Please be careful this weekend..

njsue

Jesus- you Easterners need to chill out. I got just over 7 feet of snow at my house in Southern California over the past 3 weeks and I didn't even hire any kids to help me shovel out the driveway (and I'm an old timer based on TSW standards). But it did hit 55 today so I'll probably do some sunning tomorrow ;-)

214519[/snapback]

Easterners? You mean NJSue. Bring on the snow!

At least the Western NY municipalities have snow removal built into their budgets. So they have snow removal equipment up the ying yang, and salt trucks and plows in round the clock shifts. That's great. They even plow the sidewalks with tractor plows.

Much of the eastern seaboard that is outside the snow belt of the Great Lakes doesn't get snow by the foot. So they don't plan for it, and when a "big" storm hits, it's a big deal. Nobody knows how to drive in the stuff. It's on the highways forever because there's no equipment to remove it except for the Interstates. But that doesn't stop the 4WD SUV crowd from doing a macho-macho gumball rally impersonation. Usually they end up rolled over in the median and often take out a couple of other cars with them on their careening path to oblivion. That's when things get really nice on the Interstates, and traffic gets backed up for miles/hours. Unbelievable.

Be thankful that WNYers know what snow tires are. Me, I'm thankful that Liquor stores are open on Sundays in NJ. :blink:

They're now saying 15-24" here with wind chill temps in the negative double digits.

Bah. We get one or two of these things a year. Stay inside and feed the wood stove if you're smart enough to have one. For afterwards, a 4x4 Jeep. But yes, that's good advice to stay safe and drive carefully if you have to. People here pretty much know how to drive in it. Until you get some schmuck with N.C. license plates.

In '78, when I was a gleam in my pop's eye, the snow was actually over the roofline. There's pictures to prove it. I'll still take a little snow any day over hurricanes, floods, and mudslides.

A real potent Noreaster is heading to the east coast. Expected to dump up to 18 inches in the new jersey area.

All those in the area of this storms track. Be careful. Dont over do it.

The Buffalo Bills need all of the 12th man intact for next season.

214315[/snapback]

Please allow me ...

A real potent Noreaster is heading to the east coast, expected to dump up to 18 inches in the New Jersey area.

All those in the area of this storm's track, be careful. Don't over do it.

The Buffalo Bills need all of the 12th man intact for next season.