Selfish Stevie Tweet

None of them are the best at their position.

Mario Williams is pretty frickin' close, and he wasn't asked to stay here, he was actually lured here.

So how many playoffs or winning seasons has that crew got ya?

How many winning seasons did the Niners have pre-Harbaugh? Much of the same crew.

This is the most tired criticism that gets trotted out here.

Mario Williams is pretty frickin' close, and he wasn't asked to stay here, he was actually lured here.

How many winning seasons did the Niners have pre-Harbaugh? Much of the same crew.

This is the most tired criticism that gets trotted out here.

I didn't see Mario listed and this was about resigning players. red mor beter.

Edited by NDBUFFCUSEFAN

I didn't see Mario listed and this was about resigning players. red mor beter.

I know Mario wasn't listed. I listed him. And I didn't see where Biscuit's statement was exclusively about re-signing players (you can read it. It wasn't). He said "get players who want to be here." Just pointing out that a premier player wanted to be here. Not sure what you're getting at.

I do not get the tendency on this board to eat our own - I am referring to players like Stevie and CJ who really seem to enjoy playing for the Bills (and guys like Aaron Williams and Leodis before).

Just my two cents.

I don't get it.

Permit me to translate:

"Although I am currently in California, I find myself missing Buffalo. Shout-out to Toronto, too. OTAs will start soon, see you then! Until then, here's a fond memory of me bouncing into the stands to give back to the fans after a TD"

The OP's sarcasm meter was pegged in the red when he coined the title

So how many playoffs or winning seasons has that crew got ya?

Buffalo just needs to be luckier, that's all. The Patriots have been lucky pretty much every year winning the AFCE because they lucked into a 6th round HOF QB and a HOF HC.

None of them are the best at their position.

If you think Jairus Byrd is worth $9 mil a season and is the best safety out there, then you're delusional. Fred Jackson IS worth a pay raise if he asked for one, Byrd is NOT, flat out. Now, it is moot. Finally.

Edited by BmoreBills

If you think Jairus Byrd is worth $9 mil a season and it the best, then you're delusional. Fred Jackson IS worth a pay raise if he asked for one, Byrd is NOT, flat out. Now, it is moot. Finally.

Give pay raises to old RBs on their last legs, let go All Pro playes, GENIUS!!!

Give pay raises to old RBs on their last legs, let go All Pro playes, GENIUS!!!

All Pro based on past reputation, not PRESENT play... sounds so familiar. Fred Jackson has heart and has given everything to be the best RB even after we got CJ. Byrd was a selfish, overrated jerk who sat and pouted with some "foot injury" like a B@#!@, and now he's someone else's problem. DELUSIONAL.

All Pro based on past reputation, not PRESENT play... sounds so familiar. Fred Jackson has heart and has given everything to be the best RB even after we got CJ. Byrd was a selfish, overrated jerk who sat and pouted with some "foot injury" like a B@#!@, and now he's someone else's problem. DELUSIONAL.

WHAT??? Put down the labatts and think clearly. Byrd is far more valuable than FJax, that is not a knock a Freddie. If heart and soul won Super Bowls I would give a **** about it but it doesn't, talent wins.

WHAT??? Put down the labatts and think clearly. Byrd is far more valuable than FJax, that is not a knock a Freddie. If heart and soul won Super Bowls I would give a **** about it but it doesn't, talent wins.

You think Freddy is not talented!?! That's hilarious, and proves my point. We're not going to get more wins with "All Pro" "$9 mil a season" "invaluable" safeties like Byrd.... nope. BTW, the best safety in the league plays in a Chiefs uniform, and he's not a b#!!@ and a jerk and selfish. Easy day.

You think Freddy is not talented!?! That's hilarious, and proves my point. We're not going to get more wins with "All Pro" "$9 mil a season" "invaluable" safeties like Byrd.... nope. BTW, the best safety in the league plays in a Chiefs uniform, and he's not a b#!!@ and a jerk and selfish. Easy day.

