Kelly is a tough son of a ---

New here -- just want to say the Jim Kelly health situation brought me here. Never before has an athlete's health struggles hit me in what feels like such a personal way. Thanks for passing along the news, good and bad, and for being a great Bills -- and JK -- support network. (I grew up in Buffalo, first NFL game at the old War Memorial, moved away decades ago but still buy the Sunday Ticket package to torture myself with the Bills every Sunday)

New here -- just want to say the Jim Kelly health situation brought me here. Never before has an athlete's health struggles hit me in what feels like such a personal way. Thanks for passing along the news, good and bad, and for being a great Bills -- and JK -- support network. (I grew up in Buffalo, first NFL game at the old War Memorial, moved away decades ago but still buy the Sunday Ticket package to torture myself with the Bills every Sunday)

Same here...............Welcome aboard! My first game was at the Rockpile, too. Probably saw 6 or 7 of them there.

Thanks for asking the question. I just saw the "3...2...1...locked" comment as well. What did I do wrong?

Mods just try to control the amount of duplicate threads.

If you've ever posted in BB.com the amount of duplicate threads makes it practically impossible to carry on with any kind of dialogue/discussion.

I understand the volume of Jim Kelly threads, specifically the topics regarding his health and current fight with cancer. If needed to be merged, good deal. However, I feel the below article deserved a thread due to the example of how tough Jim Kelly really is....Not only tough, but committed to those around him.

I remember this night, not because I attended the event - that didn't happen, but because I actually spoke to Jim Kelly that evening. My Father-In-Law is a photographer in the Mississippi area and he actually did go to the fundraising dinner in honor of Kent Hull and the new Top Collegiate Mississippi OL award.

Long story, short.....My Father-In-Law somehow managed to get Jim Kelly (on my Father-In-Law's cell phone) to talk to me. Jim Kelly got on the phone and said, "Hey, this Doug Flutie....Just kidding, it's Jim Kelly". Sitting in my living room, multiple states away - later in the evening - I was stunned. The conversation was short, but memorable. He certainly did not sound like a guy dealing with hardships described in the article.

Not that I, or we, need another reason....But this demonstrates why we continue to admire, root, and pull for Jim.

http://djournal.com/sports/rick-cleveland-tough-guy-quarterback-jim-kelly-fight-life/