Buffalo Bills Fan Advisory Board meeting 4/10

Study a playbook with a former backup QB. Oh wait.....

there ya go Jay! Take it to the bank!!!

I love that idea. You could go in a film room prepping for your game with the last assignments and pregame. Billy Joe gets up to go over WR reads, and Bryce Paul stands up to go over defensive calls, etc

Maybe not every game but it'd be awesome to do that. Hell, I'd probably pay a few bucks for it, but something reasonable. Make it 45 minutes, including the warmup pass and catch and blocking sled or something for a little bit. On could run 4 groups an hour at 15 min staggers.

Start with pregame film, then go to on the field warmup, then getting dressed, pregame talk and take the field thru a special interest where your name is called and all!!! "Starting at LB #√, Jay Rosenrosen." Finally, inally get your picture taken for $35 in your Bills gear (maybe even a personalized jersey they can make right there?!?) Of some Bills shorts, tee, and ball cap! Call it the Bills Game day Experience. Richard Petty has it. Why not the Bills?!?

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I always thought would be cool is get videos of players on the jumbotron, like when the defense is on the field, it'd be a player making motions that he can't hear you (cupping his hand to his ear). And when offense is on, they'd be doing the shush motion (finger to lips).

Study a playbook with a former backup QB. Oh wait.....

Wait, the unwashed masses don't have this? We have it in the clubs.

I started bringing a handheld radio to the games just for this reason.

So the meeting was held in the media room where the post-game interviews are done. Pretty cool to see.

First item was a presentation by the local head of Delaware North, who run the food and retail operations at the stadium. He talked at length about how the stadium renovations would affect things for fans:

- No fewer than 6 registers at each stand

- POS systems installed at all stands, meaning credit cards will be accepted

- Current portable stands are being built in to the existing areas as beer-only lines, should improve traffic flow in concourses and limit the water drippage etc.

- New East End Lounge "sports bar" will only be able to sell beer due to the license it has to be under

- All new equipment at all concession stands with more ability to actually prepare food so more options than pre-made burgers/dogs type stuff.

- New In-Stadium team store will be accessible from outside pre-game with doors into stadium locked. Once game starts, outside doors will be locked and inside doors opened to allow shopping from inside the stadium.

Other updates from renovations:

- Yes, game audio will be in every lavatory

- Unsure if Wi-Fi improvements will be available for this season - concentrating on Wi-Fi requirements for gates and concession stands first and it's proving tougher than they anticipated

- Weather put a bit of a delay on things but they do expect the place to be habitable by the first preseason game

Some other game-day changes:

- Tablets have been approved to be brought into the stadium

- Removing seating in first 2 rows behind each bench, hoping to alleviate complaints about "excessive standing"

Meeting went 45 minutes longer than scheduled and we still have lots of ideas to talk about. I did talk to director of ticket operations about group ticket purchase options and will be continuing that discussion so stay tuned, as it will apply to the TBD tailgate :)

Met Hammer for a beer at Big Tree afterwards, and who sits down next to me but Ruben Brown. He's a good dude. His yearly bike run is coming up, and he's also looking at some event options for the Bills/Bears game in Chicago next season.

Thanks for the report Jay.

Re: the removal of the first two rows of seating behind the benches, do you know if that's going to cause a domino effect relocation of lots of season ticket holders?

actually he said about 200 "real" ticket holders and lots of player family seats nearby that are easier to move

Thanks for the report Jay.

Re: the removal of the first two rows of seating behind the benches, do you know if that's going to cause a domino effect relocation of lots of season ticket holders?

Thats a good question. But, overall i think that is a great idea to remove the seats. I know its not a ton of seats in the scheme of 68K, but none the less Bills taking a hit financially to improve stadium experience. I say Bravo!

Now for what really interest me...what do you mean on the beer only stands. Not quite sure i follow.

Thank you much for the update..sounds great.

Only negative i think is the doors on the store being locked. Every other place i have been would have locked the doors on the OUTSIDE game day, not the other way around. Kinda like security at the airport, people want to be inside and know they will not miss kickoff. I may be wrong on this, but i have a feeling that somehow this will change.

plenzmd1 - I believe Jay is talking about having "beer only" stands separate from the food concessions as a means to separate out fans that only want to get beer. And the Sports Bar (I don;t think you were asking about that but..) will only sell beer (and not hard liquor).

