I'm guessing Ebron was a focal point of defensive game plans.

Ebron has plenty of holes in his game. Hes a great prospect but he certainly isnt a cant miss.

Yeah EJ was 2nd ranked in accuracy ,only to be beat by Andrew Luck on sports science. How did that workout ? Say no to Ebron at nine.

According to your logic we should forfeit all our picks because you can find a bust in every round at every position over the history of the draft so lets play it safe and just not draft anyone. That way nobody we draft will bust because we wont pick anyone to bust. Edited by DOGNESS

Ebron has plenty of holes in his game. Hes a great prospect but he certainly isnt a cant miss.

According to your logic we should forfeit all our picks because you can find a bust in every round at every position over the history of the draft so lets play it safe and just not draft anyone. That way nobody we draft will bust because we wont pick anyone to bust.

What you posted is not following any type of logic by anyone.

This is the pick I want. He'll be there at 9, so we don't need to trade up. He is a guy we do not have on this roster and could make an immediate impact. He can line up at WR or TE, he makes defenses game plan for him, he is special. We have the luxury to take a TE at 9 because of the moves we made last year in the draft and this year in FA. I love it. He will make EJ's life much easier. He adds a dimension to the offense that we don't have currently. He is 21 and will only get better.

I love Evans too, but Ebron fills two areas of upgrade - big WR and athletic TE. And we have a very good WR corp as it is.

Was just watching Ebron on DraftBreakdown.com and yes he is fast, has great RAC , and can at times make the spectacular catch on the other hand he doesn't block, loafs when the play isn't to him and drops a lot of balls that should be caught - if you are one of the fans who turned on SJ for his drops then this guy is going to drive you crazy.

This is a valid concern. My only counter would be that Clowney only had 3 sacks this year & a couple years ago, Calvin Johnson had 5 tds. I'm guessing Ebron was a the focal point of defensive game plans.

Well that backup QB did throw for 10 TDs in those games. None of which were to Ebron.

See above. I am just fine if Ebron on the field ---> TDs for our WRs