Here's your veteran backup QB <edit>Fitzgibbons released

Rubes

Have you people forgotten all of the games we could have/would have won with even decent QB play? I can think of several games, like the pick he threw against the Giants that cost the game, and then the Giants won the Super Bowl! Just one of many. Thanks, but I would take J.P. Losman over Fitz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you people forgotten all of the games we could have/would have won with even decent QB play? I can think of several games, like the pick he threw against the Giants that cost the game, and then the Giants won the Super Bowl! Just one of many. Thanks, but I would take J.P. Losman over Fitz

You mean the games we could have won with decent QB play in 2013?

1) The Bills are not still paying him. The 7 million cap number is the remainder of the 10 million of the money already paid to him when he signed.

2) The Bills still thought enough of him to want to keep him on a reworked deal and gave him some time to let him consider his options. He sought a better opportunity elsewhere for pretty much the same deal he would have gotten from the Bills.

3) He can play well enough to make his teammates look good but ultimately he will screw up about 50% of the time in the clutch, His teammates would screw up 50% of the time and a 25% success rate in the clutch will get a coach fired.

4) He's about the best veteran backup EJ could have. He could win some games if needed especially if the defense and special teams do their part. I would feel good about having his voice in EJ's ear about how to conduct himself as a team leader.

5) The Bills would be a better team in 2014 with him in the QB room and that's the only thing that should matter.

Look, the way EJ gets hurt, the Bills backup will be the Bills starter a lot. Are we ready to go back to the future, with Fitz handing off to Spiller or passing to Stevie or Chandler? The only difference is everyone is two years older and the O-line is much worse.

That is some funny stuff. LOL

The one advantage I see in Fitz, in all seriousness would be less likely to have a QB controversy. If EJ plays bad, few people would be screaming for Fitz to play, where as if they sign Vick or the guy who went to Tampa, could be more of a distraction

1) The Bills are not still paying him. The 7 million cap number is the remainder of the 10 million of the money already paid to him when he signed.

2) The Bills still thought enough of him to want to keep him on a reworked deal and gave him some time to let him consider his options. He sought a better opportunity elsewhere for pretty much the same deal he would have gotten from the Bills.

3) He can play well enough to make his teammates look good but ultimately he will screw up about 50% of the time in the clutch, His teammates would screw up 50% of the time and a 25% success rate in the clutch will get a coach fired.

4) He's about the best veteran backup EJ could have. He could win some games if needed especially if the defense and special teams do their part. I would feel good about having his voice in EJ's ear about how to conduct himself as a team leader.

5) The Bills would be a better team in 2014 with him in the QB room and that's the only thing that should matter.

The one advantage I see in Fitz, in all seriousness would be less likely to have a QB controversy. If EJ plays bad, few people would be screaming for Fitz to play, where as if they sign Vick or the guy who went to Tampa, could be more of a distraction

Are you kidding me? Have you read this board? I swear there are guys in here who sleep in Fitz jerseys. That ship has thankfully sailed. Move on, man.

Are you kidding me? Have you read this board? I swear there are guys in here who sleep in Fitz jerseys. That ship has thankfully sailed. Move on, man.

People live in fear of growing as a team. There's no better mentor than Fitz, that's a fact.

There's no better mentor than Fitz, that's a fact.

FC strikes again! What is it that fitz can pass on to a qb ? How to throw ints w game on line? How to grow a beard and wear nerdy t shirts? Maybe he can show him how to lose to sea and SF by 100 points again. Watch nyg/buff game to see ole rag arm throw away a game if ya need proof.

A final farewell to the cannon. What a lucky sob to get a contract for throwing a football without an arm, Ivy League taught him well.

FC strikes again! What is it that fitz can pass on to a qb ? How to throw ints w game on line? How to grow a beard and wear nerdy t shirts? Maybe he can show him how to lose to sea and SF by 100 points again. Watch nyg/buff game to see ole rag arm throw away a game if ya need proof.

A final farewell to the cannon. What a lucky sob to get a contract for throwing a football without an arm, Ivy League taught him well.

That is utterly hysterical! How soon some people forget how rotten he really was. Two years ago in the opening game against the Jets, I new the season was doomed by halftime, mostly by his horrific play.

One of the best days in franchise was when he was released, by to quote Buddy, "Ryynns our guuyyy!"

People live in fear of growing as a team. There's no better mentor than Fitz, that's a fact.

Since this is "fact", please provide empirical evidence. Who has Fitz mentored successfully in his life? Some guy who wants advice on how to eat a 72 oz steak?

Stop, man. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself yet again.

Since this is "fact", please provide empirical evidence. Who has Fitz mentored successfully in his life? Some guy who wants advice on how to eat a 72 oz steak?

Stop, man. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself yet again.

I should stop posting at 4 am. Beerball's right.