The Ukraine is Weak

meazza

Serious question, are you an isolationist at heart or do you think we have a role to play in keeping peace on the continent?

I may be wrong, but if memory serves, GG is a neo-conservative; and believes in interventionism only as it serves American interets overseas.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, but if memory serves, GG is a neo-conservative; and believes in interventionism only as it serves American interets overseas.

A fully non-apologetic neocon and proud of it.

I wasn't using the term as a perjorative.

I disagree with much of their policy, but attacking the lable with broad brush strokes seems cheap and couter-productive to me

Sticks and stones. I take solace in that 99.9% of the people who use the term as a pejorative are clueless.

(queue: bilzrul's driveby)

I wasn't using the term as a perjorative.

I disagree with much of their policy, but attacking the lable with broad brush strokes seems cheap and couter-productive to me

I wasn't referring to you.

Pro Ukraine activists stepping up a little. Nice to see the Ukrainian soldiers get some love from their people in this video.

Prior episode shows barbed wire fences that Russians have laid down in Crimea. It's amazing tensions haven't lead to any deaths yet. I think Dc Tom shows up at the 12 min mark.

http://vice.com/vice-news/russian-roulette-the-invasion-of-ukraine-dispatch-seven?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Edited by Ryan L Billz

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/14/prepare-for-war-at-any-moment-ukrainian-president-warns-after-putin-sends-8500-soldiers-270-tanks-to-border/

Oleksander Turchynov said Moscow was “ready” to go much further than the annexation of the Black Sea territory of Crimea, which is expected to vote to secede from Ukraine in a referendum on Sunday.

I've read that our natural gas production could help out in this situation as it could drive down Russian prices or simply lead to a whole sale switch if we decide we can export ours, though I understand that would leave us paying more for it. But we are not sending troops I sure as hell hope

Yes, I've posted something along those lines, but if we drive down Russian prices we are not going to pay more for it here as consumers. The answer to our economic and political well being is sitting right under our feet and we have a president too beholding to the left wing nuts to do anything about it.

The word Neo Con has become a bad word in some parts.

Well, bring us disasters like the Iraq War would tend to make some reasonable people look upon them with a tad bit of suspicion B-)

Yes, I've posted something along those lines, but if we drive down Russian prices we are not going to pay more for it here as consumers. The answer to our economic and political well being is sitting right under our feet and we have a president too beholding to the left wing nuts to do anything about it.

The coal companies are left wing nuts?? Been to West Virginia lately? The coal companies have been environmental anti-fracking fanatics

Well, bring us disasters like the Iraq War would tend to make some reasonable people look upon them with a tad bit of suspicion B-)

The coal companies are left wing nuts?? Been to West Virginia lately? The coal companies have been environmental anti-fracking fanatics

Do you think that Obama is holding back drilling on federal lands and stonewalling on the Keystone Pipeline because of the coal companies? The coal companies are being regulated out of business by Obama's EPA rules.