Nigel Bradham's noticing the LB visits!

A comment like that makes me think he has not played all out to this point. Like all the sudden he is going to play better because he is in fear of loosing his job.

Some times it is that extra degree of focus that can make or break a player. Will he crack under pressure? Will he rise above it? Will he simply remain the same?

Hopefully he has an Aaron Williams type resurgence. Granted, he's not making a position change. But a new DC and a new LB position coach should allow him to start fro scratch and show him what he's got. To me, he beat out Moats over the course of the year in practice after he was in the doghouse quite a while. This is the year for him to show us what he's got, if anything.

The dog house seemed to do him justice. It allowed him a chance to get the reps he needed without being a liability on the field like he was early in the season.

He's looked less athletic than I was expecting. He is a candidate for a lightbulb season because he wasn't known for being very instinctive so that extra experience should be of help to him, but he looked stiff in the hips and legs last year, IMO.

My wrap on Bradham is interesting, to me at least. I watched a lot of film on him from the first year here because I was greatly intrigued by this guy who everyone was in love with and I just did not get. The more I watched the more I began to enjoy watching him. He is not one of those players who won't make the same mistake twice. He is a player who will make the same mistake 10 or 12 times and get better incrementally each step. You could literally see him growing and developing in each game and snap he got. There was some play of the 2012 season where he took a horrible angle and ended up in no mans land as the RB cut right back to where Bradham should have been. He turned and looked and appeared to be entirely dumbfounded to football. It was not long later in the game the same play was run and Bradham runs right back at the same place he went before but as soon as he got there you could almost see the bulb "oh yeah, I remember this!" as he stopped and paused a micro second. He turned and ran where the play would be as George Wilson got trucked Bradham was able to help make the tackle. It became the epitome of Bradham for me and the 2012 season. It gave me hope that he would benefit from the off season and preseason experience to contribute much better in 2013.

I was unfortunately wrong. I haven't had the nerve to rewatch the season in depth but Bradham had several plays this season where you saw him hustle to no-mans land.

I thought he got noticeably better as the year wore on.

He did, but I expect you were watching with a fine eye. To the laymen he just took snaps.

Bradham and Moats both scored pretty well with the folks over at PFF considering their limited snaps. Not top-notch by any means, but solid. Bradham is going to get the chance to play, but he's gotta step it up if he wants to start.

It's been two seasons, and in that time I've formed the opinion that Nigel Bradham = Not a starter. Lacks footspeed, poor tackler, with zero instincts for the pro game. Not a fan of his at all. -In fact, I expect him to wilt under the pressure of competition in TC... Wasted pick. I'd be shocked if he survives the 53-man cut.

Who else was thinking about this guy in the 4th round of the 2012 draft?

A 5th round pick not panning out is a failure?

Yep. All later round picks must turn into above-average starters (even though that would defy math) or the people drafting them (i.e., all GMs in the NFL) are idiots.

Just as the players themselves (you know the ones who have worked hard enough and are gifted enough to at least survive for a while in one of the toughest, most selective professions in the world) are "clowns" unless they are pro bowlers.

Big time FSU fan here and I have been disappointed with NB for a while. He was great at FSU with all of the different d coordinators he worked under. I hope the light bulb comes on and this kid steps up soon.

I seem to recall reading he played MLB his last year at FSU. Is that a correct recollection? If so, I wonder if he could handle it in the NFL?

I seem to recall reading he played MLB his last year at FSU. Is that a correct recollection? If so, I wonder if he could handle it in the NFL?

He played everywhere at LBer for FSU but mostly middle. Has the speed and frame to play it but I don't think the mental capacity is there. That's my thought on why he doesn't see the field much.

He played everywhere at LBer for FSU but mostly middle. Has the speed and frame to play it but I don't think the mental capacity is there. That's my thought on why he doesn't see the field much.

Couldn't have said it any better. He's a scull rattler but out of position a lot when it comes to run stuffing.