Is this how the new era under Brandon going to go?

Year after year the koolaid drinkers dismiss guys like me trying to show you the facts of the situation. We have YEARS of the same old ****. YEARS of this franchise doing the same **** and getting the same ****ty results. There is no way in hell Whaley could know if anyone would trade for byrd or not AND it has been discussed here for years we do NOT have to stick with two #1 picks for a franchise player. It is up to the club to accept less. As for as jumping to conclusions...that ended at least 10 years ago, the Bills inept front office is predictable

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they think the offer is already more than fair. It's just that Byrd wants to test the water. They will take the offer off the table after a week. If Byrd hasn't sign by then, they will move on. Otherwise, if they tag him, Byrd will fake another injury to sit out another 5 weeks.

Ha ha, well played Big Cat. It's amazing to me the assumptions that people treat as facts. We are privied to a very limited amount of information in terms of the negotiation. Everyone is entitled to formulate their own opinion but some of these assumptions are ridiculous. The best offer that they got for Byrd last year was a 4th. They gauged the market again this year and decided that between the cap dollar savings and potential comp pick they were better off. Let's all take a deep breath and see how the offseason unfolds.

Guys like you say the same thing every year, every freaking year and this team keeps doing the same stupid crap and continues to lose. How many more years or should I say decades will it take for you to figure this out?

Your point apparently is you aren't willing to answer the question ;) , but, no matter. I know with 100% certainty that letting Byrd walk was the wrong decision. I'll bow out of the conversation because we aren't going to change minds here and it futile on both sides to continue to hash and rehash.

I guess that I didn't answer because I could ask the same question. If they sign TJ Ward and Collins was it the right decision? You are right though and there is no need to go round and round. We will see how this offseason plays out and hopefully this roster will be better. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't blame Byrd, I blame the Bills for failing to provide an atmosphere where players actually have hope that the team will be successful. The Bills organization is absolutely garbage.

This is par for the course, unfortunately.

its a pure money grab...wants to see what the top bid is...who ever has a dollar more is where he will go. Organizations, winning, atmostphere, fans, coach we make stuff up why guys leave ha ya right..whose got another dolla-

sign Byrd at 28 cant resign Williams at 23 - after next year at 24

Guys like you say the same thing every year, every freaking year and this team keeps doing the same stupid crap and continues to lose. How many more years or should I say decades will it take for you to figure this out?

Not sure what you are talking about? All that I am proposing is that we see what the offseason brings before we shovel the dirt on the coffin over losing a free safety.

I think Houston shells out big for him. Their secondary is terrible. And he will be great there. It is what it is bills fans. Can't really fault either side but cantankerous had it right: it's years of ineptitude that drive players away.

Meet the new boss....exactly the same as the old boss!

Seriously, what has changed? The losing? The hiring of sub par coaches? A head coach that is supposedly an O line guru on the field working "hands on with the players", and then allowing a total waste of space to replace the best player at LG.

Mike Pettine turned around a defense loaded with talent 9 of 11 starters drafted in the first two rounds, and now gone after a single year. A defense that everyone knew was better then that PoS DC George Edwards & Dave Wannstedt showed. Coaching is everything, just ask Pete Carroll. Bill Belichick

Pay 100 million for a pass rushing DE, and become the #2 sacking team in the league, and it all goes for naught because they let the top pass blocking OG walk away, and got nothing in return...except 108 hits on the QB, and 48 sacks. Plus, there was no veteran QB to help out the THREE rookie QB's.

Ralph is cheap...oh no he isn't!!... look what he paid super Mario!!....But he won't hire a top HC!!... what HC in his right mind wants to work for an owner and team that will hamstring him on players. That doesn't have building a winning team as the primary objective?

kool-aid drinkers=working for Brandon

I guess that I didn't answer because I could ask the same question. If they sign TJ Ward and Collins was it the right decision? You are right though and there is no need to go round and round. We will see how this offseason plays out and hopefully this roster will be better.

OK, one more go round! :D

You don't build a team by creating holes. Today the Bills created a hole in their roster that they must fill. There was no reason for them to do so, yet, do it they did. At the very worst, they could have put off this hole until next off season thereby allowing themselves to fill others.

Outside of QB great players don't win football games, great rosters do. JJ Watt, Adrian Peterson and Megatron all have teams picking in the top 10 (and they all play more important positions than FS). If that $10-$12M is use for Delmas and Anthony Collins I think that the Bills are better than with Byrd and Pears. My point is to let the plan unfold before panicking.

I'm not sure what assumptions I made? That they explored their options?

Outside of QB great players don't win football games, great rosters do. JJ Watt, Adrian Peterson and Megatron all have teams picking in the top 10 (and they all play more important positions than FS). If that $10-$12M is use for Delmas and Anthony Collins I think that the Bills are better than with Byrd and Pears. My point is to let the plan unfold before panicking.

I'm not sure what assumptions I made? That they explored their options?

Well, specifically:

1)The best offer that they got for Byrd last year was a 4th.

2) They gauged the market again this year and decided that between the cap dollar savings and potential comp pick they were better off.

So yeah, basically everything you said.

You don't build a team by creating holes. Today the Bills created a hole in their roster that they must fill. There was no reason for them to do so, yet, do it they did. At the very worst, they could have put off this hole until next off season thereby allowing themselves to fill others.