Where did I say he was not talented? You are delusional and need to take a step back, the Bills will have cap space to sign Byrd once the season starts and Byrd will be a superior player to whomever replaces him.

Where did I say he was not talented? You are delusional and need to take a step back, the Bills will have cap space to sign Byrd once the season starts and Byrd will be a superior player to whomever replaces him.

You said you didn't care that Freddie had heart, because heart doesn't win championships, talent wins. That implies you think freddie is all heart and no/little talent.

This team has had some good talent on it, but not in the right spots. We have had a pro bowl safety on the roster for years and never got into the playoffs. More important positions out there we could upgrade. Whoever replaces Byrd won't be as good as him, but honestly, those games last season byrd missed, I hardly believe that adding him to those games turns them into Ws. I would rather the bills upgrade 3 positions and have some drop off at saftety than pay Byrd 9 mill a year. A couple weeks ago I would have been ok with it, but now hearing that are available cap was way less than we thought, I say thanks but no thanks

You said you didn't care that Freddie had heart, because heart doesn't win championships, talent wins. That implies you think freddie is all heart and no/little talent.

This team has had some good talent on it, but not in the right spots. We have had a pro bowl safety on the roster for years and never got into the playoffs. More important positions out there we could upgrade. Whoever replaces Byrd won't be as good as him, but honestly, those games last season byrd missed, I hardly believe that adding him to those games turns them into Ws. I would rather the bills upgrade 3 positions and have some drop off at saftety than pay Byrd 9 mill a year. A couple weeks ago I would have been ok with it, but now hearing that are available cap was way less than we thought, I say thanks but no thanks

A lot of posters here have remarked about FJaxs heart, he isn't the most talented back in the league but he does everything well and gives it all. Cap is less because of signing AW and I will be shocked if the Bills end next season with less than 9 million in cap space which means they could have kept Byrd and not hurt anything else. If they extend Dareus, CJ, Gilmore or any other young guys with the $$ saved it will be worth it. If they keep rolling it over while letting valuable players leave then it is business as usual at TBD.

A lot of posters here have remarked about FJaxs heart, he isn't the most talented back in the league but he does everything well and gives it all. Cap is less because of signing AW and I will be shocked if the Bills end next season with less than 9 million in cap space which means they could have kept Byrd and not hurt anything else. If they extend Dareus, CJ, Gilmore or any other young guys with the $$ saved it will be worth it. If they keep rolling it over while letting valuable players leave then it is business as usual at TBD.

Its not just because of the AW signing. There was like a 10 mill difference. The bills sign lots of their good players, but they can't keep them all. Look at the pats* losing Welker and talib to a conference rival, look at all the talent the saints dumped and replaced it with Byrd and a pissed off graham with no contract yet. Steelers losing Wallace and Sanders. Even good teams lose good players. The bills keep more good players than they lose. And by good I mean good, not great or super great. That hasnt been the bills problem with the most recent regime. Their problem has been questionable coaching and bad QB play, which is the hallmark of any bad NFL team.

As much as I like Byrd, losing him doesn't set us back very far. If they add another good linebacker this off-season, this defense will probably be even better than last year, even minus Byrd.

Its not just because of the AW signing. There was like a 10 mill difference. The bills sign lots of their good players, but they can't keep them all. Look at the pats* losing Welker and talib to a conference rival, look at all the talent the saints dumped and replaced it with Byrd and a pissed off graham with no contract yet. Steelers losing Wallace and Sanders. Even good teams lose good players. The bills keep more good players than they lose. And by good I mean good, not great or super great. That hasnt been the bills problem with the most recent regime. Their problem has been questionable coaching and bad QB play, which is the hallmark of any bad NFL team.

As much as I like Byrd, losing him doesn't set us back very far. If they add another good linebacker this off-season, this defense will probably be even better than last year, even minus Byrd.

Those teams cycle talent, the Bills talent flows one way for the most part. The Bills D will not be better without Byrd unless there is some radical changes made. I agree on QB play and HC but the surrounding talent hasn't been there for the most part as well.