Browns almost traded for Jim Harbaugh

YoloinOhio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was any other team than the Browns, I wouldn't believe it. But it is, and I do. Harbaugh and Lombardi who was still here then are good friends, Harbaugh is from Ohio. Of course he is a traitor because he went to UM, but I digress. Florio and Rapaport are engaged in a bit of a Twitter battle right now over this, but FTR I remember Browns reaching out to Niners to ask permission to talk to one of their coaches, and the Niners refused to say which one it was. I assumed it was Roman or the Dline coach. I don't think it was.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Does a coach have to accept a trade like a player? He must have wanted it, right?.......Those are the only times I remember coaches being traded, which was more like I'm going there, so you get some compensation from them.

Does a coach have to accept a trade like a player? He must have wanted it, right?.......Those are the only times I remember coaches being traded, which was more like I'm going there, so you get some compensation from them.

According to the report, it was a done deal b/w the teams but then it was Harbaugh's decision not to go. So probaby his contract might preclude them from "trading" him unless he agreed to it.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 32m

This one has been ruminating for a while. The price tag connected to that rumor for Harbaugh was a heavy one.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 37m

Report: Harbaugh's future with 49ers remains uncertain http://wp.me/p14QSB-9pVk

Harbaugh is such an impetuous a$$. He rubs everyone the wrong way. He has been uber successful in S.F. and their upper management still can't stand him.

Watching him on the sideline...I can imagine he would not be an easy guy to work with.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 32m

This one has been ruminating for a while. The price tag connected to that rumor for Harbaugh was a heavy one.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 37m

Report: Harbaugh's future with 49ers remains uncertain http://wp.me/p14QSB-9pVk

Watching him on the sideline...I can imagine he would not be an easy guy to work with.

Crazy if true. I'd be curious if his personality lends itself to eventual diminishing returns ala a gruden or parcells and the niners thought they could sell high. That would've been incredibly late for them to start their search though, unless the replacement was in house

Crazy if true. I'd be curious if his personality lends itself to eventual diminishing returns ala a gruden or parcells and the niners thought they could sell high. That would've been incredibly late for them to start their search though, unless the replacement was in house

Apparently they are saying it would have been Tomsula, the DL coach. However, I truly think a team like that could have hired Gruden or another big name and they would keep the assistants intact. Who wouldn't want to coach a team like that?

Yeah hard to believe the 49rs would let that happen. 3 years into your career and 3 post season appreances, and then go to the pure train wreck that is cleveland! Only a Bills coordinator would take that as an upgrade!

Are you saying the 49ers wouldn't or Harbaugh wouldn't go? Most coordinators would take a head coaching job, why bash the Bills over it? What's the analogy between a head coach moving to Cleveland to be the head coach and our coordinator taking the job?

They didn't almost trade for him hell they didn't even try to trade for him, it was merely a discussion that came up and never amounted into anything. What would they trade for him? The city of Cleveland? Lol

Bad trade for SF, if so. LOL

Chris Mortensen@mortreport 13h

Browns did indeed make a run at Jim Harbaugh that reached a serious stage, sources confirm substance of @ProFootballTalk report.

Heard about this listening to FAN on the ride home. According to the host, Harbaugh does not get along with the Niners GM which opened the door to the trade possibility, and it was Harbaugh that decided against it.

Makes total sense. This happens all the time when you have a d-bag head coach. Eventually, there will be a power struggle and one of these guys will be forced out.

This is a crazy story and I maintain that Pettine is going to regret taking that job.

He could have improved the Bills' D enough to get an elite position in 2015 with a team that had a playoff letdown -- Cowboys? Giants? -- if he'd stayed here.

Picking up the last dented can on the shelf just because it's there doesn't mean you get a good meal out of it.

Are you saying the 49ers wouldn't or Harbaugh wouldn't go? Most coordinators would take a head coaching job, why bash the Bills over it? What's the analogy between a head coach moving to Cleveland to be the head coach and our coordinator taking the job?

I am saying from either POV, management or Harbaugh. And Pettine was set to succeede here at his position not set up to fail like cleveland. I would think he could have stepped into a better position next year, not take the offer after the 5th interview and they were out of options, so what does that say about us.

Edited by stuckinny