As to the store, the doors will allow shoppers to shop without having tickets etc prior to kickoff. I assume the store will temporarily close just before kickoff to clear everyone out. Then after kickoff, the doors will open for fans inside the stadium. If you leave to the outside, that would mean you can't re-enter.

Is this still confusing?

I am disappointed, BTW, they do not expect to get WIFI working in the seat sections this year. It should not be that difficult networking- wise. They may be worried about piggy-backers outside the stadium or having security issues. Typical.

plenzmd1 - I believe Jay is talking about having "beer only" stands separate from the food concessions as a means to separate out fans that only want to get beer. And the Sports Bar (I don;t think you were asking about that but..) will only sell beer (and not hard liquor).

As to the store, the doors will allow shoppers to shop without having tickets etc prior to kickoff. I assume the store will temporarily close just before kickoff to clear everyone out. Then after kickoff, the doors will open for fans inside the stadium. If you leave to the outside, that would mean you can't re-enter.

Is this still confusing?

I am disappointed, BTW, they do not expect to get WIFI working in the seat sections this year. It should not be that difficult networking- wise. They may be worried about piggy-backers outside the stadium or having security issues. Typical.

Better description of the locking scheme. They just don't want to deal with people without tickets getting into the stadium. And yes, those would be not as much beer-only stands, but beer-only LINES at each concession stand.

As for the Wi-Fi - it's not a done deal yet that we in the stands won't see improvement this year, but I guess all the wiring is proving difficult with all the cement.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Thanks Mr Rosenrosen

I hope they have something planned for RCW Jr at the Monday night opener.

Turn the lights out. Have a young Ralph on the sideline or something on the screen. Get some emotion going.

Edited by jboyst62

Thanks Mr Rosenrosen

I hope they have something planned for RCW Jr at the Monday night opener.

Turn the lights out. Have a young Ralph on the sideline or something on the screen. Get some emotion going.

Oh you know they will. I did prod a little about the possibility of the opener being MNF. They all said they hope not but didn't tip their hand if they already know. They did put the Packers and MNF in a couple of examples of things so that sounds pretty definite but that being the opener is only coming from one guy who is usually pretty good with that stuff.

As for the Wi-Fi - it's not a done deal yet that we in the stands won't see improvement this year, but I guess all the wiring is proving difficult with all the cement.

Well wifi for 50,000 ish people is no simple task. The radio stuff (wiring etc. around the stadium) is the simple part. You need a really REALLY fat pipe if that many people are going to be using it at the same time. Particularly if they plan on enhancing the "game day experience" in the stadium by providing access to replays and other video.

Better description of the locking scheme. They just don't want to deal with people without tickets getting into the stadium. And yes, those would be not as much beer-only stands, but beer-only LINES at each concession stand.

Thanks Jay..that's what i was hoping for in terms of the beer lines.I have been saying for years, should be beer only lines. Now, if they can just be prepped for after after 1st and 2nd qtr and have several (50-100) lined up behind each line ...now thats Nirvana!

In terms of the store, i guess some folks will want to go early and then bring purchases back to car...but i think the great majority of folks would rather be insdie and through the lines already, and then can shop at leisure. No one wants to shop at the store during the game, they want to shop before the game or after. I for one want to be through the lines and in the stadium.

I think the trip back to the car will almost be mandatory considering the ban on so much stuff and size of package you can bring into stadium.

My gut tells me this policy will be reversed after the first year, but i could be wrong.

Edited by plenzmd1

I am also pretty worried about the removal of the first two rows of seating, as I am in row 3 behind the bench... Would be GREAT to be in the new front row, I but I will still be the 3rd row, but just in the old 5th row...

Jay, Have any insight on that?

ok, this just in...

Just spoke with my ticket rep, she said that I would be the new 1st row. Hope that helps others!

I am also pretty worried about the removal of the first two rows of seating, as I am in row 3 behind the bench... Would be GREAT to be in the new front row, I but I will still be the 3rd row, but just in the old 5th row...

Jay, Have any insight on that?

ok, this just in...

Just spoke with my ticket rep, she said that I would be the new 1st row. Hope that helps others!

You now have great responsibility ..you stand up, row 40 standing up....So make sure to keep your ass seated!!!! JK

Edited by plenzmd1