Raiders Release OG Mike Brisiel

i know you are joking, but c'mon, like pff or not and you can agree that a -21.8 should be atleast a little cause for worry.

Sure, a little cause...for folks to have total meltdowns over a PFF grade makes little sense to me. I mean, I look at Carolina and their #7 PFF ranking, with Jordan Gross, Travelle Wharton, and Ryan Kalil at or near the top of their respective position groups, and they average an identical 4.2 YPC to Buffalo and allow 5 fewer sacks all season.

PFF grades are just a number; they need to be taken as a small part of an evaluation, not as an end-all, be-all. Obviously you aren't a guilty party in that regard...I think it's far more valuable to watch the players (especially if you have Game Rewind) and form your own opinion.

Anyway, getting back to the thread: Brisiel would be a quality OG that could potentially come cheap.

Sure, a little cause...for folks to have total meltdowns over a PFF grade makes little sense to me. I mean, I look at Carolina and their #7 PFF ranking, with Jordan Gross, Travelle Wharton, and Ryan Kalil at or near the top of their respective position groups, and they average an identical 4.2 YPC to Buffalo and allow 5 fewer sacks all season.

PFF grades are just a number; they need to be taken as a small part of an evaluation, not as an end-all, be-all. Obviously you aren't a guilty party in that regard...I think it's far more valuable to watch the players (especially if you have Game Rewind) and form your own opinion.

Anyway, getting back to the thread: Brisiel would be a quality OG that could potentially come cheap.

Git er done.

i know you are joking, but c'mon, like pff or not and you can agree that a -21.8 should be atleast a little cause for worry.

That's how I feel. They signed Chris Williams and I didn't know much about him other than he was a 1st rd. pick. He graded out pretty poorly. Even if it is a little off he has to be a below average - bad football player.

That's how I feel. They signed Chris Williams and I didn't know much about him other than he was a 1st rd. pick. He graded out pretty poorly. Even if it is a little off he has to be a below average - bad football player.

You base this, right, on the PFF rating? r because he was cut by the Bears?

Obviously, the Bills FO did not agree. So, my question for you would be, "Have you looked through film/watched the guy play?" If not, how can you be SO sure the guy is a "bad football player"? Just as an example of my point, last year the Colts gave up on Jerry Hughes, a former 1st round pick. He wasn't released per se but the trade was for a player the Bills were planning on cutting (White). He turned out all right wouldn't you say? I am not saying you are wrong - Williams may end up being bad but not only do the Bills disagree they paid him millions to come here. I am only questioning how certain you seem by not calling him mediocre but "bad".

Obviously, the Bills FO did not agree. So, my question for you would be, "Have you looked through film/watched the guy play?" If not, how can you be SO sure the guy is a "bad football player"? Just as an example of my point, last year the Colts gave up on Jerry Hughes, a former 1st round pick. He wasn't released per se but the trade was for a player the Bills were planning on cutting (White). He turned out all right wouldn't you say? I am not saying you are wrong - Williams may end up being bad but not only do the Bills disagree they paid him millions to come here. I am only questioning how certain you seem by not calling him mediocre but "bad".

because he has played poorly. and hughes had played poorly.

hopefully he has a turnaround like hughes did, and hopefully hughes continues his success. though i suppose its been hashed out many times over in williams threads and doesnt have a home here.

PFF, he graded out terribly. If he was a negative 5 or something you could make the case that maybe he is around average. At a -21.3 or whatever it was it is tough to make an argument that he had a decent year. That is worse than Legursky I believe. It is tough to argue with a great score or an awful score. I am not saying that there is a huge difference between a +3 and a -3 but there is a huge difference in a +3 and a -21. He was the lowest graded player on Rams (at least the lowest graded that played).

Hughes was traded for Sheppard. Thad Lewis was traded for Chris White.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

We do

This is important to remember actually . So thank you for this. Marrones/Hacketts offense needs specific players for what tthey want to run. Of course , right ?

But they need to be big . Bills want to be able to run the ball when they wish . Correcting the players from last years playcalling .

Zone blocking.

We better start nailing the screens and get Fred and CJ and Goodwin some space