Remember the Toyota Recalls in 2009 - 2010?

Toyota was being driven to shut their doors because of a "sticking gas pedal" (perhaps it was the floor mats - perhaps it was the driver pushing the gas pedal to the floor thinking it was the brake, I dunno), but with GM on the ropes, the NHTSA persecuted Toyota to the fullest extent of the law. After all, four people died in the first crash, and more than a half dozen other drivers soiled their fruit-of-the-looms when low and behold their Toyota cars took off like a bat out of hell after some hot cash too!

Fast forward to today, when GM's CWO announces that she is taking charge of their internal investigation of the design flaws in Chevrolets, Saturns, and Pontiacs that are responsible for 31 crashes and 13 deaths on the US highways.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Ford Focus and my pedal got stuck in the floor mat. I was already going 120 Km/Hour at the time. Then it kicked up to 150 until on finally got control back. Your Fruit of the Looms comment is spot on.

I have a Ford Focus and my pedal got stuck in the floor mat. I was already going 120 Km/Hour at the time. Then it kicked up to 150 until on finally got control back. Your Fruit of the Looms comment is spot on.

What year Focus? Was it an OEM floor mat? Was there another mat on top of one? What's with these sticking pedal and floor mats?... Are they building the pedal too close to the floor?

Do you have adjustable pedals? It is a Focus, so probably not?

Wow... Good thing you figured out what was going on and stayed safe!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

GM says it knows of 31 crashes and 13 front-seat deaths in cases where front air bags failed to deploy, possibly because faulty ignition switches had inadvertently moved out of the "run" position into "accessory." That shuts off the engine and kills power to safety systems, usually including air bags.

So you just discovered the quote function?

I'm kind of happy with the Sabre's direction. I don't care if its going to take years, remember, its not the destination, its the road there!

What's your point? That you learned to read?

Me? I need to learn? Go crack a history book you bozo

I'm kind of happy with the Sabre's direction. I don't care if its going to take years, remember, its not the destination, its the road there!

Me? I need to learn? Go crack a history book you bozo

Apparently you need to learn how to use an apostrophe.

I love the PPP form. Reminds me of Corey Feldmans line from "The Burbs" as he sits on his porch enjoying all the non sense going on in his neighborhood.

" God I love this street."

Eat chit

Apparently you need to learn how to use the "s" key.

I'm probably in it! Is it about the war in the pacific?

Sort-of. Honestly, I doubt you'd understand it...it's pretty advanced-level stuff, and I'm pretty sure you lack the knowledge of the basic concepts.