Fair enough, I guess that my proposal was to trade down a little at FS (Delmas) and trade up at RT (Collins) and hopefully the team will be better. If they don't do anything than I agree that it is bad. All that I am advocating is to at least let free agency start before totally panicking.

Are you so sure they have a hole ? Seriously , maybe they feel good enough with A & D Williams plus Searcy back there . Maybe they have a couple back up plans .

Now if they pull a Levitre when the season starts then we know nothing has changed . But i think you are calling A hole A hole way too early my friend : )

Well, specifically:

1)The best offer that they got for Byrd last year was a 4th.

2) They gauged the market again this year and decided that between the cap dollar savings and potential comp pick they were better off.

So yeah, basically everything you said.

1) The source that told me about the 4th would absolutely 1000% know. If you choose to question that as speculation by all means feel free. I have never given inside info on here unless it is fact. I value my credibility too much to be that guy.

2) Do you really think that this decision was made without weighing all of the options? If you believe that then I don't know what to tell you.

1) The source that told me about the 4th would absolutely 1000% know. If you choose to question that as speculation by all means feel free. I have never given inside info on here unless it is fact. I value my credibility too much to be that guy.

2) Do you really think that this decision was made without weighing all of the options? If you believe that then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, they are assumptions.

Remember when Buddy traded Lynch and the Saints later said they were willing to offer more but Buddy didn't call?

Some GM's are deal makers, and others are not. I can't speak for Whaley's accumen as a deal-maker, but his "moving parts" excuse is not what you want to hear from your personnel trader.

My point being......just because your source said that all that Whaley was offered was a 4th, does not mean that he scoured the league. Nor does it mean that a 4th round pick is his value now, with another outstanding season under his belt and when he could be part of a full offseason program leading up to a season.

Lastly......you assume it all comes down to cap savings and a comp pick. A comp pick? Really?

I understand that you value your opinion, but make no mistake, you are making plenty of assumptions.

Yeah, they are assumptions.

Remember when Buddy traded Lynch and the Saints later said they were willing to offer more but Buddy didn't call?

Some GM's are deal makers, and others are not. I can't speak for Whaley's accumen as a deal-maker, but his "moving parts" excuse is not what you want to hear from your personnel trader.

My point being......just because your source said that all that Whaley was offered was a 4th, does not mean that he scoured the league. Nor does it mean that a 4th round pick is his value now, with another outstanding season under his belt and when he could be part of a full offseason program leading up to a season.

Lastly......you assume it all comes down to cap savings and a comp pick. A comp pick? Really?

I understand that you value your opinion, but make no mistake, you are making plenty of assumptions.

Minnesota's 4th was last year. I have no idea what was out there this year. He is coming off another Pro Bowl but also looking to be the highest paid safety in football. Was it more or was it less I have no idea. My sense is that if it was even the same they would have tagged him and dealt him.

From my experience when a player is available (and even when they aren't) the GMs field calls all day. It is a LOT of inbound traffic (more than outbound actually).

I am on record as saying that I would have tagged him but I don't think that it is the difference in the playoffs or not. What do you say to the example that I mentioned earlier. Do you think that they are better off if they get Delmas or Ward and Strief or Collins than they would be with Byrd and Pears? I do personally, but it is about the sum not the pieces.

I don't drink the Kool Aid from Pessimists or Homers, but have to believe that Whaley explored all options with Byrd. Who here really knows what is happening behind close doors? There are a lot of angles that nobody on this baord can claim to understand. The Bills wanted Jairus, Jairus has the right to want to move on. The tag wasn't applied. Let's move on to players that want to play for the Bills. Maybe Delmas?

Lets see now.... When Levitre left last year, who was it that the Bills brought in to replace him?? Who was that??

Are you so sure they have a hole ? Seriously , maybe they feel good enough with A & D Williams plus Searcy back there . Maybe they have a couple back up plans .

Now if they pull a Levitre when the season starts then we know nothing has changed . But i think you are calling A hole A hole way too early my friend : )

Don't mean to ninja you on this...We talked a little bit about it in the Byrd thread...But anyway... Marrone has already been pretty clear that Searcy will remain in his role as the 3rd Safety...He pretty much confirmed they would not look towards Searcy to fill the hole if Byrd departs. When asked he said he was really excited about Duke Williams and Meeks...I'm also guessing the Bills will see if they can land a mid level UFA FS, or possibly Draft a FS in the middle rounds... B-)

Minnesota's 4th was last year. I have no idea what was out there this year. He is coming off another Pro Bowl but also looking to be the highest paid safety in football. Was it more or was it less I have no idea. My sense is that if it was even the same they would have tagged him and dealt him.

From my experience when a player is available (and even when they aren't) the GMs field calls all day. It is a LOT of inbound traffic (more than outbound actually).

I am on record as saying that I would have tagged him but I don't think that it is the difference in the playoffs or not. What do you say to the example that I mentioned earlier. Do you think that they are better off if they get Delmas or Ward and Strief or Collins than they would be with Byrd and Pears? I do personally, but it is about the sum not the pieces.

A Byrd in the hand is worth more than a bunch of players that 31other teams are also interested in. Not that they won't come in for a visit if they aren't initially offered the contract they want with a team with quality at the QB positon and HC.