Bears o release Peppers

Bears are set to release Peppers if they cannot find a trade partner. I for one would be willing to take a shot at Peppers for he right price. We already have Mario Williams on one side, and Peppers is another guy who rushes the passer and stops the run.

Go Bills!!!

This is what I don't get, fans want us to go after him because he is a 'Name'. Do the Bears want to win their division, get in the playoffs and get to and win a Superbowl? If they thought peppers would help them achieve this, do you not think they would restructure his deal and keep him? He is an older guy with TONS of mileage on him and if he could help Chicago he would still be there.

This is what I don't get, fans want us to go after him because he is a 'Name'. Do the Bears want to win their division, get in the playoffs and get to and win a Superbowl? If they thought peppers would help them achieve this, do you not think they would restructure his deal and keep him? He is an older guy with TONS of mileage on him and if he could help Chicago he would still be there.

From what I understand the Bears are releasing Peppers because they want the cap room and no longer believe he is worth 'superstar money' not because he has no value to the team. Peppers was a solid player last year- not the same guy as previous years- but he wasn't a bum.

Though it probably isn't smart for the bills to take a flyer on peppers due to his age, it would be pretty amazing to see a D line of Peppers, K. Williams, Dareus, and M. Williams (at least on paper).

From what I understand the Bears are releasing Peppers because they want the cap room and no longer believe he is worth 'superstar money' not because he has no value to the team. Peppers was a solid player last year- not the same guy as previous years- but he wasn't a bum.

Though it probably isn't smart for the bills to take a flyer on peppers due to his age, it would be pretty amazing to see a D line of Peppers, K. Williams, Dareus, and M. Williams (at least on paper).

Peppers was absolutely invisible for multiple game stretches last year while only seeing one on one blocking. He's over the hill IMO. I would definitely pass on him.

Unless he declines the new deal, of course. Then your theory doesn't hold much water.

To the OP, I find most free agent threads start with "at the right price" but nearly none actually name a price that would be right. Only a small portion that do name a realistic price. What is your number if you want it done?

Peppers was absolutely invisible for multiple game stretches last year while only seeing one on one blocking. He's over the hill IMO. I would definitely pass on him.

My best friend is a huge Bears fan. He makes the same complaints about him, that Bills fans (and Texans fans before them) make about Mario. He is so good at times, but an invisible non-factor at other times. It would be nice to have another stud DE opposite Mario. That D-line would be, by far, the best in the league IMO. A strong front four can mask other problems.

Do you think the Bills didn't really want Byrd? Or, do you think they didn't want him at his price? Teams cut good players all the time for salary cap reasons...the Bears, for the first time, that I can remember, are shifting toward being (or trying to) an offense first team...they want to spend money on protecting Cutler..it doesn't mean that Peppers has no value.

Could OP get the thread title to say "planning to" or "look like they are going to"? I really thought Peppers was already on the market based on the title.

Does it really bother you? I mean....It really seems like it wrecked your day. Were you excited of the possibility? Extremely disappointed? It appears to have been a typo regarding the OP's title. It'll be okay.

2 yrs 6 mil for peppers......you need to send your personal info to ralph wilson and apply for a job.....just because the bears cant afford a 15million dollar cap hit doesnt mean peepers is a bum......granted hes not the same guy he was when he signed for 100 million but hes worth a hell of a lot more then 2 friggin years at 3 mil per.....gimmie a break

My right price would be something like 2yrs $6mil. I truly believe that he is worth that much and we could get enough value for that amount

You think we'd get him for a million less than Manny Lawson? You seem to think 3 million is a large offer by saying "I truly believe he is worth that much".

I had the pleasure of seeing Peppers live at UNC and at Carolina while I lived in Charlotte...I probably saw every game he played in College and his first 8 years in the NFL...He was an absolutely amazing player in his prime...Huge, fast, and powerful...What a special player...

His play has really fallen off in the past year or two...I can't believe he's 34 years old...Good grief where does the time go?... :cry:

Do you think the Bills didn't really want Byrd? Or, do you think they didn't want him at his price? Teams cut good players all the time for salary cap reasons...the Bears, for the first time, that I can remember, are shifting toward being (or trying to) an offense first team...they want to spend money on protecting Cutler..it doesn't mean that Peppers has no value.

My man, you don't seem to "get it". When the Bills let a player walk it's because they're inept, when another team does it it's because they are being smart. It's pretty simple.

Does it really bother you? I mean....It really seems like it wrecked your day. Were you excited of the possibility? Extremely disappointed? It appears to have been a typo regarding the OP's title. It'll be okay.

You obviously have the power to infer a lot from 30 or so words. It does seem like a typo, but even if it were "Bears to release Peppers," it wouldn't be accurate. In a world where we want to hold the people who report the news to higher standards, can't we at least keep our discussions of the news accurate?

Is it, like, really really hard?

"Looks like Bears might release Peppers," even, is fairly accurate and clearly suggests there is some speculation.

How about if I posted "Bills looking at trading up" for a draft thread, then posted: "The Bills should be looking at trading up." Wouldn't you feel like you wasted your time?

So in your mind good players that can still contribute are never cut bc of their salary?

You obviously have the power to infer a lot from 30 or so words. It does seem like a typo, but even if it were "Bears to release Peppers," it wouldn't be accurate. In a world where we want to hold the people who report the news to higher standards, can't we at least keep our discussions of the news accurate?

"Looks like Bears might release Peppers," even, is fairly accurate and clearly suggests there is some speculation.

How about if I posted "Bills looking at trading up" for a draft thread, then posted: "The Bills should be looking at trading up." Wouldn't you feel like you wasted your time?

very well said, we could all learn from your description....!

Absolutely not. Why? Because this is an open/public forum that is designed for a fan base to discuss the Buffalo Bills and the league in which they compete. That's it.....Nothing more. Really....That's it.

Holding each other accountable? Yikes. Good luck man. You demonstrated what I was pointing out. Relax. Life is better that way.

Absolutely not. Why? Because this is an open/public forum that is designed for a fan base to discuss the Buffalo Bills and the league in which they compete. That's it.....Nothing more. Really....That's it.

Holding each other accountable? Yikes. Good luck man. You demonstrated what I was pointing out. Relax. Life is better that way.

Brawndo, it's got what plants crave.

Bears are set to release Peppers if they cannot find a trade partner. I for one would be willing to take a shot at Peppers for he right price. We already have Mario Williams on one side, and Peppers is another guy who rushes the passer and stops the run.

Go Bills!!!

Once released, if we could sign him to a reasonable contract then I think he brings great value. If he wants elite player money, then no because our D Line is good enough that we don't need to spend elite money on another player on the D Line and should spend that money on other areas like the OL, defensive back field (Byrd), LB, etc.