What show(s) have you recently binged on? (spoilers)

For me it was The Wire. I thought it was a pretty good show but could have been better. Season one was great with the Barksdale crew. Season 2 wasn't as good with the port crew but while I was watching I imagined they can set this show up for some truly epic interconnected storylines. I was really hoping for a Avan and Stringer mutiny and a full out war for season 3 and beyond ...but it didn't happen. The show wasn't as good once Marlo took over the streets. I liked all the political and police storylines but the school system plot seemed like a lot of filler. The whole " faux serial killer" thing was a bad way to end the show IMO for McNulty. All in all I did enjoy this show though.

Over the last the 2 years I binged on Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, The Wire and Mad Men.

Since watching Breaking Bad nothing has come close to its quality.

If I had to rank these shows I would go Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire (show isn't finished yet), The Wire and then Mad Men.

Probably will binge on Sons of Anarchy next.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I put the wire over breaking bad personally. Chris n Snoop would snuff out Walter White and Jesse with ease.

Gotta add true detective to your list. I'm binging on Luther now, which is Idris Elba (stringer bell) cop show mixed with dexter type feel pretty good.

If you really wanna binge hop in to Friday night lights. Underrated show

I put the wire over breaking bad personally. Chris n Snoop would snuff out Walter White and Jesse with ease.

I don't know. If Walter White can take out the cartel (gus) and Uncle Jacks crew I don't think he will have a problem with a few of Marlos hitmen.

Uncle Jacks crew > baltimore street gangs IMO. That would be some amazing tv actually.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I recently got in Supernatural. Funny story actually. Was looking online for tattoo ideas regarding Grim Reapers and Death and came to a Supernatural fan site. Ended up reading some cool stuff about the show and now in hooked. Funny how it worked out actually but glad I'm watching.

i know there is another thread for this, but Episodes(with matt leblanc), Shameless(w. h. macy & emmy rossum), I have been late to the party on shows like Parks & Rec, Modern Family, Community, Archer and Louis, but now those I will watch whenever they are on.

agree with Orange is the New Black

Recently Breaking Bad and Community. Both great.

Just started watching Game of Thrones--three episodes in. It's very well done, but I don't know yet if I will get into it. Fantasy stuff has never done it for me. But the quality of writing in this might get me hooked. I've always like David Benioff--that's why I'm giving it a shot.

i am really trying to like curb your enthusiasm, but i find larry david's character a repulsive, self-centered, self-serving prick who has a wife that is far to hot for him...i know that's probably the point as most sit-coms are like that...see King of Queens...but while i find Curb funny, his character runs me the wrong way

Can't get enough of True Detective, but I've been "bingeing" on Curb Your Enthusiasm lately.

i am really trying to like curb your enthusiasm, but i find larry david's character a repulsive, self-centered, self-serving prick who has a wife that is far to hot for him...i know that's probably the point as most sit-coms are like that...see King of Queens...but while i find Curb funny, his character runs me the wrong way

Larry David is not for everyone. Comedical genious though. I watched an episode last night where he picked up a hooker so that he could use the HOV lane to get to the Dodgers game. Hilarious.

Larry David is not for everyone. Comedical genious though. I watched an episode last night where he picked up a hooker so that he could use the HOV lane to get to the Dodgers game. Hilarious.

Oooooh yo daddy is cute Larry! Curb > everything else by a mile.

You seen longball Larry yet ? Where Leon goes to the doctor with him ?

rules of engagement was a suprisingly good show...only started watching it because it was on in syndication at 6:30 AM when i am getting up

Same here

also watched the entire series of Rules of Engagement in one month

For me it was The Wire. I thought it was a pretty good show but could have been better. Season one was great with the Barksdale crew. Season 2 wasn't as good with the port crew but while I was watching I imagined they can set this show up for some truly epic interconnected storylines. I was really hoping for a Avan and Stringer mutiny and a full out war for season 3 and beyond ...but it didn't happen. The show wasn't as good once Marlo took over the streets. I liked all the political and police storylines but the school system plot seemed like a lot of filler. The whole " faux serial killer" thing was a bad way to end the show IMO for McNulty. All in all I did enjoy this show though.

Over the last the 2 years I binged on Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, The Wire and Mad Men.

Since watching Breaking Bad nothing has come close to its quality.

If I had to rank these shows I would go Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire (show isn't finished yet), The Wire and then Mad Men.

Probably will binge on Sons of Anarchy next.

What a coincidence. I was just gonna post something about The Wire. I just finished it last night. Great show. Not BB level, but pretty darn good. Where The Wire could have improved is in their season finale's. They're anticlimactic. BB doesn't have that problem.

Great characters and storyline. Some of my favorite characters are Omar, Avon, Stringer, Bunk, Lester, McNulty, Carver and Bodie. That's a lot of characters to like for one show. Everytime I think about Snoop's scene in the hardware store I laugh.

Season 2 was pretty weak in comparison to the rest of the seasons. I was ok with the finish.

I highly recommend many of the shows you guys have already. Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, True Detective, Shameless, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Prison Break are all very excellent shows.

I've been looking for a good binge show lately, only, I have access pretty much only to Netflix so I'm limited somewhat.

I've only seen season 1 of Game of Thrones, it's good, but it's not worth 50 bucks per season to buy it.

Gave up on Sons of Anarchy in the middle of season 5. Just way too much over the top BS with the mother and "Old Lady" crap. They needed to do something with that mother.

Waiting on the final season of Mad Men, just to see how it ends. I think it's beyond lame for them to air it in 7 episode parts over two years. Ugh.

I tried to get into Dexter and just couldn't, maybe because of all the negative hype on how it went off the rails. I really want to watch The Shield, I have heard great things about it. I've been watching stuff I've already seen like BSG, xfiles, Star Trek, and stuff like that...