Arthur Chu pulls off the Forrest bounce

Maury Ballstein

The AV Club, a sister publication of The Onion, did an article/interview on how he came off those first couple appearances. I haven't seen him on the show but it was a good interview. If I wasn't posting this whilst sitting on the throne I'd find the link for you, but I'm sure you could find it just as easily if you were interested

His first day, his demeanor rubbed me the wrong way. Since then, his personality has grown on me. His strategy doesn't bother me one bit. I actually find it exciting g and ballsy.

He just dominates. I've watched almost every one he's been on and he builds an early lead then searches for the daily double and always doubles his money. He had 11K yesterday halfway thru the first round. The other two had zero chance.

He just dominates. I've watched almost every one he's been on and he builds an early lead then searches for the daily double and always doubles his money. He had 11K yesterday halfway thru the first round. The other two had zero chance.

Yea the guy in the center knew nothing....the girl watched a little tv.....chu coulda broke the record yesterday was 16k off.

Ken Jennings used a similar tactic, Get the higher values and the others cannot catch up.

Exactly.

They force their opponents to employ the same tactic, too. But people like Jennings and Chu can bounce back from missing the occasional daily double. Most others cannot.

I watch Jeopardy! daily, and have for many years. I find myself looking forward to 7:30 more so since The beginning of the A.Chu Dynasty.

Exactly.

They force their opponents to employ the same tactic, too. But people like Jennings and Chu can bounce back from missing the occasional daily double. Most others cannot.

I watch Jeopardy! daily, and have for many years. I find myself looking forward to 7:30 more so since The beginning of the A.Chu Dynasty.

Nothing pisses me off about living in Chicago more than our Jeopardy time: 3 !@#$ing o clock in the afternoon.

When I lived in the Eastern zone, it was a 730 ritual.

We get to see the blind guy go at it again, tonight. I can't believe it was 15 years ago.

Arthur will be back next week. I wonder if his wife, Ku Koo Ka, will be in the audience.

Chu is ridiculous. I haven't seen a category that he has really struggled with in the 4 or 5 episodes I've seen during his streak. Even the best of the best Jeopardy contestants usually come across certain categories that they struggle with. Not him. Hope he keeps it going!

Sports. And to say he struggled with it would be a generous description. I believe he hit the Daily Double and lost $1 for missing it. It was the sports category that made me dislike him. He was douchy about it as if he was too cool to watch sports and that anyone who does is a joke. I can't remember the exact comment but I do remember that it made me think he could benefit from a good punch in the face.

Aside from that the guy is incredible. His gameplan is genius and he executes it well.

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of factors. Alex took it to him with a bunch of mispronunciation catches. The two women he went against were quick with their buzzers. He also went for a true daily double midway through double jeopardy and lost it all. Then he missed the final question and lost it all again. He had no chance at that point because the winner got it right and he couldn't have caught up.

A bunch of factors. Alex took it to him with a bunch of mispronunciation catches. The two women he went against were quick with their buzzers. He also went for a true daily double midway through double jeopardy and lost it all. Then he missed the final question and lost it all again. He had no chance at that point because the winner got it right and he couldn't have caught up.

All this. And the categories yesterday sucked...

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge