Your OG/RTs: YOGRTs!

YOGRTs--Your OG/RT versatile linemen. Marrone and Whaley have both talked about this kind of player who can step in and play either OG position as well as RT. I think the best examples in Free Agency are Roger Saffold and Geoff Schwartz. The best example of YOGRT in the draft is likely Zack Martin (#48 on our Big Board), although David Yankey (#24 OG, #30 as a RT) also played some YOGRT.

Chris Hairston has tweeted that he's 100%, so I don't see the Bills taking Zack Martin or Yankey early in the draft, and Hairston has a chance to be the starter. The Bills YOGRT would be a Day 3 pick.

Cyril Richardson RD3 is in free-fall because of his Combine and knees. Bills have expressed interest in John Urschel R6, and UDFA Andrew Norwell has played RT, LT, and OG during his time at Ohio State.

How much of a priority is a YOGRT?

But, to the question, I think its hard to find someone who is versatile and are not journeymen. They're more of a jack of all trades than a master of a position. Its always good to have a couple in case someone gets hurt at one of the positions as they can plug and play. Then again, I take it you're not really looking at them as a stalwart on the offensive line.

Astrobot, are you sure they don't want a FART?

I really like Zach Martin, and he won't get out of the first round, much less #48. I see the NY Giants at #12 or Dolphins at #19 taking him. I could see the bills trading back for Martin... and that would screw the Dolphins.

"Martin lined up at both guard and tackle at the Senior Bowl and routinely stymied the competition with quickness, power and overall technique." "He's instinctive, tough and technically sound despite lacking elite athleticism, and his biggest appeal to NFL scouts may be his versatility as many believe he could step in and succeed either at tackle or guard, as a pro."

http://www.cbssports...509/zack-martin

Tiny Richardson in round two :wub: ,as I think all the O linemen will move up as we get closer to draft day.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Astrobot, are you sure they don't want a FART?

I really like Zach Martin, and he won't get out of the first round, much less #48. I see the NY Giants at #12 or Dolphins at #19 taking him. I could see the bills trading back for Martin... and that would screw the Dolphins.

"Martin lined up at both guard and tackle at the Senior Bowl and routinely stymied the competition with quickness, power and overall technique." "He's instinctive, tough and technically sound despite lacking elite athleticism, and his biggest appeal to NFL scouts may be his versatility as many believe he could step in and succeed either at tackle or guard, as a pro."

http://www.cbssports...509/zack-martin

Tiny Richardson in round two :wub: ,as I think all the O linemen will move up as we get closer to draft day.

FART=Free Agent Right Tackle?

I do worry about Tiny's knees. They've had to support 340 pounds for a long long time...a First Aid Right Tackle?

Man if we could sign Saffold to play RT or heck, even LG and then draft either LG (Yankey) or RT in the draft, I'd be very very happy. I'm really big on Saffold.

Glenn /// Yankey /// Wood /// Urbik /// Saffold

That's a stellar OL.

Edited by bobobonators

YOGRTs--Your OG/RT versatile linemen. Marrone and Whaley have both talked about this kind of player who can step in and play either OG position as well as RT. I think the best examples in Free Agency are Roger Saffold and Geoff Schwartz. The best example of YOGRT in the draft is likely Zack Martin (#48 on our Big Board), although David Yankey (#24 OG, #30 as a RT) also played some YOGRT.

Chris Hairston has tweeted that he's 100%, so I don't see the Bills taking Zack Martin or Yankey early in the draft, and Hairston has a chance to be the starter. The Bills YOGRT would be a Day 3 pick.

Cyril Richardson RD3 is in free-fall because of his Combine and knees. Bills have expressed interest in John Urschel R6, and UDFA Andrew Norwell has played RT, LT, and OG during his time at Ohio State.

How much of a priority is a YOGRT?

I would love to have David Yankey on the team. If the Bills trade down from 9, I would seriously consider it.

I am not a fan of Cyril Richardson, he did not have a good Senior Bowl week. That opened my eyes more than his combine.

John Urschel would be a good project pick, but I think he might go earlier than the 6th round.

Man if we could sign Saffold to play RT or heck, even LG and then draft either LG (Yankey) or RT in the draft, I'd be very very happy. I'm really big on Saffold.

That's a stellar OL.

Wow! Sign me up for that O-Line. Glenn & Yankey on the left side!? :wub:

That's a stellar OL.

That would be a great OL IMO.

For me I think that it would be Strief in FA & Gabe Jackson in the 2nd. There are others that I like in both spots (like the one above).

Glenn--Jackson--Wood--Urbik--Strief

I think Hairston will be ready to go and win the RT spot this season. He has had an entire season to rehab. I don't know how to grade OT's but Nix was always praising his tenacity and athleticism. (or maybe he wanted us fans to feel like we got a glimmer of SOMETHING for marshawn)

If I'm right that leaves only one spot at LG on the O-line assuming Pears wins his spot again. I hope they get a LG in free agency and draft the best yogurt available early in the draft for depth and to push the starters.

Remember if you take out Clowney and the 3 QB's (all of which we don't need and will be drafted ahead of us) we have a very good chance of getting trade down offers where we stand. Trading down last year got us Kiko for free. I want to see the same thing happen again.

Unless Sammy Watkins is there. The next Andre Reed. (yeah I said it)

That would be a great OL IMO.

For me I think that it would be Strief in FA & Gabe Jackson in the 2nd. There are others that I like in both spots (like the one above).

Glenn--Jackson--Wood--Urbik--Strief

I would love to have David Yankey on the team. If the Bills trade down from 9, I would seriously consider it.

I am not a fan of Cyril Richardson, he did not have a good Senior Bowl week. That opened my eyes more than his combine.

John Urschel would be a good project pick, but I think he might go earlier than the 6th round.

Wow! Sign me up for that O-Line. Glenn & Yankey on the left side!? :wub:

:thumbsup:

I think Hairston will be ready to go and win the RT spot this season. He has had an entire season to rehab. I don't know how to grade OT's but Nix was always praising his tenacity and athleticism. (or maybe he wanted us fans to feel like we got a glimmer of SOMETHING for marshawn)

If I'm right that leaves only one spot at LG on the O-line assuming Pears wins his spot again. I hope they get a LG in free agency and draft the best yogurt available early in the draft for depth and to push the starters.

Remember if you take out Clowney and the 3 QB's (all of which we don't need and will be drafted ahead of us) we have a very good chance of getting trade down offers where we stand. Trading down last year got us Kiko for free. I want to see the same thing happen again.

Unless Sammy Watkins is there. The next Andre Reed. (yeah I said it)

I was really big on Hairston as well, and I still have hope that he can return and contribute. That being said, we can't go into next season relying on Hairston.

I know the Hairston topic has been covered before, but Hairston disappearing from the face of the earth over an injury that nobody seems to have a clue about is a disconcerting.

Thankfully Hairston recently said on twitter that he was a full-go for spring workouts. So we'll see what happens.

We should try to get the best right offensive tackle in FA that we can. That frees up a 1st or 2nd round pick and we can use a 3rd round pick for a development player. Ditto for a LOG. Then our draft can do best available player at WR or TE (if a top 2 guy is there after a modest trade down), defensive back and linebacker. Time to rock and roll!!