Alex Carrington

Carrington is a darned decent football player who got screwed around and never allowed to settle into a position . Shame on Bills !

He was showing some very nice progress just before injury (which was accidental ) . Bills staff was quite high on him last i heard.

I think he would be an asset on out defense and priced reasonably due to injury. But they already made him offers back when so I dont know ...?

Edited by 3rdand12

Carrington played a ton in 2011 and 2012...Before his injury he had played in 44 straight games as far as I can tell...I know he played all 16 games in the Defensive-Line rotation in 2012...He was starting in 2013 before he got hurt...There is plenty of sample for Carrington...And most of it is good...He was arguably our best D-lineman in 2012... B-)

No, and not even close. "He played a ton in 2011 and 2012". That's your point. If you go by the NFL, he played in 31 games in those two years. I agree he played a ton. But, in those games, he had a total, and I say TOTAL of 23 tackles and 3 sacks. By that measure, he isn't arguably the best at anything. Less than a tackle a game and a sack every 10 games doesn't get you much. There's your sample. 31 games and only 23 tackles. Where the hell was he?

PS - He did get screwed. However, it was by his own inability to do anything. If that's someone elses fault, it fits with the mindset of todays youth. Everything isn't their fault.....

Carrington is like a Phil Hanson, he's a lunch pail guy not flashy, he had several FG/ XP blocks in 2012, last year he got hurt .

Bills should re sign him, Kyle Williams maybe 3 more productive years we don't have much behind him ! 'Alex can play both Tackle and End.

No, and not even close. "He played a ton in 2011 and 2012". That's your point. If you go by the NFL, he played in 31 games in those two years. I agree he played a ton. But, in those games, he had a total, and I say TOTAL of 23 tackles and 3 sacks. By that measure, he isn't arguably the best at anything. Less than a tackle a game and a sack every 10 games doesn't get you much. There's your sample. 31 games and only 23 tackles. Where the hell was he?

PS - He did get screwed. However, it was by his own inability to do anything. If that's someone elses fault, it fits with the mindset of todays youth. Everything isn't their fault.....

Sorry...I don't say this much here...But you're clueless if you can't recognize how well Carrington played in 2012...He's a 3-4 DE...It's not a stat driven position...And if you're just looking at stats then we're done here because you're obviously not seeing what is going on... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Carrington played a ton in 2011 and 2012...Before his injury he had played in 44 straight games as far as I can tell...I know he played all 16 games in the Defensive-Line rotation in 2012...He was starting in 2013 before he got hurt...There is plenty of sample for Carrington...And most of it is good...He was arguably our best D-lineman in 2012... B-)

No. Look at the numbers guy/gal. He wasn't even close to the best D-lineman. Try again.

I think Carriginton is a versatile GOOD player that will potentially become a consistent playmaker (not quite great but better than solid) but I think his injury combined with his 4 year vet minimum will cause the Bills to let him go. I think they'd rather draft a young DT/DE prospect that they hand picked who they can watch and re-sign before/after that contract expires. Basically, his contract requirements (which he's deserved don't get me wrong) paired with his contributions/skill are replaceable through the draft. With that said if they re-sign him ignore this whole thing! B-)

Given the way Mike Pettine spoke of Alex Carrington at last years training camp, I fully expect him to be a Cleveland Brown very shortly. Pettine was quoted saying something to the effect that of all the D-Lineman, Carrington played with the best leverage and consistency. The Browns will happily give him $4-6 million a year, with all of their cap space, and have a starting DE that is already familiar with Pettine's scheme,.

Edited by Estro

Given the way Mike Petting spoke of Alex Carrington at last years training camp, I fully expect him to be a Cleveland Brown very shortly. Pettine was quoted saying something to the effect that of all the D-Lineman, Carrington played with the best leverage and consistency. The Browns will happily give him $4-6 million a year and have a starting DE that is already familiar with Pettine's scheme.

Makes sense...I remember hearing Marrone comment after his injury that the coaching staff was really excited about Carrington coming out of camp...He basically said Pettine made him a starter from day #1 after watching his tape from 2012...They were really disappointed when he went down... B-)

I would say that selection any draft choice that has Parker as a rep may be a mistake. I am not saying don't take the guy....but, all things being equal, draft the guy who isn't reped by Parker. Never a good experience in Buffalo with any of his.

another good player the Bills will let walk and we will regret this later.

If that is the case, we might as well find other teams to root for...because there are serious issues if we will regret not signing ALEX CARRINGTON!

The Bills have lost players like Marshawn Lynch, Jason Peters, soon-to-be-former-Bills-safety Jairus Byrd...sorry, Alex Carrington does not fit in that category.

He is easily replaceable, and might already be replaced with Stefon Charles.

Edited by Bob Malooga

100 percent comes down to money, is he worth keeping, sure, is he worth paying a heafty contract, no...money money money

That and of course scheme. Does he have a spot in schwartzs defense? He wouldn't be a wide 9 end if that's the direction the team is headed. But who knows....