Bears o release Peppers

Simple minds insult. Are you insecure? They generally go together.

Is it that terrible to encourage each other to communicate in more clear and useful manners.... You know, since it's a discussion forum. The two things kind of go hand in hand, ideally. Really, you could have just as easily gotten upset at me for pushing the OP to better present his ideas just a few before RTDB made his.

I'm insulting nobody. Just pointing out that it's an easy ride to not caring enough to help out your fellow reader. If I bungle something, I go and correct it so that whomever is reading me can get what I really meant. It's really not a big deal, honestly. I just know more and more what to click on, and what not to.

Water under the bridge.

This is what I don't get, fans want us to go after him because he is a 'Name'. Do the Bears want to win their division, get in the playoffs and get to and win a Superbowl? If they thought peppers would help them achieve this, do you not think they would restructure his deal and keep him? He is an older guy with TONS of mileage on him and if he could help Chicago he would still be there.

What if peppers doesnt want to restructure? What if he doesnt want to be in chicago? Theres a bunch of things that could be going on.

It is a bit unfair to say that a name FA would not be of interest to the Bills when cut by another team. Of course injury status, age, recent production, and most importantly money all are factors. No doubt Peppers is not worth the contract he signed. Honestly though all of these contracts re back loaded with fake money that the player will never see. Flacco's deal is the same way. He will never see he money written into the last year of his contract. That is why it is all abut the signing bonus. Even productive players with bad contracts like Revis will be cut. Best hope is that if a player is still productive the salary for that year is renegotiated into a signing bonus to decrease the cap hit.

My best friend is a huge Bears fan. He makes the same complaints about him, that Bills fans (and Texans fans before them) make about Mario. He is so good at times, but an invisible non-factor at other times. It would be nice to have another stud DE opposite Mario. That D-line would be, by far, the best in the league IMO. A strong front four can mask other problems

Mario is double teamed and game planned against. Peppers was pretty much stopped one on one about 90% of the season. Mario has been a dominant force pretty much since his wrist surgery and I've seen those complaints subside for most part. Whereas Peppers is 34 and coming off of 2 awful seasons and is being released by a team with one of the worst defensive lines in the NFL, I mean the Bears have zero pass rushers on that line. If Peppers still commanded double teams I would be all for it but he's not even a shell of his former self.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

Brawndo, it's got what plants crave.

like what's in the toilet?

hey new friend, there is no need whatsoevernto take it so personally or negatively.

RTB has been around enough to have seen some more frustrating days when threads read like "CJ Spiller Could Be Traded." Then a three sentence poster saying he hasn't done anything and some team needs an RB and that the poster has a red balloon. Other threads might be "Jets trade draft pick?" Then talk about some complex theory they have.

It is not demanding and it just helps us keep the board the great place it is by being as communicative as possible. I know RTB enough to know he wasn't trying to insult you. So, unless you're the biggest van salesmen in WNY you have no reason to be upset with anyone. We are just trying to look out for everyone

Mario is double teamed and game planned against. Peppers was pretty much stopped one on one about 90% of the season. Mario has been a dominant force pretty much since his wrist surgery and I've seen those complaints subside for most part. Whereas Peppers is 34 and coming off of 2 awful seasons and is being released by a team with one of the worst defensive lines in the NFL, I mean the Bears have zero pass rushers on that line. If Peppers still commanded double teams I would be all for it but he's not even a shell of his former self.

sounds like he is a Patriot already.

Crap. Chandler Jones and Julius Peppers?!? And I bet he would take a pay cut to mgo there.

Well, I actually remember, just this season, people here complaining about Mario's "disappearing act" in the second half of this season... and you are forgetting that the Bears defense was ravaged by age this past season... now, I am in no way saying that Peppers is the same player that he was 5 years ago, but when motivated, a lot of great defensive linemen play some of their best football in their later seasons... I would never recommend breaking the bank for him, but I do think there are far worse options.

This is what I don't get, fans want us to go after him because he is a 'Name'. Do the Bears want to win their division, get in the playoffs and get to and win a Superbowl? If they thought peppers would help them achieve this, do you not think they would restructure his deal and keep him? He is an older guy with TONS of mileage on him and if he could help Chicago he would still be there.

Of course you don't get it. Perhaps that's why you have 1 warning for every 100 posts..

Absolutely not. Why? Because this is an open/public forum that is designed for a fan base to discuss the Buffalo Bills and the league in which they compete. That's it.....Nothing more. Really....That's it.

Holding each other accountable? Yikes. Good luck man. You demonstrated what I was pointing out. Relax. Life is better that way.

You're almost as clever as your cousin 'Take it..' Lemme get the popcorn ready..