Please be careful this weekend..

njsue

A real potent Noreaster is heading to the east coast. Expected to dump up to 18 inches in the new jersey area.

All those in the area of this storms track. Be careful. Dont over do it.

The Buffalo Bills need all of the 12th man intact for next season.

Thanx Sue. Im not in the 18" area but im in Spfld mass where is expected around 10".

214317[/snapback]

I'm in Minnesota, and we have about 2-3"... And apparantly traffic sucks. My wife's stuck on the highway and has spent about an hour to go a few miles. *sigh*

Stupid Minnesotans.

On the bright side, we're going to see the Minnesota Swarm play the Buffalo Bandits (assuming the game isn't cancelled or something). Should be fun, if we get there before it starts :blink:

CW

A NOREASTER tears up the eastern seaboard. This is the worst. A storm with gale force winds plus heavy snow.

What is worse a NOREASTER or Lake effect snow?

214420[/snapback]

Are you really trying to tell people from Buffalo that a Noreaster is worse then the blizzards Buffalo gets? :blink: 2001 Buffalo had 35+ inches in 24 hours and over 5 feet in a 4 day period. Buffalo gets blasted with winds off the lake. I saw the Blizzard of 77 firsthand. But you are right- a breezy day in Jersey with 10 inches of snow is worse :doh:

From weather.com:

...MONROE-NIAGARA-ORLEANS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF MEDINA... NIAGARA FALLS AND ROCHESTER 401 PM EST FRI JAN 21 2005

... WINTER STORM WARNING SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO NY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD NORTHEAST INTO THE REGION BY NOON SATURDAY AND CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY NIGHT. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 16 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY LATE SATURDAY NIGHT. NORTHEAST WINDS OF 15 TO 20 MPH SATURDAY AFTERNOON ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH SATURDAY NIGHT PRODUCING NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. WIND CHILLS VALUES WILL BE AS LOW AS 10 BELOW ZERO.

It's -7 degrees right now.

...this is more an Alberta clipper than a true Nor'easter but the result will be pretty much the same. We're expecting 10 to 14" here in Lancaster County, Pennsyltucky starting Saturday morning and picking up steam during the afternoon. One to two inches an hour forecast. Got my provisions and my shovels.

Jesus- you Easterners need to chill out. I got just over 7 feet of snow at my house in Southern California over the past 3 weeks and I didn't even hire any kids to help me shovel out the driveway (and I'm an old timer based on TSW standards). But it did hit 55 today so I'll probably do some sunning tomorrow ;-)

Jesus- you Easterners need to chill out. I got just over 7 feet of snow at my house in Southern California over the past 3 weeks and I didn't even hire any kids to help me shovel out the driveway (and I'm an old timer based on TSW standards). But it did hit 55 today so I'll probably do some sunning tomorrow ;-)

214519[/snapback]

Easterners? Non New Yorkers you mean. Excluding downstate of course. Notice, you don't see them worrying.

I actually do need some bread and milk as we are almost out, but I don't want to run to the store looking like a southern smuck. :blink:

Up to 2 feet in 24 hours? Bring on the flurries!

Call me when you get 7 feet of snow in 5 days. I'll come help you shovel. 18 inches in Buffalo is nothing. Supposed to get 10 inches tommorrow and nobody even as much shined their snow shovel. Good Luck and be safe.

So post your phone number. I will take you up on your offer.